R 18 Port v South Saturday 1405

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R 18 Port v South Saturday 1405

Postby am Bays » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:55 pm

another grub wrote:sack Gotch

That wouldn’t be the Wright call, Gotch coaches Westies and they play the Bays next week…. ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:12 am

spell_check wrote:
Al4 wrote:
spell_check wrote:https://websites.mygameday.app/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-7180-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

South Australia National Football League (SANFL) Hamley Bridge Football Club Butcher, John Approved 2021-08-13 2021-08-13

Adelaide Plains league have finished their minor round. Hamley Bridge didn't make the finals starting this weekend, so Butch is free to play.

This may bore a few, but it reminds me of a player who played for South in 1933, when I was researching that seasons players.

https://www.safc.com.au/every-south-ade ... layer.html

Player 693 I believe is Harold Roy Holder; he played for Goodwood in the Amateur League, but because that season finished much earlier, he then turned out for the Association (Reserves) side for a couple of matches, then the League side for the last two.

spell_check - if memory serves me correctly, there was a player who came in and played for the Eagles either in finals or just before finals around 2005ish under Fuller. Can’t remember his name. He was an Olympic water polo player or something? I don’t think he’d been with the squad all year, but presume he must’ve been playing footy somewhere. Does that ring a bell?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby spell_check » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:39 am

Aerie wrote:
spell_check wrote:
Al4 wrote:
spell_check wrote:https://websites.mygameday.app/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-7180-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

South Australia National Football League (SANFL) Hamley Bridge Football Club Butcher, John Approved 2021-08-13 2021-08-13

Adelaide Plains league have finished their minor round. Hamley Bridge didn't make the finals starting this weekend, so Butch is free to play.

This may bore a few, but it reminds me of a player who played for South in 1933, when I was researching that seasons players.

https://www.safc.com.au/every-south-ade ... layer.html

Player 693 I believe is Harold Roy Holder; he played for Goodwood in the Amateur League, but because that season finished much earlier, he then turned out for the Association (Reserves) side for a couple of matches, then the League side for the last two.

spell_check - if memory serves me correctly, there was a player who came in and played for the Eagles either in finals or just before finals around 2005ish under Fuller. Can’t remember his name. He was an Olympic water polo player or something? I don’t think he’d been with the squad all year, but presume he must’ve been playing footy somewhere. Does that ring a bell?

Chris Martin - 2002 played Rds 1-2; 21-23; EF & SF, then came back for the last round in 2005, and played the four finals.
Last edited by spell_check on Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby southee » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:41 am

Once again. A really disappointing result.

Port nothing to play for .... South everything (for a lock in for finals).
Broadbent and Gibbs keep holding the fort up but no one wants to step up.
No forward structure, defence is poor.
Port with 15 top up players I believe (??)

Sam PP and Woodcock let off on a leash without any pressure from a South player.

Can not believe how much we have fallen from grace since the first half of the year we were sitting near top of the ladder.
Think its 2 wins from 9 since mid year.

In reality we have only beaten bottom sides (other than Eagles and North once each).

The season now seems shot.

Fighting for our lives to stay in the 5.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby whybother » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:15 pm

My feeling is that the Eagles are in cruise mode heading to the finals with a top 3 spot secured. Maybe it would be in their best interest to beat Sturt next week, just to keep South in the final 5, rather than an in-form Sturt.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby PanthersFan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:46 am

Any information as to what happened at Alberton at the end of the game regarding Port getting free kicks at two centre bounces in a row? A very undisciplined South player or runner? Either way, the club needs to release a statement to members as to how the team capitulated yet again.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:14 am

It may have been as simple as players breaking the 50 m arc before the ball was bounced, given that the free kick was paid to the Ruckman not where the incident occurred (mark would’ve been where the infringement was in that case)

As youvsaid after 3 years with this law breaking it at SANFL league level doesn’t illustrate good discipline.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby saintal » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:33 am

The lack of intensity from South in the opening term was alarming. Power reserves given ample time to space to find leading forwards and create scoring opportunities. Much like North last week. 32 goals given up in the past fortnight.

On a positive note Fitt found some form, Skinner’s purple patch down back continued, Broadbent again led by example, Heaslip had one of his better games.

2 wins from past 8 (v CD and the Ravens). Even if we hold onto 5th it’s difficult to see the season extending by more than an week. April premiers once again.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby southernbulldog » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Just saw the Biemans report on SANFL website for hitting Woodcock .He shouldve been reported for acting going down like he did 3 pirouettes like he had been shot
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:06 pm

whybother wrote:My feeling is that the Eagles are in cruise mode heading to the finals with a top 3 spot secured. Maybe it would be in their best interest to beat Sturt next week, just to keep South in the final 5, rather than an in-form Sturt.

Cruise mode lol.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Spargo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:59 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
whybother wrote:My feeling is that the Eagles are in cruise mode heading to the finals with a top 3 spot secured. Maybe it would be in their best interest to beat Sturt next week, just to keep South in the final 5, rather than an in-form Sturt.

Cruise mode lol.

Predetermining results to shape the finals, cruise mode indeed…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby am Bays » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Spargo wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

Cruise mode lol.

Predetermining results to shape the finals, cruise mode indeed…

Why we did it Rd 19 in 2019 to keep the then likely premier out, worked it all right, hey?
am Bays
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL