R3 North v Centrals

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R3 North v Centrals

Postby StrayDog » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:43 pm

FFS, DP commentators, it's ESS AYE EN EFF EL.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:02 pm

StrayDog wrote:FFS, DP commentators, it's ESS AYE EN EFF EL.

Part of their license to call it would be they have to say San-Full as per the SANFL directive.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby StrayDog » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:11 pm

whufc wrote:
StrayDog wrote:FFS, DP commentators, it's ESS AYE EN EFF EL.

Part of their license to call it would be they have to say San-Full as per the SANFL directive.

Yeah, man, I know it's 'required'. Lowest common denominator marketing bullshite driven by what pass for the game's custodians these days.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Hazydog » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:14 pm

Corona Man wrote:
locky801 wrote:Huge 2nd stanza by the roosters, 15 points up at half time after a 7 goal blitz

Is there a breeze at all Locky, was that qtr wind assisted? Assuming you are at the ground here!

Yep, breeze favouring the northern end. No wind sock to confirm that 100% though..
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Hazydog » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:16 pm

Norths quick hands and numbers around the ball proving a bit too much for the Dogs to handle… should go on to win comfortably from here
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Postby Corona Man » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:36 pm

Adding some percentage now the cocks…
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:39 pm

Yeah nah we are as average as we have been for the last few years.

To make it worse we have probably only played sides that will be fourth and below imo. Glenelg, Sturt and Eagles to be the top 3.
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:15 pm

Fun day, good crowd. Awesome catching up with one of the most fun people I've met from the forum in UK Fan.

How's Jacob Bauer? Only came into our side last week because of a mass covid exodus and has kicked 10 goals in 2 weeks!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bullydog » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:50 pm

being a central fan as a kid in the seventies we had some good and very average times. it was great when we had the decade of dominance but since then we have gone backwards. I don't know exactly what it is, players? coaches? admin? I doubt I will see another flag for at least ten years which would make me 70 when it happens.I hope I'm wrong, but we are back to being a mediocre team and I can only hope Meggsy Edwards weaves a little of the magic he did with North. I have not seen one of the past premiership players back at the games for a long time.no idea where the Gowans boys are these days or any of the other players but the club could do with their Imput. I can't see where we are going atm but looking from my eyes it is nowhere.
bullydog
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:09 pm

bullydog wrote:being a central fan as a kid in the seventies we had some good and very average times. it was great when we had the decade of dominance but since then we have gone backwards. I don't know exactly what it is, players? coaches? admin? I doubt I will see another flag for at least ten years which would make me 70 when it happens.I hope I'm wrong, but we are back to being a mediocre team and I can only hope Meggsy Edwards weaves a little of the magic he did with North. I have not seen one of the past premiership players back at the games for a long time.no idea where the Gowans boys are these days or any of the other players but the club could do with their Imput. I can't see where we are going atm but looking from my eyes it is nowhere.

I think some of the lines have got blurred between younger blokes showing some potential in patches or the odd game here and there and those patches of potential in fact just being that there only good enough to play really well for short periods but ultimately not up to SANFL standard.
whufc
Coach

Postby Hazydog » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:25 pm

whufc wrote:
bullydog wrote:being a central fan as a kid in the seventies we had some good and very average times. it was great when we had the decade of dominance but since then we have gone backwards. I don't know exactly what it is, players? coaches? admin? I doubt I will see another flag for at least ten years which would make me 70 when it happens.I hope I'm wrong, but we are back to being a mediocre team and I can only hope Meggsy Edwards weaves a little of the magic he did with North. I have not seen one of the past premiership players back at the games for a long time.no idea where the Gowans boys are these days or any of the other players but the club could do with their Imput. I can't see where we are going atm but looking from my eyes it is nowhere.

I think some of the lines have got blurred between younger blokes showing some potential in patches or the odd game here and there and those patches of potential in fact just being that there only good enough to play really well for short periods but ultimately not up to SANFL standard.

Probably to be expected given around 15 or the 22 have played less than 30 games.

I’m happy with progress but in reality thats been stalled by 2 years after Roy left due to the less than ideal appointment/removal of the previous coach.

Quite simply we are two years away from finals material IF we can keep most of this group together.

Positives today… the first quarter obviously, some great grabs from Monty, Fraser’s dominance early on setting the tone, Pres and Neagle providing great run from defence, McCormack continuing to impress, 3 gamer Deakin starting to look comfortable at the level already…
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:39 pm

I don’t think our development stalled from Andrew’s being there. His results were ok given where we were at the time and I believe the club agreed with that.

It was off field issues why he isn’t there not how the team was performing.

What frustrates me the most is we still don’t have any ‘footy indentity’. There is no obvious game plan or flow that we are trying to adopt, or if there is the players simply don’t understand or good enough to deliver it.

At times we still look like boys against men. No surprise it was the big bodied Aaron Young who dominated with 37 possies and 11 clearances. We simply don’t have a player of that quality and size in the midfield.
whufc
Coach

Postby Hazydog » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:33 am

I take your point but the Andrews fiasco cost us the Menzels. Stick those two into the current team and were looking a lot better…
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Postby bullydog » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:33 pm

what exactly did happen with Andrew? I might be missing something but it's very hard to get facts from the club.
bullydog
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:12 pm

bullydog wrote:what exactly did happen with Andrew? I might be missing something but it's very hard to get facts from the club.

Billion and one different rumours all revolving around different off field reasons

The fact the club have never clarified in one shape or another is piss poor.
whufc
Coach

Postby robranisgod » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:40 am

I don't want to get ahead of things but I do now see North as a finalist and maybe a top 3 side. A lot depends on Injuries, Covid and the dreaded mid season draft. North have been very good against the Eagles, thrashed Central after quarter time and lost to the strongest Adelaide SANFL side that has probably ever been fielded whilst North was suffering from numerous injuries and COVID restrictions. North has a midfield possibly the equal of any in the league when you add Andrew Moore to Aaron Young, Campbell and WIll Combe and Wigg. I think that a genuine ruckman and another key defender are the two missing ingredients that preclude North from being a premiership contender. Mitch Harvey does a good job in ruck, but I would much prefer him to be the second ruckman whilst also playing up forward, a role he played so successfully in 2018.
Jacob Bauer looks so good that already after two games there are whispers that he is being looked at in the midseason draft. I wonder why he didn't play league the first week against the Eagles. Given the opportunities that we had up forward that day, he may have kicked another bag.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Pseudo » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:35 am

robranisgod wrote:I don't want to get ahead of things but I do now see North as a finalist and maybe a top 3 side. A lot depends on Injuries, Covid and the dreaded mid season draft. North have been very good against the Eagles, thrashed Central after quarter time and lost to the strongest Adelaide SANFL side that has probably ever been fielded whilst North was suffering from numerous injuries and COVID restrictions. North has a midfield possibly the equal of any in the league when you add Andrew Moore to Aaron Young, Campbell and WIll Combe and Wigg. I think that a genuine ruckman and another key defender are the two missing ingredients that preclude North from being a premiership contender. Mitch Harvey does a good job in ruck, but I would much prefer him to be the second ruckman whilst also playing up forward, a role he played so successfully in 2018.
Jacob Bauer looks so good that already after two games there are whispers that he is being looked at in the midseason draft. I wonder why he didn't play league the first week against the Eagles. Given the opportunities that we had up forward that day, he may have kicked another bag.

Clear premiership material.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:51 am

You blokes will deflect anywhere , anytime.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby robranisgod » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:14 am

Pseudo wrote:
robranisgod wrote:I don't want to get ahead of things but I do now see North as a finalist and maybe a top 3 side. A lot depends on Injuries, Covid and the dreaded mid season draft. North have been very good against the Eagles, thrashed Central after quarter time and lost to the strongest Adelaide SANFL side that has probably ever been fielded whilst North was suffering from numerous injuries and COVID restrictions. North has a midfield possibly the equal of any in the league when you add Andrew Moore to Aaron Young, Campbell and WIll Combe and Wigg. I think that a genuine ruckman and another key defender are the two missing ingredients that preclude North from being a premiership contender. Mitch Harvey does a good job in ruck, but I would much prefer him to be the second ruckman whilst also playing up forward, a role he played so successfully in 2018.

Clear premiership material.

Can you not read.
As I said North are a key defender and another ruckman away from being a premiership contender. I don't think that they have enough good defenders to cope with McBean, Hosie, Reynolds and company from the Bay. Fahey-Sparks, Davis and the little men, Penfold and Hone cause problems against Sturt and the Menzels against the Eagles. It would have been handy for Tanner Smith not to have quit at Christmas.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby northerner » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:54 am

Got smashed in clearances where we missed J Schiller who had 12 last week. Grants impending return will also assist in this area. A couple of our midfield recruits are struggling to get the first touch in stoppages. Montgomerie took some great grabs and Buechner is looking better at each outing. McCormack is a jet around the ground with his highlight being his 80m chase down in the first term.
North much more able to cover their inside loss of Moore with Wigg and Young doing as they wish. Bauer is a bonus pickup with great hands and kick.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL