R13 Port v North

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R13 Port v North

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:40 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
stan wrote:
another grub wrote:Very un-Port like to see that yesterday. Mickey mouse stuff playing players out of position.

Im surprised there hasnt been more of an uproar from the faithful. Where are you?

He needs to go. Unacceptable

That in NOT the magpies way :Hangman: :Hangman:
Because that club is dead.

EFA

Not your club, you don't get to decide.

You can throw shots but it counts for f*ck all.

Just stating the facts mate, doesnt worry me.
Quite the opposite since both my teams enjoy setting records against the new entity. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby robranisgod » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:North still trying to atone for the 89 GF :)

Did that about 5 goals ago, good to know Port will never atone for the 1905 GF though not Norwood for 1952. ;)
Come on North, win by 119. Currently 112 with 24 mins left.

I couldn't believe it when the commentator on the digital pass said that Port's previous lowest score ever score against North was 3 goals 8 behinds. Everyone knows that they only scored 1 goal 6 behinds in the 1905 Grand Final, even if there is no one now alive who saw it. I was surprised to find in Round 1 of 1900 Port only scored 1 goal 1 behind also against North.
Other than that monumental blunder, I thought that the Digital Pass commentary was excellent. I had never heard of Tim Saul until this year, but he is a very competent commentator and Grant Coffee has always been a fine special comments man. Despite being a Centrals player he seems to have a very soft spot for North.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:57 am

robranisgod wrote:Other than that monumental blunder, I thought that the Digital Pass commentary was excellent. I had never heard of Tim Saul until this year, but he is a very competent commentator and Grant Coffee has always been a fine special comments man. Despite being a Centrals player he seems to have a very soft spot for North.

Tim is a talented, excited broadcaster who has quickly found his feet and settled into the SANFL Now team nicely.

Grant would have a soft spot for the Roosters as his son played some underage and a handful of Reserves games at Prospect.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby DOC » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:12 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Did that about 5 goals ago, good to know Port will never atone for the 1905 GF though not Norwood for 1952. ;)

I couldn't believe it when the commentator on the digital pass said that Port's previous lowest score ever score against North was 3 goals 8 behinds. Everyone knows that they only scored 1 goal 6 behinds in the 1905 Grand Final, even if there is no one now alive who saw it. I was surprised to find in Round 1 of 1900 Port only scored 1 goal 1 behind also against North.

Other than that monumental blunder, I thought that the Digital Pass commentary was excellent. I had never heard of Tim Saul until this year, but he is a very competent commentator and Grant Coffee has always been a fine special comments man. Despite being a Centrals player he seems to have a very soft spot for North.

I'm guessing that is because the SANFL stats guide lists all stat records from 1907.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby robranisgod » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:44 pm

DOC wrote:
robranisgod wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I'm guessing that is because the SANFL stats guide lists all stat records from 1907.

If that is the case that is ludicrous. I have checked this morning with a number of football historians and they all agree that 1907 should never be used as a reference point. The only argument is whether 1877 or 1897 should be used for statistical purposes. Most of the authorities are either Norwood or South supporters so 1877 gets majority support.

It was proven conclusively back in the 1970s by Dr. Bernard Whimpress amongst others that it was a nonsense using 1907, and it was never seen as an important date again until recent times.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby mal » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:27 pm

Has to be 1877 when the SANFL started
Norwood gave the other teams a chance to win a premiership by not starting until 1878
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL