R2 Sturt v Norwood Saturday 1505

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R2 Sturt v Norwood Saturday 1505

Postby DOC » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:02 am

These game times. FMD.

Norwood could not have been more impressive. I saw their reserves play as well and plenty of depth.

Sturt will probably not have Wundke which is a big out. They were well beat by the Eagles in the second half last week having only three scoring shots and had 6 players with less than 10 touches.

Norwood by 10 goals.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: R2 Sturt v Norwood Saturday 1505

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:58 am

Sturt will offer more effort and intensity than Port did in the so I think it could be close. Norwood by 1-2 goals
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 am

Mark Evans will play his 150th this week. A very persistent footballer who has kicked nearly 250 goals and was the Ken Farmer medalist in 2018, and possibly the smallest player to have won it since it being named in 1981.
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:40 am

Cameron Shenton plays his 100th this week. Shenton also had four years at St Kilda and whilst there won a best and fairest with their then VFL side Sandringham. Just goes about his game and is very reliable, now playing mostly as a defender.
DOC
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 am

Think this a genuine 50/50 game, which makes me lean toward the home side. Rightly or wrongly, these are my reasons:

- Norwood an excellent win last week, but question marks over the quality of the opposition they beat.
- Sturt stuck with the reigning premiers for 3/4's away from home, that to me suggests theyre better than many think.
- Sturt due for a win against Norwood, and especially at home.
- Think Mattner will see Sturt being hard to beat at home most weeks, and certainly in their first home game.

Obviously both sides have to get through selection yet which could have a bearing on the result, but expect this should be a decent contest.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby nwdfanparade » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:10 pm

According to the SANFL fixture downloaded from the SANFL web site, the game is listed as being televised. My tv programme guide has Ch7 broadcasting a women's football final. I've checked a couple of web site tv programme pages and they list Ch7 broadcasting horse racing. Anybody know if the game IS being broadcasted? :?
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 145 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:03 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:According to the SANFL fixture downloaded from the SANFL web site, the game is listed as being televised. My tv programme guide has Ch7 broadcasting a women's football final. I've checked a couple of web site tv programme pages and they list Ch7 broadcasting horse racing. Anybody know if the game IS being broadcasted? :?

This game was originally being broadcast on Channel 7, correct.

But the SANFL weekly media release advises that C7 are now covering the AFLW at the expense of the SANFL coverage.

Chris Kendall and a guest will be covering this game on the SANFL Digital Pass platform.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:According to the SANFL fixture downloaded from the SANFL web site, the game is listed as being televised. My tv programme guide has Ch7 broadcasting a women's football final. I've checked a couple of web site tv programme pages and they list Ch7 broadcasting horse racing. Anybody know if the game IS being broadcasted? :?

Ive checked my Foxtel guide because the Glenelg v Eagles game was meant to be on. I think it has been replace with the Adelaide Crows women match followed by the other AFLW semi. ST v Nwd is on digital.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Big Phil » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:21 pm

goddy11 wrote:

Ive checked my Foxtel guide because the Glenelg v Eagles game was meant to be on. I think it has been replace with the Adelaide Crows women match. ST v Nwd is on digital.

SANFL STATEWIDE SUPER LEAGUE – ROUND 2

Match and broadcast details

Saturday April 10
North Adelaide v South Adelaide | Prospect Oval | 2:10pm | 1629 SEN SA & SEN App | SANFL Digital Pass
Port Adelaide v Central District | Alberton Oval | 2:10pm | SANFL Digital Pass
Sturt v Norwood | Unley Oval | 3:05pm | SANFL Digital Pass*
Glenelg v Eagles | ACH Group Stadium | 4:10pm | SANFL Digital Pass | The Advertiser live stream
West Adelaide v Adelaide | Hisense Stadium | 4:10pm | SANFL Digital Pass

*Note – there is no Channel 7 broadcast in Round 2 due to a scheduling clash with AFLW finals.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:54 pm

Remind me, is the SANFL still paying ch 7 to cover matches?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby DOC » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:31 pm

STURT

Sturt has made one change to its defensive structure to play Norwood at Unley Oval on Saturday.

William Coomblas will slot into centre half-back as a replacement for Sam Wundke (ribs) who was deemed unfit.

Adam Trenorden, Joel Thiele and North Hobart ruckman Hamish Allan (20, 205cm and 96kg) who could make his League debut, have been added to the extended interchange bench.

Forward Mark Evans will play his 150th League match.

League

F: J. Hone, Davis, Patullo

HF: Kirkwood, Evans, Houlahan

C: Slimming, Lewis, Crocker

HB: Page, Coomblas, Voss

B: Illman, Edmonds, Grivell

R: Fahey-Sparks, McEntee, Battersby

INT: Johnson, Trenorden, Allan, Carey, Shute, Penfold, Thiele

IN: Coomblas, Trenorden, Thiele, Allan

OUT: Wundke (ribs)

NEW: Hamish Allan (North Hobart)

MILESTONE: Mark Evans 150 games

Reserves
T. Hone, Richards, Crane, DeZylva, Parker-Boers, Braidwood, How, Grieve, Burrows, M. Lochowiak, A. Lochowiak, Parker, Grundy, Dakin, Doyle, Taylor, Cock, Bristow, Wingard, Walter, Smith, Liddy, Armiento

Under-18
F: Lochowiak, Read, Bishop
HF: J. Davies, Houston, Taylor
C: Tucker, Spain, Tidemann
HB: Hein, Fryer, Becker
B: Felton, Fidge, Torode

R: Kittel, O’ Callaghan, Sadler
INT: Aish, Stagg, Bateman, Chaplin
EMG: Tragakis, Thomas

NORWOOD

Norwood could blood the son of a former Crow when it tackles Sturt at Unley on Saturday.

Hard-running Ethan Schwerdt (19, 175cm and 74kg) has been named on the extended interchange to potentially make his League debut.

The son of former Central District and Adelaide wingman Stephen has been joined in the Redlegs’ 25-man squad by tall utility Lachlan Pascoe and half-forwards Cole Gerloff and Peter Bampton.

Star veteran Richard Douglas is unavailable due to personal reasons.

Utility Cameron Shenton will play his 100th Statewide Super League game.

League

F: Nelligan, Boyd, Puopolo

HF: Barry, Callow, Wagner

C: McKenzie, Rokahr, Grigg

HB: Z. Richards, Ball, Pedro

B: Shenton, Collins, J. Heard

R: Knoll, Spence, Nunn

INT: Hamilton, Saywell, Kennerley, Schwerdt, Pascoe, Gerloff, Bampton

IN: Schwerdt, Pascoe, Gerloff, Bampton

OUT: Douglas (personal reasons)

MILESTONE: Cameron Shenton 100 games

NEW: Ethan Schwerdt (Walkerville)

Reserves
Irra, B. Carroll, Martin, Bower, Buckham, Larkins, Vardanega, Cotter, Wilkins, Barnett, J. Richards, Hearing, Tranfa, Cavallaro, Binder, Chandler, Duke, Morris, Murley, Trepka, Higgins

Under-18
Walls, Bishop, Hyde, Bradford, Joseph, Jones-Bobridge, Gale, Gal, Lord, Rahui, Kent, Capurso, Richardson, Charlton, Verrall, Baldwin, Minervini, Pratt, Kemp, Michalanney, Ianniello, Bordon, Dnistrianky, Boxer, Foster, Pitt, Bowman, Lake
DOC
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:30 am

Norwood fairly easily I think, about 4 or 5 goals
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 pm

Norwood up 19 points to zip half way through the first quarter.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:14 pm

Struggled with the conditions that quarter and didn’t use the ball well into the breeze
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Good, hard fought win. Low scoring but a pretty decent game I thought. Real high pressure arm wrestle and thankfully we came out on top.
Jim05
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:Good, hard fought win. Low scoring but a pretty decent game I thought. Real high pressure arm wrestle and thankfully we came out on top.

From what I saw - Skills look a bit down on what we've been accustomed to the last decade, but tackling and physical application looked quality. To be fair to Sturt they never threw in the towel and were very honest, perhaps lacked a bit of polish. Take the points and move on to a desperate North next weekend.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:44 pm

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Good, hard fought win. Low scoring but a pretty decent game I thought. Real high pressure arm wrestle and thankfully we came out on top.

From what I saw - Skills look a bit down on what we've been accustomed to the last decade, but tackling and physical application looked quality. To be fair to Sturt they never threw in the towel and were very honest, perhaps lacked a bit of polish. Take the points and move on to a desperate North next weekend.
Breeze was really tricky and I think we were trying to finesse a little too much with our kicking. Thought we were strong in the air though and had just a bit more polish than Sturt. Definitely room for improvement but great to see us taking on the corridor and not crabbing it around the boundary
Jim05
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:

Breeze was really tricky and I think we were trying to finesse a little too much with our kicking. Thought we were strong in the air though and had just a bit more polish than Sturt. Definitely room for improvement but great to see us taking on the corridor and not crabbing it around the boundary

Yep, would sooner see us get beat trying to take the game on and putting our bodies on the line than crabbing about the place.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Board index   Football  SANFL