Entry to SANFL games

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Entry to SANFL games

Postby Dogs64 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:15 pm

If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Re: Entry to SANFL games

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:49 am

Dogs64 wrote:If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

Don't take your 12 y.o.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby DOC » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:55 am

Dogs64 wrote:If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

Any vax or just Covid?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:56 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

Don't take your 12 y.o.

Going to the sanfl was about spending time with my kids at an event they enjoyed. I won't take my 12 year old, we'll spend the "quality time" elsewhere (and the age demographic of attendees at the sanfl will potentially continue to rise).
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:59 am

DOC wrote:

Any vax or just Covid?

Just Covid, he's fully vaxxed for everything else. I've heard so many leading immunoligists and pedetricians stating immunising children against COVID is not necessary.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:03 am

Dogs64 wrote:
DOC wrote:

Any vax or just Covid?

Just Covid, he's fully vaxxed for everything else. I've heard so many leading immunoligists and pedetricians stating immunising children against COVID is not necessary.

Interesting,
my doctor, Our old club doctor, says it IS necessary, it's another immunisation.
12 year olds can still get it & pass it on.
I'm sure you can leave him with someone for just a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon, don't punish the club, it's not their fault.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:12 am

Dogs64 wrote:
DOC wrote:

Any vax or just Covid?

Every chance it becomes mandatory for schools and other events. Kids from 5+ will be approved for vaccine by New Year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:27 am

Dogs64 wrote:
DOC wrote:

Any vax or just Covid?

Not necessary? Plenty of things in life are not necessary. Probably most. At least you did not say harmful.

So for the sake of a 20 minute trip to the nearest jab site you will prevent him from "Going to the sanfl was about spending time with my kids at an event they enjoyed"?

Pity.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:43 am

"Don't throw the baby out with the bath water"
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:47 am

Dogs64 wrote:
DOC wrote:

Any vax or just Covid?

Good on you, i wouldnt be subjecting any kids to especially with the high rates of myocarcditis in teenage boys. Dont listen to the others mate, the risk is way too high for kids who dont need it. Id go as far to say that are being irresponsible parents by subjecting their kids to a vaccine they dont need. They clearly havent done any research and any doctor saying kids should be vaccinated should lose their license. There is far more negatives than positives in that age group. Dont play roulette with your kids lives
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:58 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
DOC wrote:

Any vax or just Covid?

Good on you, i wouldnt be subjecting any kids to especially with the high rates of myocarcditis in teenage boys. Dont listen to the others mate, the risk is way too high for kids who dont need it. Id go as far to say that are being irresponsible parents by subjecting their kids to a vaccine they dont need. They clearly havent done any research and any doctor saying kids should be vaccinated should lose their license. There is far more negatives than positives in that age group. Dont play roulette with your kids lives

Cue ApacheBulldog now..............
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:08 am

Dogs64 you raise an interesting question
1 if your 12 year old needs it to attend school would you stop him or her going to school
2 is he vaccinated against polio measles ect as you can’t iirc attend school without those shots
3 so you won’t take him or her to the footy or the zoo and other places

I guess you need to work it out but just remember very soon it could be no jab no school
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:16 am

In defence of Dogs64, it's up to him, we can only offer our opinions.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:25 am

There would be mutiny if the government introduced mandatory vaccinations for primary school aged kids
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:29 am

daysofourlives wrote:Good on you, i wouldnt be subjecting any kids to especially with the high rates of myocarcditis in teenage boys. Dont listen to the others mate, the risk is way too high for kids who dont need it. Id go as far to say that are being irresponsible parents by subjecting their kids to a vaccine they dont need. They clearly havent done any research and any doctor saying kids should be vaccinated should lose their license. There is far more negatives than positives in that age group. Dont play roulette with your kids lives

Actually, don't listen to an anonymous poster on a sports forum.

Speak to your GP, seek a second opinion of you need but trust the experts, don't trust someone with no medical back ground who cannot substantiate any of his claims with supporting evidence.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby southee » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:33 am

Agree - won’t be happening
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby RB » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:34 am

daysofourlives wrote:Good on you, i wouldnt be subjecting any kids to especially with the high rates of myocarcditis in teenage boys.

Actually, the government advises that "the benefits of vaccination with Comirnaty (Pfizer) and Spikevax (Moderna) strongly outweigh the risks of myocarditis and/or pericarditis for any age group" and "recommends either vaccine in those eligible" (i.e., age 12+).

https://www.health.gov.au/news/atagi-up ... ember-2021

daysofourlives wrote:any doctor saying kids should be vaccinated should lose their license.

If you're talking about kids aged 12-17 (Dogs64 says his son is 12), then there wouldn't be too many doctors left in Australia if those who advised that kids of that age should be vaccinated lost their licences.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby goddy11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:38 am

gazzamagoo wrote:In defence of Dogs64, it's up to him, we can only offer our opinions.

I'm with Dogs64. I'm in my mid 60's and also double vaxed but to mandate 12 yo to a vax just does not sit well. Risk v reward. What are the stats on kids getting the virus ? Does the Vax work and if yes why shy should I be scared? The SANFL will suffer.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby am Bays » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:43 am

daysofourlives wrote:any doctor saying kids should be vaccinated should lose their license.

Are you say Doctors shouldn't be allowed to drive?

Gee that's going a bit far....

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Good on you, i wouldnt be subjecting any kids to especially with the high rates of myocarcditis in teenage boys. Dont listen to the others mate, the risk is way too high for kids who dont need it. Id go as far to say that are being irresponsible parents by subjecting their kids to a vaccine they dont need. They clearly havent done any research and any doctor saying kids should be vaccinated should lose their license. There is far more negatives than positives in that age group. Dont play roulette with your kids lives

Actually, don't listen to an anonymous poster on a sports forum.

Speak to your GP, seek a second opinion of you need but trust the experts, don't trust someone with no medical back ground who cannot substantiate any of his claims with supporting evidence.

Do you know how much my social and emotional equilibrium is upset when I find myself agreeing with Port supporters??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:47 am

goddy11 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:In defence of Dogs64, it's up to him, we can only offer our opinions.

I'm with Dogs64. I'm in my mid 60's and also double vaxed but to mandate 12 yo to a vax just does not sit well. Risk v reward. What are the stats on kids getting the virus ? Does the Vax work and if yes why shy should I be scared? The SANFL will suffer.

It’s all up in the air I guess with kids but the government whichever one you name state or federal that is bringing in more and more requirements to get vaccinated. Dogs64 should talk to his GP
And yes I’m in my late 50s double vaccinated can’t get the booster yet . My GP advised me to get it with my diabetes. And my GP got the shots before I did.
If anyone is worried about covid I do what was called volunteering for Newstart Centrelink said it was the best for me to do . Now if anyone could catch it that would be handling SA people’s donations so I can earn jobseeker.
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL