R7 Glenelg v South

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby am Bays » Sun May 22, 2022 9:20 pm

Can’t argue with that. We didn’t perform like we wanted to as I mentioned on here that day. Never hidden from it.

But Imagine losing to that side in the finals with the best young kid in the country.

58 years
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16986
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby Spargo » Sun May 22, 2022 9:24 pm

DOC wrote:Harsh but true.

I guess they don't hand out premierships for choking otherwise you would be the reigning premier.

Not sure what relevance that has to this thread, but play on…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14208
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4530 times
Been liked: 4433 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 23, 2022 8:58 am

Spargo wrote:
DOC wrote:Harsh but true.

I guess they don't hand out premierships for choking otherwise you would be the reigning premier.

Not sure what relevance that has to this thread, but play on…

About as relevent as the post he was replying to only a lot more accurate.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48561
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1595 times
Been liked: 3417 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby Booney » Mon May 23, 2022 9:06 am

Spargo wrote:
DOC wrote:Harsh but true.

I guess they don't hand out premierships for choking otherwise you would be the reigning premier.

Not sure what relevance that has to this thread, but play on…


He was under fire, he responded in kind. Play on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 53969
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6375 times
Been liked: 9450 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby am Bays » Mon May 23, 2022 9:26 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:
DOC wrote:Harsh but true.

I guess they don't hand out premierships for choking otherwise you would be the reigning premier.

Not sure what relevance that has to this thread, but play on…


He was under fire, he responded in kind. Play on.


Exactly, all good

It was a choice between bagging South for being one way runners or Eagles fans for not posting after a loss.

I was going to have a crack at Centrals for losing to Norwood but the Dogs fans do a good enough job themselves

I went option "A"!!

Also, I know based on my clubs history I may have only one or two more years before the boot is well and truly on the other foot so I'm getting the cheap shots in while I can!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16986
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby Booney » Mon May 23, 2022 9:47 am

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:
DOC wrote:Harsh but true.

I guess they don't hand out premierships for choking otherwise you would be the reigning premier.

Not sure what relevance that has to this thread, but play on…


He was under fire, he responded in kind. Play on.


Exactly, all good

It was a choice between bagging South for being one way runners or Eagles fans for not posting after a loss.

I was going to have a crack at Centrals for losing to Norwood but the Dogs fans do a good enough job themselves

I went option "A"!!

Also, I know based on my clubs history I may have only one or two more years before the boot is well and truly on the other foot so I'm getting the cheap shots in while I can!!


A "Salisbury".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 53969
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6375 times
Been liked: 9450 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon May 23, 2022 9:49 am

Or a Sims,
or a Granger,
or Stringers etc etc
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby am Bays » Mon May 23, 2022 9:59 am

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:
He was under fire, he responded in kind. Play on.


Exactly, all good

It was a choice between bagging South for being one way runners or Eagles fans for not posting after a loss.

I was going to have a crack at Centrals for losing to Norwood but the Dogs fans do a good enough job themselves

I went option "A"!!

Also, I know based on my clubs history I may have only one or two more years before the boot is well and truly on the other foot so I'm getting the cheap shots in while I can!!


A "Salisbury".


Glass houses Mr Boon, Glass houses....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16986
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby Pseudo » Mon May 23, 2022 11:02 am

am Bays wrote:Can’t argue with that. We didn’t perform like we wanted to as I mentioned on here that day. Never hidden from it.

But Imagine losing to that side in the finals with the best young kid in the country.

58 years

The best young kid and Joel Cross....

Image
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11257
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1349 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby DOC » Mon May 23, 2022 11:44 am

That's no way to talk about the SACA manager of Premier Cricket.


I must confess that photo you posted took me a while but it did bring a wry smile.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14655
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 1584 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby PanthersFan » Mon May 23, 2022 8:20 pm

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:
DOC wrote:Harsh but true.

I guess they don't hand out premierships for choking otherwise you would be the reigning premier.

Not sure what relevance that has to this thread, but play on…


He was under fire, he responded in kind. Play on.


Exactly, all good

It was a choice between bagging South for being one way runners or Eagles fans for not posting after a loss.

I was going to have a crack at Centrals for losing to Norwood but the Dogs fans do a good enough job themselves

I went option "A"!!

Also, I know based on my clubs history I may have only one or two more years before the boot is well and truly on the other foot so I'm getting the cheap shots in while I can!!

Why do you have to come on here with the intent to attack others?
PanthersFan
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby am Bays » Tue May 24, 2022 7:12 am

PanthersFan wrote:Why do you have to come on here with the intent to attack others?

:lol: :lol:

Toughen up princess did a comment on a chat room/internet forum upset you.

No different to the banter that occurs in crowds back in the day and now but unfortunately not to the same extent as given the propensity of people to "be offended"

Maybe you should just let the adults talk. Or be better, like Doc and others on here, who see a comment and return serve with an appropriate retort.

AS I said I know I'm going to log on here this year after a poor performance by my lot to see a sledge/banter/retort aimed at me and that's what's expected when you "play with matches"
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16986
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby PanthersFan » Tue May 24, 2022 8:27 am

am Bays wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:Why do you have to come on here with the intent to attack others?

:lol: :lol:

Toughen up princess did a comment on a chat room/internet forum upset you.

No different to the banter that occurs in crowds back in the day and now but unfortunately not to the same extent as given the propensity of people to "be offended"

Maybe you should just let the adults talk. Or be better, like Doc and others on here, who see a comment and return serve with an appropriate retort.

AS I said I know I'm going to log on here this year after a poor performance by my lot to see a sledge/banter/retort aimed at me and that's what's expected when you "play with matches"

The adults come here to discuss football and don’t feel the need to validate themselves with troll like behaviour. Banter at a game is an instant reaction. You have time to think about your comments and yet still feel the need to act like a school yard bully. Perhaps you should let the real adults talk.
PanthersFan
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby am Bays » Tue May 24, 2022 9:27 am

You want to talk footy?

I’ll gladly wait for your explanation on why from half way through the third quarter we could score seven of the last eight goals and at the same time almost have 50% more tackles than you blokes (when I got onto SANFL now it was 47-52 your way but ended up 60 all) despite having more of the footy.

My comment on South stands.

Don’t bring up up injuries and inexperience because pressure isn’t a skill it’s a want.

And like I’ve posted on here on average once a fortnight since October last year, our inability to match the Eagles in that department last year in the GF cost us.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16986
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby PanthersFan » Tue May 24, 2022 9:54 am

am Bays wrote:You want to talk footy?

I’ll gladly wait for your explanation on why from half way through the third quarter we could score seven of the last eight goals and at the same time almost have 50% more tackles than you blokes (when I got onto SANFL now it was 47-52 your way but ended up 60 all) despite having more of the footy.

My comment on South stands.

Don’t bring up up injuries and inexperience because pressure isn’t a skill it’s a want.

And like I’ve posted on here on average once a fortnight since October last year, our inability to match the Eagles in that department last year in the GF cost us.

Glenelg clearly played better in the last quarter when it was there to be won. Full credit to them. But I will argue that yes, experience does play a factor in that. South are not up to standard at the moment and injuries are a part of that. But in my opinion South have been under performing all season and Jarrad Wright needs to get things turned around quickly otherwise he doesn’t deserve to be coach next season.
Glenelg won a game they were expected to win and I honestly thank you for your break down of the last quarter and even having stats to back it up. That’s some real football talk I can enjoy.
PanthersFan
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 24, 2022 1:37 pm

I see they've put a time frame of 3 months on Gibbs. Youch.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48561
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1595 times
Been liked: 3417 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby DOC » Tue May 24, 2022 3:33 pm

I would say that's BS.

Season over.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14655
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 1584 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby mal » Wed May 25, 2022 10:43 am

I might be stating the obvious
South are missing Cross
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23764
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 669 times
Been liked: 506 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby DOC » Wed May 25, 2022 10:53 am

and Horne and Skinner and Roberts and McCreery and Fitt and Wilkinson and Baily and Cailotto and Brownless and Rose and Draper and Overall and Schwarz and Cook and Daniel and Kreuger and Sparrow and Costanza
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14655
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 1584 times

Re: R7 Glenelg v South

Postby MatteeG » Wed May 25, 2022 2:41 pm

DOC wrote:and Horne and Skinner and Roberts and McCreery and Fitt and Wilkinson and Baily and Cailotto and Brownless and Rose and Draper and Overall and Schwarz and Cook and Daniel and Kreuger and Sparrow and Costanza



Image
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
User avatar
MatteeG
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4777
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:36 pm
Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 442 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DOC and 16 guests