R3 South v Port Saturday 2.10PM

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R3 South v Port Saturday 2.10PM

Postby southee » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:05 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Good win today.

Very entertaining at the players race as the Port players came off both Sutcliffe & Garner had a few nice things to say!

F$&@ off, you bunch of c&$@&.....

Sutcliffe didn’t take the loss very well ...

Terrific fighting win again a good quality port side.

Broadbent, Haren, Gibbs, Summerton and O’Neill... my best today.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby saintal » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:31 am

Quality win in what turned out to be a great game after a bit of a scrappy first term. Have never held a lot of faith in South winning 'arm wrestles' against sides with physical/big bodied mids, but today they played with a lot of maturity. This despite losing the clearances 21-33.

M. Broadbent, B. Gibbs, L. Fitt, M. Rose, J. Summerton, J. Loneragan named best by the club. Fitt's had a really consistent 3 games, have felt in the past we've only seen glimpses of what he's capable of. Gibbs' goal late in the match was a beauty. Took a while to warm to Loneragan but he's been very good in recent weeks.

Had a decent run with the umps.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby saintal » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:33 am

southee wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Good win today.

Very entertaining at the players race as the Port players came off both Sutcliffe & Garner had a few nice things to say!

F$&@ off, you bunch of c&$@&.....

Sutcliffe didn’t take the loss very well ...

Terrific fighting win again a good quality port side.

Broadbent, Haren, Gibbs, Summerton and O’Neill... my best today.

Haven't been to a match against either of the interlopers for a few years, but yep there were always 1 or 2 who couldn't help themselves and had a yap back at the supporters on their way off. :lol:
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:45 am

To Sutcliffe's credit he came into the club with two others and stayed for a while. Plenty of players from South were willing to talk, He played a fantastic game yesterday, Easily Port's best. Every disposal counted and most hurt. All he did was respond. What if he came around the other side of the wire? I suspect the smell of poo would have been in the air.

I am not keen on players coping abuse when all they have done is play. Win graciously.

AS I recall, the toughest people at any game of football always seemed to be on the other side of the fence. I am no saint having allowed the occasion to confuse capabilities with ambition. Sometimes the gob runneth over.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:08 am

The game.

Matthew Lokan said after the game that they should have been a few goals up at half time. I totally agree. Sometimes you get given an opportunity. Yesterday was one such day.

Port ended up with 40 more disposals, mostly handball to running players, had total domination in the ruck, won the clearances easily and controlled the midfield. So what happened?

South's defence played a fantastic committed game and this was reflected in the coaches best at presentations.

Broadbent, Summerton, Rose and Lonergan (a more than handy improver) all defenders filled four of the six with Gibbs who played half on the ball and half in defence making it 5 from 6. Haines was great as well. The only forward to get a vote was Liam Fitt who worked hard and was rewarded for some strong tackling adding to the pressure applied when they had the ball.

I've got a feeling that yesterday will have taught us a lesson. That's two slow starts and we have gotten out of jail as our opponents did not put it beyond doubt. A third chance is unlikely to be as favorable.
DOC
Coach

Postby PanthersFan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:18 am

saintal wrote:Quality win in what turned out to be a great game after a bit of a scrappy first term. Have never held a lot of faith in South winning 'arm wrestles' against sides with physical/big bodied mids, but today they played with a lot of maturity. This despite losing the clearances 21-33.

M. Broadbent, B. Gibbs, L. Fitt, M. Rose, J. Summerton, J. Loneragan named best by the club. Fitt's had a really consistent 3 games, have felt in the past we've only seen glimpses of what he's capable of. Gibbs' goal late in the match was a beauty. Took a while to warm to Loneragan but he's been very good in recent weeks.

Had a decent run with the umps.

I thought Loneragan was very good last year too and then he suffered a season ending injury against the Dogs. It happened right in front of me, was a horrible sound. So happy he’s playing well again.

Umpiring was ok except almost gifted port a goal late when Sampson chased down Burgoyne only for it to be called holding the MAN after he’d taken a bounce. Luckily Ladhams missed a set shot after and all was well.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby PanthersFan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:19 am

DOC wrote:To Sutcliffe's credit he came into the club with two others and stayed for a while. Plenty of players from South were willing to talk, He played a fantastic game yesterday, Easily Port's best. Every disposal counted and most hurt. All he did was respond. What if he came around the other side of the wire? I suspect the smell of poo would have been in the air.

I am not keen on players coping abuse when all they have done is play. Win graciously.

AS I recall, the toughest people at any game of football always seemed to be on the other side of the fence. I am no saint having allowed the occasion to confuse capabilities with ambition. Sometimes the gob runneth over.

I may have called out “no AFL in the SANFL” but I didn’t hear any actual abuse, although it was loud for South supporters.
I wasn’t going to say anything, I never abuse players, I agree with you there Doc and yes, they could beat the crap out of me pretty easily so there’s that. But when those two port players turned around and started at some South fans that’s when I decided to call out. Yep, sometimes the occasion gets the better of us.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:28 am

Nothing wrong with that. Someone did yell get off our ground and out of our league but I will not name Blueandwhite for doing so.

For him to go off the way he did suggests it was something aimed at him. I did not hear anything directly but I maintain cheer your own. You get bugger all having a crack after the siren.

It hurts more to hear " Bad luck you did your best".
DOC
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:11 pm

DOC wrote:Nothing wrong with that. Someone did yell get off our ground and out of our league but I will not name Blueandwhite for doing so.

For him to go off the way he did suggests it was something aimed at him. I did not hear anything directly but I maintain cheer your own. You get bugger all having a crack after the siren.

WTF!!!!?????????? : not sure what you are referring to doc, but at the time I was actively engaged in a conversation with one of our players partners.... :?
Last edited by blueandwhite on Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby southee » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:58 pm

DOC wrote:Nothing wrong with that. Someone did yell get off our ground and out of our league but I will not name Blueandwhite for doing so.

Can think of many numerous times South (and other clubs) have coped abuse from their supporters at Alberton coming off after the game.

Nothing in it.

Bit of banter after the game.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby darley16 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:19 pm

Loved the second quarter excellent game and the Panthers play attractive disiplined footy and have that perfect mix of experience and youth.
Never impressed when supporteres regardless whether they are ours or theirs that pass on abuse or "banter" to oppostion players leaving the field. These blokes are providing us with the entertianment of the sport and simple respect is all that is asked.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby darley16 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:19 pm

Loved the second quarter excellent game and the Panthers play attractive disiplined footy and have that perfect mix of experience and youth.
Never impressed when supporteres regardless whether they are ours or theirs that pass on abuse or "banter" to oppostion players leaving the field. These blokes are providing us with the entertianment of the sport and simple respect is all that is asked.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:22 pm

darley16 wrote:Loved the second quarter excellent game and the Panthers play attractive disiplined footy and have that perfect mix of experience and youth.

Chirp if you want, just don't get surprised if you get a response.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby DOC » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:23 pm

blueandwhite wrote:

WTF!!!!?????????? : not sure what you are referring to doc, but at the time I was actively engaged in a conversation with one of our players partners.... :?

Humble apologies.
DOC
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL