All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:32 am

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:From SANFL website

GOING
Nick Gillard (retired), Brendan Dew (Barossa District), Brett Kennedy (Gawler Central), Connor Mclean (Norwood), Jacob Templeton (Adelaide SANFL), Jonathan Marsh (Coburg), David Haydon (retired), Dylan Morton, Corey Di Stefano, Jordan O’Brien (Salisbury North), Wyatt Patterson

That’s a pity uglier than first thought.

Again, no walk-up A grade players,
We have retained the nucleus of the team,
2 or 3 more quality signings will see us in a much better position than in previous years.

Surely Morton playing 17 games. dew playing 13 games and Marsh playing most of the year mean they were walk up starts. Then you Gillard and Patterson who were handy depth players as well.

Also hearing another interstate recruit will not be coming back either.

Graham
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby TDJ44 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:59 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Are we a chance to get those signings ? Thought Morton was pretty solid all season and i know Marsh had his critics but he did play every game .Do we know if those that have left did on their own accord ? .Special mention to David Haydon a true clubman and someone who gave everything he could when he played and bled Red,White & Blue .

Marsh knew he wasn't up to it, trouble is no-one else we have is either.
He has landed a great job in Melbourne with Novita.
Morton was ok but in and out of the reserves, just like most other players we have lost.
One of the not confirmed signings has returned his signed contract,
the other one is in the process of signing & returning but I am assured that he's a definite IN.
The players that have left haven't been "vigorously pursued" to stay.
And when I say 2 or 3 more quality signings, I'm talking about on top of the above-mentioned 2.

Are you talking about recruits or just more re-signings.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby northerner » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:13 am

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:From SANFL website

GOING
Nick Gillard (retired), Brendan Dew (Barossa District), Brett Kennedy (Gawler Central), Connor Mclean (Norwood), Jacob Templeton (Adelaide SANFL), Jonathan Marsh (Coburg), David Haydon (retired), Dylan Morton, Corey Di Stefano, Jordan O’Brien (Salisbury North), Wyatt Patterson

That’s a pity uglier than first thought.

Again, no walk-up A grade players,
We have retained the nucleus of the team,
2 or 3 more quality signings will see us in a much better position than in previous years.

Surely Morton playing 17 games. dew playing 13 games and Marsh playing most of the year mean they were walk up starts. Then you Gillard and Patterson who were handy depth players as well.

Also hearing another interstate recruit will not be coming back either.

Yes Dew Marsh and Morton played more league than reserves. But that is in a team that finished well off the pace.
Most pundits were calling for a revamp of the playing list because it was deemed not strong enough...now there are concerns we are losing players???

All of the players on this list have played league. But moving forward most of them would not be walk up starters for Round One.
Our very best dozen players from 2021 will all be there in 2022.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:17 am

Should rename this thread the Central District Thread
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:21 am

We definitely need a revamp but would have preferred we added league quality and kept the promising youngster in Dew and Morton.

The losses of Morton, Dew, Allir, Graham & Marsh (who would have been a decent back up option) are now only just covered by the recruits we have......definitely need a few more INS before I start to 100% say we are a better list than last year.

I remember many pundits claiming Morton was a genuine gun, ready to go league player and now that he is gone is just considered part of the revamp.

I've also heard many say we re-signed 100% of the players we wanted hard to think the club didn't want Morton and Dew around...….........
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Eagles Nest » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:32 am

goddy11 wrote:
Aerie wrote:Play a few years of Eagles Reserves and if you’re good enough you can play League footy with the Eagles, if not, you can join the Port Magpies!

It surprises me the Eagles players going to Port instead of trying out at other SANFL clubs or getting better money at local/country clubs. I rate Jackson Lee and Nick Moore. More than useful. They could easily make it at other clubs . Same with the Weed. PA must have a secret slush fund to sign them on.

Last stop is Brougham Place !
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:55 am

The Central District Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of Bailey Reeves & Billy McCormack.

Bailey arrives to Centrals from the Suns VFL and Academy program and has had very positive reports from CDFC past player and current GC Suns Senior Coach Stuart Dew. Bailey’s game is moulded on high work rate and love of the contest. We welcome Bailey to the Club and trust he will add to our group through his ability to play multiple roles across the forward line and midfield.

We welcome Billy to the Club from VFL footy with Frankston. Although used as a defender in the VFL, at 199cm and super athletic Billy played his NAB league footy with Eastern Ranges in 2018-2019 as Ruck / Forward. This is where we trust Billy can add to our playing group and are excited to see him around the ball working with our Mids.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:59 am

bulldogproud wrote:The Central District Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of Bailey Reeves & Billy McCormack.

Bailey arrives to Centrals from the Suns VFL and Academy program and has had very positive reports from CDFC past player and current GC Suns Senior Coach Stuart Dew. Bailey’s game is moulded on high work rate and love of the contest. We welcome Bailey to the Club and trust he will add to our group through his ability to play multiple roles across the forward line and midfield.

We welcome Billy to the Club from VFL footy with Frankston. Although used as a defender in the VFL, at 199cm and super athletic Billy played his NAB league footy with Eastern Ranges in 2018-2019 as Ruck / Forward. This is where we trust Billy can add to our playing group and are excited to see him around the ball working with our Mids.

Nice...……..keep them coming.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:01 pm

I believe North Adelaide have Isaac Moller and Matt Longbottom from BSR doing a pre season with them.

Last year NA had success with Lachie Wilsdon from BSR, many would have Isaac and Matty are definitely on par with Wilsdon as a footballer if not better.
whufc
Coach

Postby Al4 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:18 pm

whufc wrote:We definitely need a revamp but would have preferred we added league quality and kept the promising youngster in Dew and Morton.

The losses of Morton, Dew, Allir, Graham & Marsh (who would have been a decent back up option) are now only just covered by the recruits we have......definitely need a few more INS before I start to 100% say we are a better list than last year.

I remember many pundits claiming Morton was a genuine gun, ready to go league player and now that he is gone is just considered part of the revamp.

I've also heard many say we re-signed 100% of the players we wanted hard to think the club didn't want Morton and Dew around...….........

with the reduced salary cap, if we want to recruit new interstate players, we will lose some current players.
Al4

Been liked: 10 times

Postby ferret » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:04 pm

whufc wrote:I believe North Adelaide have Isaac Moller and Matt Longbottom from BSR doing a pre season with them.

Last year NA had success with Lachie Wilsdon from BSR, many would have Isaac and Matty are definitely on par with Wilsdon as a footballer if not better.

Always hoped Isaac Moller would give it another go at the Eagles, was quite promising early in his career.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby sib » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:51 pm

sib
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times

Postby Al4 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:58 pm

sib wrote:Another new player for Norwood

https://norwoodfc.com.au/news/thomas-gr ... h-norwood/

Didn't see this one coming. Maybe there are some tough salary cap related player decisions being made at CDFC.
Al4

Been liked: 10 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:30 pm

whufc wrote:We definitely need a revamp but would have preferred we added league quality and kept the promising youngster in Dew and Morton.

Morton's heart isn't in it anymore, focus on the future & the new recruits.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Hazydog » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:Should rename this thread the Central District Thread

It pretty well has been since the old bulldog banter forum closed!
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby Hazydog » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:28 pm

Al4 wrote:

Didn't see this one coming. Maybe there are some tough salary cap related player decisions being made at CDFC.

Tom showed glimpses of potential during his time with us but at this point I’d still categorise him as a project player… good luck to him in his next chapter.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:16 pm

Hazydog wrote:

Might have a chat with Cooper Dahms about resurrecting it.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:31 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

Morton's heart isn't in it anymore, focus on the future & the new recruits.

4 Clubs in 4 years.... hope he has now found what he's looking for
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:23 pm

Hazydog wrote:

Great to see that Central supporters keep their interest in the club despite lean seasons. You would expect a drop-off of posts from most teams' supporters when life is tough. Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:12 pm

Hazydog wrote:
Al4 wrote:

Tom showed glimpses of potential during his time with us but at this point I’d still categorise him as a project player… good luck to him in his next chapter.

I am very disappointed to lose Tom; I believe he has the making of a very good player and that Norwood's gain will prove to be our loss. Also disappointed to lose Dylan Morton and Wyatt Patterson. Wyatt's form in the Ressies when he came back from injury was excellent and I would have loved him to continue.
I think we will need to gain a couple more key recruits before we can say our 2022 squad looks better than our 2021 one. We have done well with targeted recruiting so far but there are still gaps.

Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL