Wow, that’s pathetic from the Dogs. 1 point in a half of football
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: R2 Port v Centrals Saturday 1410

Postby bullydog » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:03 pm

Did we replace the team with a div.6 amateur team at half time?
bullydog
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Groucho » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:25 pm

Good 1st Half, enjoyed it.
We lost. :( :twisted:
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:20 pm

And that's the inconsistency we'll have to expect this season, especially in the first half of the season BUT I still say we'll win more than we did last year, 5 or 6 games I reckon.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:18 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:And that's the inconsistency we'll have to expect this season, especially in the first half of the season BUT I still say we'll win more than we did last year, 5 or 6 games I reckon.

We do play 18 games this season so hopefully we do win more than last season.
Last year we only played 14 games.
The first half was good Yesterday but the 2nd half was horrible.
It's hard to believe that a league side can only kick one point in a half,and the 1
Point was a rushed kick from a boundary throw in.
We have the same problem that we always seem to encounter, NO height.
Last edited by TDJ44 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:22 pm

Jim05 wrote:Wow, that’s pathetic from the Dogs. 1 point in a half of football

It was pathetic,it was an average power reserves side.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Groucho » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:55 pm

bullydog wrote:Did we replace the team with a div.6 amateur team at half time?
Jim05 wrote:Wow, that’s pathetic from the Dogs. 1 point in a half of football

If I had written either of these posts I would have been torn a new one by Gazza and Northerner and abused by a couple of fellow Central supporters and random supporters from other teams.

These two write this and no reaction at all. What the?

Double standards, not fair.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:00 pm

You're your own worst enemy with posts like that mate. You don't want/like attention yet draw it to yourself with posts like that.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Postby Groucho » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:52 pm

I'm asking a question and stating a fact. How is that wrong?
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:05 am

Groucho wrote:I'm asking a question and stating a fact. How is that wrong?

Never said it was wrong but you complain about attention while seeking it at the same time.
I felt a bit of sympathy for your plight beforehand but not anymore.
A bit of advice, perhaps leave match day threads for discussion on the game instead if turning it into another oh whoe is me discussion drawing more atention to yourself.
Use the foe facility on this forum if you don"t like what some people post and move on.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:58 am

Ok Groucho, I'll answer for you. BTW, good morning.
For starters, Jim is a Norwood supporter, not someone who SUPPORTS Centrals.
Secondly, the other comment was from someone who just made a comment, someone who doesn't CONSTANTLY go on a nd on and on with negative stuff, to the point that it drives everyone crazy & sometimes would prefer that you just logged off from this forum & didn't return.
Mate, we ain't gonna win every week, I wish we would but we never have! BUT when we lose, just remember, the players don't WANT to lose, they don't lose to annoy you, they lose because they aren't good enough. It's only footy, my autistic daughter hits the nail on the head constantly. Dad, big deal, why are those men just chasing a ball around. lol
We love the fact that you FOLLOW Centrals but more SUPPORT would be really appreciated,
thank you,
na noo na noo,
shuzbutt.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby northerner » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:42 am

Fair to say the Dogs won the first half on our terms...run and pace.
In the second half Port exploited our weakness and bombed to contests rather than chip away. The Dogs have a glut of runners but few who can compete in the air, and we were also smashed in the ruck.
And the bravado that the youngsters had shown over the first 6 quarters of the season was replaced by the uncertainty and doubt that is also a characteristic of younger players.
Gillard and Barreau will return this week, and Ben Kelly is a strong defender who can be called up, but there isnt a lot we can do to combat the height issue, and with just 6 players from Saturday who have more than 50 games of league experience to their name, we are going to have some lows amongst the highs this season.

Our defence was very good. Presbury was our best for the second week running, and Habel, Fort, Montgomerie and Weaver all did very well under constant pressure.
Aiden Grace has elite field kicking skills as well as accuracy for goal. When we can get the ball in his hands we are looking good.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:01 pm

northerner wrote:Fair to say the Dogs won the first half on our terms...run and pace.
In the second half Port exploited our weakness and bombed to contests rather than chip away. The Dogs have a glut of runners but few who can compete in the air, and we were also smashed in the ruck.
And the bravado that the youngsters had shown over the first 6 quarters of the season was replaced by the uncertainty and doubt that is also a characteristic of younger players.
Gillard and Barreau will return this week, and Ben Kelly is a strong defender who can be called up, but there isnt a lot we can do to combat the height issue, and with just 6 players from Saturday who have more than 50 games of league experience to their name, we are going to have some lows amongst the highs this season.

Our defence was very good. Presbury was our best for the second week running, and Habel, Fort, Montgomerie and Weaver all did very well under constant pressure.
Aiden Grace has elite field kicking skills as well as accuracy for goal. When we can get the ball in his hands we are looking good.

Was watching on my phone which isn't always the best but thought Thomas lacked options, which pretty much led to him being outcoached. Internally i was pretty critical that Thommo didn't really try to much especially after almost an entire half of not scoring. Whilst thinking about it afterwards though I realised he doesn't have much flexibility to work with.

The lack of key defenders meant he wasn't able to use his most crucial pinch hitting weapon Fort in any other position. We got killed in the centre clearances and potentially could have used Fort in the ruck. Also when thinking about changing up our forward line it would be somewhat difficult when the like of Grace, Graham and East don't seem to have the ability to pinch hit in the midfield or take a real key position down back.

Think that might be an ongoing issue this year is that when we really struggle for an extended period do we have the players to be able to change a game through positional changes.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Ports won. That's good.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:05 pm

Booney wrote:Ports won. That's good.

I noticed you used plural there. Does that mean its not one club afterall oracle??? ;) ;) :D
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Groucho » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Never said it was wrong but you complain about attention while seeking it at the same time.
Use the foe facility on this forum if you don"t like what some people post and move on.

gazzamagoo wrote:For starters, Jim is a Norwood supporter, not someone who SUPPORTS Centrals.
Secondly, the other comment was from someone who just made a comment, someone who doesn't CONSTANTLY go on a nd on and on with negative stuff, to the point that it drives everyone crazy & sometimes would prefer that you just logged off from this forum & didn't return.
We love the fact that you FOLLOW Centrals but more SUPPORT would be really appreciated,
thank you,

I give up. I don't care what you say Gazza, I AM A CENTRALS SUPPORTER.

I offer my resume as proof. I have been a Centrals supporter since the age of 7 in 1964 when Centrals first started. I have attended every game since 1974 ( less a handful due to illness, family commitments etc.) . I have been a member and season ticket holder since 1978 and also spent thousands of dollars on merchandise, canteen, donations, raffles, meals at Grand Central, Best & Fairest etc. over 57 years. I also have attended player presentations since 2000.

So don't tell me I'm not a supporter.

To the Mods:

Please delete my login. Either ban me, expel me, excommunicate me whatever you need to do so I won't be tempted to log in here again. Please advise by a post in this topic when done. Thank you.

NB: Gazza I had decided to quit this forum before I read your post, so please don't take credit for getting rid of me.

Over and Out.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Deactivated your account, email us if you want to reactivate it down the track
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:34 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

Mate, we ain't gonna win every week, I wish we would but we never have! BUT when we lose, just remember, the players don't WANT to lose, they don't lose to annoy you, they lose because they aren't good enough. It's only footy, my autistic daughter hits the nail on the head constantly. Dad, big deal, why are those men just chasing a ball around. lol
thank you,
na noo na noo,
shuzbutt.

#happyclapper
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Doddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:56 pm

So do you guys need a new dark cloud to step up? I'm adaptable.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby StrayDog » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:01 pm

Booney wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

thank you,
na noo na noo,
shuzbutt.

#happyclapper

#shoulderangel 8)
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times