R8 Central v Glenelg

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby am Bays » Sat May 28, 2022 5:32 pm

Now he gives centrals a gift! :roll:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17152
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 1452 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby UK Fan » Sat May 28, 2022 5:44 pm

Dogs 3.7(25)
Bays 8.9(57)

32 points

Full time

Best for dogs: Carpenter Montgomery Beuchner Ollson Schiller’s

Goals: Grace 2 Ollson

Carpenter for the dogs looked good. Richard has a crack just needs to find some discipline.

A young team (8 players with less than 10 games experience) that had a crack but bays to strong.

Umpiring was shit but didn’t cost us the game lbh.
Last edited by UK Fan on Sat May 28, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.


Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.


THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5087
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 403 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby matt35 » Sat May 28, 2022 5:48 pm

Certainly not a game that rose to great heights, but will take a 32 point win any day. Centrals didn't stop having a crack at any stage. Bailey given best on the SANFL app.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: Darwin
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 50 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby Spargo » Sat May 28, 2022 5:50 pm

Fraser Fort :lol:
Can’t recall anything like it. Worried about a bit of harmless non abusive banter over the fence.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14327
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4600 times
Been liked: 4471 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby am Bays » Sat May 28, 2022 5:56 pm

Were you by the Elizabeth Race chanting “Knick Knack paddy whack, Central Districts **** off home”??

Can’t remember home many time I heard the toothless inteligencia of Elizabeth vale say that as we trudged down the race after having our “arses handed to us” at the Ponderossa in the 90s, 00s and 10s…
Last edited by am Bays on Sat May 28, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17152
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 1452 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby southernbulldog » Sat May 28, 2022 6:13 pm

We were never going to win but once we saw the bald headed cheat umpiring we were done .Cant remember the last time there was so much water on the ground absolute deluge before the start of the game.Once again we had a crack but we simply dont have the players.
southernbulldog
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:30 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby Hazydog » Sat May 28, 2022 7:36 pm

Spargo wrote:Fraser Fort :lol:
Can’t recall anything like it. Worried about a bit of harmless non abusive banter over the fence.


A pity the umps didn't have the same outlook as you.. at least 3 25s for what I have to assume was dissent. At least one resulted in a goal… the SANFL really don’t seem to know what they stand for do they? Happy to go against the grain with the last possie out of bounds rule.. but happy to kowtow to the AFL with this over the top dissent rubbish. And as for that bald headed twat.. he needs to work out why he is so biased against us.. or at the very least someone (in authority) should point it out.
Bays far too good .. as mentioned by others.. no issue with effort we are putting in.. we just dont have the cattle, particularly when yet again we find ourselves with 6-8 first framers sidelined..
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
User avatar
Hazydog
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Paralowie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 125 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby DOC » Sat May 28, 2022 8:32 pm

am Bays wrote:Were you by the Elizabeth Race chanting “Knick Knack paddy whack, Central Districts **** off home”??

Can’t remember home many time I heard the toothless inteligencia of Elizabeth vale say that as we trudged down the race after having our “arses handed to us” at the Ponderossa in the 90s, 00s and 10s…


So you're suggesting that Spargo would tell a home team to **** off home?
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14863
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 1607 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby am Bays » Sat May 28, 2022 8:46 pm

DOC wrote:
am Bays wrote:Were you by the Elizabeth Race chanting “Knick Knack paddy whack, Central Districts **** off home”??

Can’t remember home many time I heard the toothless inteligencia of Elizabeth vale say that as we trudged down the race after having our “arses handed to us” at the Ponderossa in the 90s, 00s and 10s…


So you're suggesting that Spargo would tell a home team to **** off home?

Are you suggesting Fraser and his mates sleep in the grandstand?

Weird….
Last edited by am Bays on Sat May 28, 2022 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17152
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 1452 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby northerner » Sat May 28, 2022 8:55 pm

The bald headed guy definitely gave the Bays an armchair ride.
But that wasn't the reason we lost.
Carpenter was good but our best today was Dudley who was surely playing with a dry ball today. Outstanding.
Gets the bonus of an extra ressies game next week (league have a bye) before he joins the league the week after.
northerner
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 279 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby gazzamagoo » Sat May 28, 2022 9:35 pm

northerner wrote:The bald headed guy definitely gave the Bays an armchair ride.
But that wasn't the reason we lost.
Carpenter was good but our best today was Dudley who was surely playing with a dry ball today. Outstanding.
Gets the bonus of an extra ressies game next week (league have a bye) before he joins the league the week after.


Hopefully we'll get McCormack & Hoskin back & Nietschke for his first game, they should make a big difference.
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1139 times
Been liked: 434 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby bulldogproud » Sat May 28, 2022 10:38 pm

Spargo wrote:Fraser Fort :lol:
Can’t recall anything like it. Worried about a bit of harmless non abusive banter over the fence.


I can certainly understand Fraser's frustration today. He was continually illegally manhandled by Durdin. Anyone else would have been pinged at least three or four times for what Durdin did, but being the lovechild of the umpires, Durdin got away with it every time, including not being pinged for an obvious 25 metre after Fraser took a contested mark; a penalty that would have resulted in a shot for goal from the square.
That being said, Glenelg certainly deserved the comfortable win. i was pleased with the effort our boys put in though.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 269 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby another grub » Sat May 28, 2022 10:43 pm

what did Fraser do?
User avatar
another grub
Coach
 
Posts: 9228
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:02 am
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 171 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sat May 28, 2022 11:33 pm

Grapes are sour tonight.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4303
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 976 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby am Bays » Sat May 28, 2022 11:43 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
Spargo wrote:Fraser Fort :lol:
Can’t recall anything like it. Worried about a bit of harmless non abusive banter over the fence.


I can certainly understand Fraser's frustration today. He was continually illegally manhandled by Durdin. Anyone else would have been pinged at least three or four times for what Durdin did, but being the lovechild of the umpires, Durdin got away with it every time, including not being pinged for an obvious 25 metre after Fraser took a contested mark; a penalty that would have resulted in a shot for goal from the square.
That being said, Glenelg certainly deserved the comfortable win. i was pleased with the effort our boys put in though.

Welcome to Liam McBean’s world week in week out.

Durdin was just mirroring Montgomerie tactics on McBean…
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17152
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 1452 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby Pseudo » Sun May 29, 2022 9:32 am

am Bays wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
Spargo wrote:Fraser Fort :lol:
Can’t recall anything like it. Worried about a bit of harmless non abusive banter over the fence.


I can certainly understand Fraser's frustration today. He was continually illegally manhandled by Durdin. Anyone else would have been pinged at least three or four times for what Durdin did, but being the lovechild of the umpires, Durdin got away with it every time, including not being pinged for an obvious 25 metre after Fraser took a contested mark; a penalty that would have resulted in a shot for goal from the square.
That being said, Glenelg certainly deserved the comfortable win. i was pleased with the effort our boys put in though.

Welcome to Liam McBean’s world week in week out.

Durdin was just mirroring Montgomerie tactics on McBean…

My thought exactly.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11314
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1381 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby Mic » Sun May 29, 2022 10:18 am

Spargo wrote:Fraser Fort :lol:
Can’t recall anything like it. Worried about a bit of harmless non abusive banter over the fence.


Should have seen Matty Wright at Prospect a few weeks ago against North. Walked towards a (harmless) group of footy-trip blokes and started carrying at the them (they just laughed in response). Was as baffling as him having an AFL career.
User avatar
Mic
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:17 pm
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby northerner » Sun May 29, 2022 10:24 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
northerner wrote:The bald headed guy definitely gave the Bays an armchair ride.
But that wasn't the reason we lost.
Carpenter was good but our best today was Dudley who was surely playing with a dry ball today. Outstanding.
Gets the bonus of an extra ressies game next week (league have a bye) before he joins the league the week after.


Hopefully we'll get McCormack & Hoskin back & Nietschke for his first game, they should make a big difference.

Add shay Linke and there's 4 of our top tier players. Given their lengthy absences it mght be a strong ressies side.
northerner
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 279 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby Dogs64 » Sun May 29, 2022 11:18 am

Just watched the report of Reeves at the 13:20 minute mark of the second quarter, by the bald cheat. Glenelg player wasn't even expecting the free, no remonstration by anyone. Just shock by the player getting reported. Commentators didn't know what for. Surely, he shouldn't be umpiring at league level again, the club should definitely ensure he doesn't umpire our games.
Dogs64
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am
Has liked: 235 times
Been liked: 143 times

Re: R8 Central v Glenelg

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun May 29, 2022 11:35 am

Dogs64 wrote:Just watched the report of Reeves at the 13:20 minute mark of the second quarter, by the bald cheat. Glenelg player wasn't even expecting the free, no remonstration by anyone. Just shock by the player getting reported. Commentators didn't know what for. Surely, he shouldn't be umpiring at league level again, the club should definitely ensure he doesn't umpire our games.


Pretty sure it was for a deliberate trip.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4303
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 976 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests