R13 Norwood v Sturt Friday 7.40

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R13 Norwood v Sturt Friday 7.40

Postby Douglas Mawson » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Douglas Mawson wrote:Jim05, I don’t think it’s quite so bad as just making up the numbers. It’s just what it looks like when you HONESTLY refresh a list, which is Twig’s charter. The business of topping up an ordinary list with 28 year olds no longer works - if it ever really did.

Lots of kids this year-who are good- but gonna be inconsistent.

It’s better than under freakin’ Cotts, Jim, isn’t it?
Of course it’s better than Cotton but the complete lack of effort on several occasions this year is appalling and it’s time for him to start dropping the hammer on some of these blokes.
No matter how poorly you are playing everyone is still capable of tackling or chasing, they are non negotiables IMO.

Agreed
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Douglas Mawson » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:22 pm

Douglas Mawson wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Douglas Mawson wrote:Jim05, I don’t think it’s quite so bad as just making up the numbers. It’s just what it looks like when you HONESTLY refresh a list, which is Twig’s charter. The business of topping up an ordinary list with 28 year olds no longer works - if it ever really did.

Lots of kids this year-who are good- but gonna be inconsistent.

It’s better than under freakin’ Cotts, Jim, isn’t it?
Of course it’s better than Cotton but the complete lack of effort on several occasions this year is appalling and it’s time for him to start dropping the hammer on some of these blokes.
No matter how poorly you are playing everyone is still capable of tackling or chasing, they are non negotiables IMO.

Agreed

I particularly hate loosing to these Muggles on our patch.

Feels dirty.
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby robranisgod » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:25 pm

Ken Cunningham has been sprouting all week that Norwood will win the flag.
I didn't understand where he was coming from before tonight's game and after watching tonight, albeit on the digital pass, I think that Norwood will struggle to get the double chance. They have to play Glenelg, North and Port away and the Eagles at home. West and Adelaide are their other two games.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 227 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:35 pm

robranisgod wrote:Ken Cunningham has been sprouting all week that Norwood will win the flag.
I didn't understand where he was coming from before tonight's game and after watching tonight, albeit on the digital pass, I think that Norwood will struggle to get the double chance. They have to play Glenelg, North and Port away and the Eagles at home. West and Adelaide are their other two games.
We will be lucky to make finals, double chance was never happening. We simply aren’t that good. We are a 5th-7th placed side and the sooner everyone realises the better
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby nwdfanparade » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:04 am

Douglas Mawson wrote:Sheesh it’s cold….and I say that with some experience.

I bought a drink of hot chocolate. When I got back to my seat, I had chocolate ice cream!
;)
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 148 times

Postby Interceptor » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:24 am

robranisgod wrote:Ken Cunningham has been sprouting all week that Norwood will win the flag.

Well sadly it seems KG has gone senile.
He must have reverted to a time where we actually had a good side and didn't give up big leads at home.

I'm a long way from it these days, but it's pretty easy to see watching the games that:

-we heavily rely on a small number of the experienced players (Grigg, Douglas, Puoppolo and a few others)
-the junior players have their moments, but fade
-the team's best is very good, but opposition teams usually get plenty of time to get back into the match when the intensity drops
-the forwards are lacklustre and scoring dries up in long stretches

As Jim said, we simply aren't that good.
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL