R1 Centrals v North Friday 2.10 PM

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R1 Centrals v North Friday 2.10 PM

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:22 pm

Boyd was cdfcs b&f last year.

Just saying
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:35 pm

Based on the way Centrals played today it would seem that the Coach made the correct call with the team he named?

A poor reflection on Boyd's character if true.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Pseudo wrote:The first game of a new SANFL season.

Dogs in an upset.

8)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby southernbulldog » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:41 pm

What a win that was against very good opposition love the way we played.Not only because we won but it was enjoyable to watch great to see goals being scored instead of negative boring football.Hopefully the boys can get a lot of belief from that North came at as hard in the last couple of minutes but we stood up which was pleasing .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby northerner » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:23 pm

For the past 3 seasons the Dogs could only be competitive when Schillers (x2), Hosko Menzel and Boyd were on song.

Today a whole new breed stepped up.
Yes the recruits had an impact. Grant is a solid skilled mid and Grace is very capable up fwd. And Morton... wow he is a bonus. Composed classy defender.
But its some of our own who may well bw up for break out seasons with new found confidence and fitness.
Presbury was outstanding in creating from defence, Dew played his best game in 3 seasons and Barreau is set for a grear season.
And Jono Marsh made a statement; his progress last year from 2019 was significant, and today was clearly his best to date.

North never gave in but would be disappointed with too much expected from too few.
The Dogs won with an APW for the first time in many years.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Groucho » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:03 pm

Brodlach wrote:Wonder what Groucho will whinge about?

FVCK YOU!! :evil: :twisted:

And you too locky801.

I wasn't going to complain about anything. You just attack me for no reason.
I was going to say I enjoyed the game and Centrals played well, good attacking football.

Thank you for spoiling it for me. This sort of thing is the reason I hate enemy (opposition) supporters.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:18 pm

Unfortunately you have the credibility of a fat dog in an empty butchers shop. You would captain your country if whinging was a sport.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Groucho » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:57 pm

You too Doc. :evil:
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby JK » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:29 am

UK Fan wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Lots of talk at the ground that James Boyd has retired and Connor McLean has left the club. Can anyone confirm?

True

As fantastic as his SANFL career has been - And it has been - I don’t think it’s a bad loss with what I’d imagine your current plan is.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby northerner » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:17 am

JK wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Lots of talk at the ground that James Boyd has retired and Connor McLean has left the club. Can anyone confirm?

True

As fantastic as his SANFL career has been - And it has been - I don’t think it’s a bad loss with what I’d imagine your current plan is.

Wasnt happy with a different role.
northerner
Reserves

Postby Brodlach » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:47 am

DOC wrote:Unfortunately you have the credibility of a fat dog in an empty butchers shop. You would captain your country if whinging was a sport.

:lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:00 am

JK wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

True

Agree, I’ve always been a bit dubious about Boyd’s contribution as a character and personality to the side.

Can play as long as his doing what he wants to do

From what I saw yesterday his style of play probably wouldn’t have suited this high energy, move the ball at all costs style Thommo seems to have adopted.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:28 am

Running around racking up 35 possessions a game with little impact isnt what Thommo wants i believe .He wants a team the play for each other and all on the same page and he got that yesterday, no individuals just a team orientated mindset .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby DOC » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:40 am

When South played Centrals last season at Elizabeth, one of the coaches said to me If Boyd has 30 they could win, if he has 40 we will win by 6 and if he has 50 we will win by 10.

He had 40 ish and we won by 12.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:01 am

Groucho wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Wonder what Groucho will whinge about?

FVCK YOU!! :evil: :twisted:

And you too locky801.

I wasn't going to complain about anything. You just attack me for no reason.
I was going to say I enjoyed the game and Centrals played well, good attacking football.

Thank you for spoiling it for me. This sort of thing is the reason I hate enemy (opposition) supporters.

You’re welcome
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby ferret » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:34 am

southernbulldog wrote:Running around racking up 35 possessions a game with little impact isnt what Thommo wants i believe .He wants a team the play for each other and all on the same page and he got that yesterday, no individuals just a team orientated mindset .

Wasn't a team player at the Eagles that's why they let him go. Eagles refreshed with juniors, bought in players from lesser competitions, a more attacking style of game and bingo a premiership without Boyd.

Fresh players, a new coach, renewed enthusiasm can do wonders.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:53 am

ferret wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Running around racking up 35 possessions a game with little impact isnt what Thommo wants i believe .He wants a team the play for each other and all on the same page and he got that yesterday, no individuals just a team orientated mindset .

Wasn't a team player at the Eagles that's why they let him go. Eagles refreshed with juniors, bought in players from lesser competitions, a more attacking style of game and bingo a premiership without Boyd.

I think there still could be a place for Boyd in most footy teams based on ability but character issues just seem to follow him left right and centre.

I believe he was one who ended refusing to play under billion times premiership coach Laird. He was then one of the very vocal people who wanted Andrew’s gone, and now supposedly this. It’s pretty obvious where the issue actually lies.
whufc
Coach

Postby northerner » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:13 pm

whufc wrote:
ferret wrote:

I think there still could be a place for Boyd in most footy teams based on ability but character issues just seem to follow him left right and centre.

I believe he was one who ended refusing to play under billion times premiership coach Laird. He was then one of the very vocal people who wanted Andrew’s gone, and now supposedly this. It’s pretty obvious where the issue actually lies.

To be fair it was Roy who gave Boydie the DCM.
And that was based on he being unable to follow team instructions.
This time around he was told he would be playing less time on the ball (where we have oodles of options) and it was hoped he would mentor some of the youngsters.
Neither of these roles agreed with where Boydie saw his role and he made that known.
Subsequently placed in the ressies... and that was that.
northerner
Reserves

Postby bulldogproud » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:37 pm

Whilst I would still like to see Boydy at the club, the one I really believe we will miss is Connor. We had already lost all the rest of our tall players from the forward line before the season started; now we must have what is one of the shortest forward lines ever to play in the SANFL. Although the boys equipped themselves really well yesterday, I wouldn't mind having the height of a Connor McLean up there.

Btw, great weekend to be a Doggies man in two states - fantastic wins over North in League, Women's, Reserves and AwFuL! The women were amazing in their win over last year's premiers (9.3 to 2.1).

Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:27 am

Boyd has announced his retirement on Facebook

I’m sure there will now be a massive chase for his signature in the ammos, country comps. His probably earnt the right to go make a shit load in his final few years playing.

At his best was a very good player, especially in teams his style was needed. Could be wrong but whilst he played many times at Centrals I kind of felt he considered the eagles to be more of his home. He seemed to ‘put up’ with more there even playing a year of ressies, as soon as things got tough at Centrals he seemed to always take off.

Will always remember his flag at Centrals so wish him all the best.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL