R7 South v The All Conquering Glenelg Sunday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R7 South v The All Conquering Glenelg Sunday 1410

Postby Spargo » Wed May 26, 2021 10:38 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
JK wrote:The Premiers just keep doing as they please, doubt anyone can even get close to them.

let's see what happens after the MSD.

The only player of note nominated is Partington, and as much I love him, I don’t think he’ll be picked up.
(remembering in 2019 we lost the league’s leading goal kicker at the time in the MSD & still won the flag ;) )
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Wed May 26, 2021 10:48 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
JK wrote:The Premiers just keep doing as they please, doubt anyone can even get close to them.

Not even Covid or the recent surge in Syphilis could stop this mob (albeit the latter possibly has before)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby am Bays » Wed May 26, 2021 10:52 am

Durdin according to media reports on the weekend has nominated too.

There are about 24 picks ATM and depending on what clubs do in the next week with the placement of players on long term injury lists there will be about 30 possible picks next week.

Not all possible picks ill be used

Most of the picks will come from Victoria. north have already committed by all reports to the Victoria n ruckman.

Crows haven't brought that Tasmanian here to F*** spiders.

Port currently have no picks so have to move a player to the LTI list to pick up someone.

I don't think it will be the calamity that everyone thinks it will be but then I don't barrack for South, Norwood or the eagles.

Westies fans I think you'll be OK this MSD.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Spargo » Wed May 26, 2021 10:54 am

JK wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Not even Covid or the recent surge in Syphilis could stop this mob (albeit the latter possibly has before)

You’re spending far too much time on Glenelg threads recently...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby am Bays » Wed May 26, 2021 10:54 am

JK wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

[-X [-X [-X

You're on fire this morning aren't you, you whacky funster, you....

I'll remember this when you beat us on June 5 and claim the outright favouritism...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby JK » Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 pm

Haha always been good fun you Bay lads ... Be plenty of Norwood fans hoping for the best for BH, quality bloke who was always held in the highest regard by players and supporters at the Parade.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby saintal » Thu May 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Plymptonpanther wrote:Agree with all of that saintal.

Regarding the inside 50 disparity, I made the observation to my partner during the 2nd qtr that while we were getting it in there a fair bit, it was mostly coming straight back out again. In summary, dysfunctional. Long bombs in with largely no crumbs or even the ability to hold it in. Wilkinson's absence after quarter time didn't help, Sam Overall looks out of touch, ditto Fitt. First look at Nobes, wasn't entirely disappointed, clunked a few and at least brought the ball to ground on several other occasions.

As an aside, seemed like a couple of cheap goals from right on the goal line to Glenelg in that 2nd quarter when we were briefly having the better of the game. Not sure how we failed to rush them through or if they got an arsey bounce, my view was obscured. Anyways, certainly stemmed what brief momemtum we had.

All that said, Bays too good on the day.

Good summary PP. The second term was frustrating because as you mentioned those couple of goals that were given up on the goal line appeared very preventable (from my vantage point 100 meters away anyway haha). Irrespective of that, we just couldn't keep up with the Bays in the 'premiership' term.

While realising that goals aren't the only measure of a forward's value, for Overall to have only kicked 1 in 4 matches in concerning. Seems devoid of confidence and to some extent fitness. Nobes has some limitations but competes hard and hopefully can maintain his spot in the side. Fitt's form has dropped off after 9 goals in the opening 3 rounds (just 1 goal since). Wilkinson is an important link between the midfield and forward line and was missed after his injury.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL