R7 South v The All Conquering Glenelg Sunday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R7 South v The All Conquering Glenelg Sunday 1410

Postby DOC » Tue May 18, 2021 7:41 pm

Glenelg look set to play their first game this season with more than 18 players. They have not bothered in the first six rounds. As the $1.05 favorites to win all four remaining grades they will travel to Noarlunga full of confidence and have vowed to set new records in all three grades. Brtett Hand said in an interview with me that he hates South, always has and is even thinking of playing the reserves against us just to show how good they are.

South last round had one of the greatest victories in living memory despite only having 16 players of which only 9 of were fit and was described by 17 current AFL coaches as the benchmark for football in this country whilst Glenelg thanks to the usual one sided umpiring that Glenelg always get at their ground that can not even have cars parked around it and always runs out of stout as well as cold pies and burnt pasties stole the game against Sturt with a free kick for goal near the siren. Only one of their inside 50's was not from a free.

South have been told by the SANFL that all five South players who played in the state game last weekend can not play because it's on a Sunday whilst Glenelg have been told that if their six from the state game play they will get a 12 goal head start.

Despite that, South for me by a point, kicked by Gibbs.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: R7 South v The All Conquering Glenelg Sunday 1410

Postby am Bays » Tue May 18, 2021 8:18 pm

So much for starting a Bays v South thread early....

Like the last 10 years South to win a Carlunga and confirm their rightful premiership favouritism

South fans to be out numbered by the club with the largest supporter base in its traditional metro zone
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue May 18, 2021 8:31 pm

The Bays have been South's bunnies for a while now. No reason to expect that to change this weekend. Looking forward to the game all the same, since the Tigers missed out on their annual Noarlunga fixture last year.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Spargo » Tue May 18, 2021 10:08 pm

DOC wrote:Glenelg look set to play their first game this season with more than 18 players. They have not bothered in the first six rounds. As the $1.05 favorites to win all four remaining grades they will travel to Noarlunga full of confidence and have vowed to set new records in all three grades. Brtett Hand said in an interview with me that he hates South, always has and is even thinking of playing the reserves against us just to show how good they are.

South last round had one of the greatest victories in living memory despite only having 16 players of which only 9 of were fit and was described by 17 current AFL coaches as the benchmark for football in this country whilst Glenelg thanks to the usual one sided umpiring that Glenelg always get at their ground that can not even have cars parked around it and always runs out of stout as well as cold pies and burnt pasties stole the game against Sturt with a free kick for goal near the siren. Only one of their inside 50's was not from a free.

South have been told by the SANFL that all five South players who played in the state game last weekend can not play because it's on a Sunday whilst Glenelg have been told that if their six from the state game play they will get a 12 goal head start.

Attachments
092CB3DC-44A7-435F-9673-F50A34C0D7FB.gif
092CB3DC-44A7-435F-9673-F50A34C0D7FB.gif (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1314 times
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby blueandwhite » Tue May 18, 2021 11:21 pm

.Bays at unbackable odds to continue their march to undefeated Premiership glory ..
Gibbs and Broady set to play keepings off and wax between themselves for most of the day....
Partington to realise after 2 years at Glenelg, that Noarlunga....in fact is an adult sized ground which would have suited him , and that its ......."Not that far " ....actually
In all seriousness, should be a cracking game , to played in still pristine conditions, I'm tipping the Panfs by 3 pts on their home deck.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Big Phil » Tue May 18, 2021 11:29 pm

Interesting head to head stats for this top of the table clash. Match of the Round for mine.

ALL RECENT ENCOUNTERS:
The last 9 games have been split 4 wins each and the draw at The Bay in Round 3 of 2019.

AT NOARLUNGA:
South Adelaide have won the last 7 encounters
Glenelg's last win at Noarlunga Oval was way back on Friday 23rd of March, Round 1 of season 2013*

*If the Bays win on Sunday, this would be 2,977 days since they would have defeated the Panthers down there.

Interesting score line / better players from this game, below.

SA - 3.4 = 22 | 7.5 = 47 | 10.05 = 65 | 14.06 = 90
GL - 2.3 = 15 | 8.6 = 54 | 14.10 = 94 | 17.17 = 119

SOUTH ADELAIDE
Goal Kickers: M. Wundke 5, S. Snook 3, N. Liddle 2, P. Rolfe 2, J. Cross , B. Eddy
Best Players: M. Wundke, K. Miller

GLENELG
Goal Kickers: R. Kirkby 4, J. Trembath 3, A. Hooper 3, C. Hitchcock 2, T. Allen , L. Hender , C. Pitt , T. Lynch , T. Logan
Best Players: C. Pitt, T. Logan, T. Lynch, S. Tapp, K. Tenace, W. Mcginty
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Spargo » Wed May 19, 2021 5:55 am

DOC wrote:Glenelg look set to play their first game this season with more than 18 players. They have not bothered in the first six rounds. As the $1.05 favorites to win all four remaining grades they will travel to Noarlunga full of confidence and have vowed to set new records in all three grades. Brtett Hand said in an interview with me that he hates South, always has and is even thinking of playing the reserves against us just to show how good they are.

The league have also ticked off that State Game goals from last week will count towards this match.
Glenelg will start on 11 goals, South on 2.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times

Postby PanthersFan » Wed May 19, 2021 7:29 am

Best game preview ever!!
You're on top of your game Doc!
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Wed May 19, 2021 7:31 am

Who would of thought South and Glenelg would be the fiercest fan rivalry in the SANFL. :lol: :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby PanthersFan » Wed May 19, 2021 7:38 am

Glenelg are again the benchmark of the competition and at this stage look unbeatable.
I expect them to continue their winning form on their way to a guaranteed premiership.
Tigers by 342.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby DOC » Wed May 19, 2021 10:12 am

am Bays wrote:So much for starting a Bays v South thread early....

Like the last 10 years South to win a Carlunga and confirm their rightful premiership favouritism

South fans to be out numbered by the club with the largest supporter base in its traditional metro zone

I will count them and let you know.

How will South win a Carlunga?

What do the Crows supporters have to do with this game?

Why are Glenelg only celebrating 100 of their 101 years?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby am Bays » Wed May 19, 2021 10:50 am

:lol: :lol:

Will their be wind at Carlunga ;)

Why does a mother love an ugly child?
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby stampy » Wed May 19, 2021 10:53 am

hahaha you souf people , cant wait for this one, being a southerner its a true hoe game for me, get there early in the car, sneak frothies in, should be a cracker and hopefully we go 2 games clear at the top of the ladder, wont be backing us though
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby JK » Wed May 19, 2021 11:24 am

Premiers to get over the Panthers by 8 points. Unless the Tigers of old return in September, can't see anyone standing in their way, order the shirts now.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby am Bays » Wed May 19, 2021 11:57 am

JK wrote:Premiers to get over the Panthers by 8 points. Unless the Tigers of old return in September, can't see anyone standing in their way, order the shirts now.

et tu JK, et tu?
am Bays
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed May 19, 2021 3:00 pm

Gee I hope the hovercraft and smoke ring machine are in use.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times

Postby am Bays » Wed May 19, 2021 4:23 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Gee I hope the hovercraft and smoke ring machine are in use.

What about the tortured leopard cries that pass for a panther with it ghoulies in a vice?
am Bays
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Wed May 19, 2021 4:33 pm

am Bays wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Gee I hope the hovercraft and smoke ring machine are in use.

What about the tortured leopard cries that pass for a panther with it ghoulies in a vice?

Yeah not great........ sadly we seem to hear it a lot when weve played the bays at home over the last 8 years.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Postby am Bays » Wed May 19, 2021 4:41 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Yeah not great........ sadly we seem to hear it a lot when weve played the bays at home over the last 8 years.

Which is why you are unbackable favourites

Lets call this game for what it is: The Battle for Cement Hill
am Bays
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Wed May 19, 2021 4:44 pm

am Bays wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Which is why you are unbackable favourites

Lets call this game for what it is: The Battle for Cement Hill

You can have cement hill, its in your territory, its ugly , and its home to the worst golf course in SA.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL