Where will the other 9 finish?

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Where will the other 9 finish?

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:23 pm

Spargo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:How can anyone actually predict where Port & Adelaide will finish? As history has shown it is totally reliant on how many injuries they have, not form.

Injuries affect the other 8 true SANFL clubs too, not to mention the mid season draft which has shown it can derail a club’s season.

True - but they don't have a team above them that demands resources via injury replacements, mandated restricted game time, held over emergencies, early surgeries and travelling support. And when they need to fill holes they sometimes need to rely on players who aren't even SANFL Reserves standard.

Throw in the fact that both teams don't have winning as their #1 priority and there is way too much to consider on where they will finish.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby whybother » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:04 pm

Who cares, as long as they aren't in the five.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:How can anyone actually predict where Port & Adelaide will finish? As history has shown it is totally reliant on how many injuries they have, not form.

Injuries affect the other 8 true SANFL clubs too, not to mention the mid season draft which has shown it can derail a club’s season.

True - but they don't have a team above them that demands resources via injury replacements, mandated restricted game time, held over emergencies, early surgeries and travelling support. And when they need to fill holes they sometimes need to rely on players who aren't even SANFL Reserves standard.

Throw in the fact that both teams don't have winning as their #1 priority and there is way too much to consider on where they will finish.

It may rain at Elizabeth in Round 14 but not at Noarlunga. It could be windy at Glenelg in round 6 but calm at The Parade. Port may have 22 professional footballers available in Round 3 but 4 of the North team may have had to work Saturday morning.

Just have a crack.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby DOC » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:34 am

Looking back, the consensus of opinion has Glenelg, Norwood, North and Adelaide as the top 4.

Sturt, Eagles and South get the votes for the battle for the last finals spot.

West, Centrals and Port getting the nod for the bottom 3.
DOC
Coach

Postby mots02 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:38 pm

DOC wrote:Looking back, the consensus of opinion has Glenelg, Norwood, North and Adelaide as the top 4.

Sturt, Eagles and South get the votes for the battle for the last finals spot.

West, Centrals and Port getting the nod for the bottom 3.

Suits me \:D/
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:55 pm

Yep. You know how accurate we are.

I suspect when the betting comes out Glenelg will be $2 or less for the flag. Anything over that would be good value.
DOC
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:06 pm

DOC wrote:Yep. You know how accurate we are.

I suspect when the betting comes out Glenelg will be $2 or less for the flag. Anything over that would be good value.

Natch.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:32 pm

Spargo wrote:

Natch.

The t shirts got delivered today, I will drop yours around later Spargo.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:41 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Natch.

I’ve had a very good off season, pls adjust t shirt size accordingly…

Spargo
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:53 pm

Spargo wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Natch.

I’ve had a very good off season, pls adjust t shirt size accordingly…

Good news for Doggies fans, they're finishing third!!

bulldogproud wrote:
Glenelg are likely to still finish two spots above us; there is a big chance we will finish ninth. As such, I would be happy to wager that Glenelg won't finish three spots higher than us. Cheers
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:00 pm

Interesting. You seem soooo confident that Glenelg will win the premiership this year. Yet when push came to shove, neither you, Spargo or Stampy were prepared to take up that wager that Glenelg would finish at least three spots higher than Central. I wonder why.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:07 pm

Are centrals having two sides with their 119 recruits?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1415 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 pm

bulldogproud wrote:Interesting. You seem soooo confident that Glenelg will win the premiership this year. Yet when push came to shove, neither you, Spargo or Stampy were prepared to take up that wager that Glenelg would finish at least three spots higher than Central. I wonder why.

Mate, you’ve missed the point quite a few times now. Most Bays supporters on here are pretty self deprecating, if you can show me where we’ve been soooo confident on winning the flag, please do. I’m quite willing to have a wager that Glenelg finish at least 3 spots higher than Centrals at the end of the minor round with you, carton of beer on it?

Spargo
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:28 am

Spargo wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Interesting. You seem soooo confident that Glenelg will win the premiership this year. Yet when push came to shove, neither you, Spargo or Stampy were prepared to take up that wager that Glenelg would finish at least three spots higher than Central. I wonder why.

Mate, you’ve missed the point quite a few times now. Most Bays supporters on here are pretty self deprecating, if you can show me where we’ve been soooo confident on winning the flag, please do. I’m quite willing to have a wager that Glenelg finish at least 3 spots higher than Centrals at the end of the minor round with you, carton of beer on it?

It's all the training the rest of us have put in over the years.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:56 am

Spargo wrote:

Dear Spargo, maybe most are a bit self-deprecating; I can understand that given the limited success that you boys have experienced. You really should have won both of the last two premierships; your list is superior to that of every other club. I have a lot of empathy for Glenelg. Members of my family pour in over $10 000 per year to the club and I became a good friend of Darren Reeves during his time at the might West Torrens Cricket Club. Your historical lack of success is also very similar to that of my own club (save one incredible decade).

It was the comment by 'ambays' that resulted in my comment - stating that Central will finish third because I had tipped them to finish two spots below Glenelg. That obviously means he is confident of Glenelg winning the premiership.

As for the wager, it was either Stampy or yourself who wanted to make one along the lines of Glenelg finishing higher than Central. I had never said they wouldn't, just that Glenelg would finish seventh. I anticipate us being more competitive but still finishing eighth or ninth. As such, as I offered a few weeks ago but was never taken up on, I am happy to take a wager that Glenelg will finish no higher than two spots above Central. I don't drink alcohol but believe I have a better wager reward to offer: if Glenelg finish three or more spots above Central this year, I will purchase a Glenelg membership for 2024. Are you happy, if Glenelg don't finish at least three spots higher than Central, to purchase a 2024 Central membership? That way, at least one club will come out in front from the wager.
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:14 am

bulldogproud wrote:It was the comment by 'ambays' that resulted in my comment - stating that Central will finish third because I had tipped them to finish two spots below Glenelg. That obviously means he is confident of Glenelg winning the premiership.

BWA HA HA AH AH HA

if you think my comment is a statement that were going to win the flag as opposed to a p!ss-take on the commentary by others there we're at at Cunningham's Warehouse odds for the flag, well this is going to be a fun season.

You never fail to disappoint!!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:17 pm

am Bays wrote:

bulldogproud wrote:It was the comment by 'ambays' that resulted in my comment - stating that Central will finish third because I had tipped them to finish two spots below Glenelg. That obviously means he is confident of Glenelg winning the premiership.

BWA HA HA AH AH HA

if you think my comment is a statement that were going to win the flag as opposed to a p!ss-take on the commentary by others there we're at at Cunningham's Warehouse odds for the flag, well this is going to be a fun season.

Okay, will admit to being reeled in by your comment, you fooled me. Irregardless of the odds being offered (which really should be totally irrelevant to your judgement), where do you honestly believe Glenelg will finish. Most outside the club predict top two, what is the thinking of those like you on the inside?
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:32 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
am Bays wrote:

BWA HA HA AH AH HA

Okay, will admit to being reeled in by your comment, you fooled me. Irregardless of the odds being offered (which really should be totally irrelevant to your judgement), where do you honestly believe Glenelg will finish. Most outside the club predict top two, what is the thinking of those like you on the inside?

The odds as you say are irrelevant as they are from a poster on here having a bit fun at us bays supporters saying were certainties for the flag. Good on Doc as it is all light hearted banter on here from my perspective. You give out and you take it.

Okay being realistic and based on reports from those on the inside on the new coach I'm going to be disappointed if were not top three. And given I now have an exam on Sept 24, Murphy's law for me dictates we'll be in big dance as I will be unable to attend the GF.
am Bays
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:40 pm

On a Sunday? Far out that is bad timing.

Glenelg certainties now.
DOC
Coach

Postby topshelf » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:54 pm

Does anyone know of any betting agencies that you can place a bets on SANFL games and winning the premiership?
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL