Round 3 Norwood v West

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 3 Norwood v West

Postby MannyK » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:40 am

Locky wrote:Sorry bit off topic and I may have missed this somewhere else, does anyone know what happened to the Redlegs Talk forum?

Closed down unfortunately. The guy running it had enough from what I understand.

There is the Facebook site which I dont think much of and apart from this site there is BigFooty which has very good write ups of the games.
MannyK

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Blacky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:51 am

MannyK wrote:
Locky wrote:Sorry bit off topic and I may have missed this somewhere else, does anyone know what happened to the Redlegs Talk forum?

Closed down unfortunately. The guy running it had enough from what I understand.

There is the Facebook site which I dont think much of and apart from this site there is BigFooty which has very good write ups of the games.

how many club forums are left now
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby stampy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:34 am

Blacky wrote:
MannyK wrote:

snouts are still going strong
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:23 pm

MannyK wrote:

Sad, I can't even remember the name of the Norwood supporter I handed it over to at the clubs request. Was a long time ago now!

I know with the Roost there was only 3 or 4 regulars left in it as Facebook had taken over with most regulars as its so much more convenient. I know the Roosts old school software was hammering Diss's server and impacting on this site when when I made the final decision to turn it off.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2052 times
Been liked: 3899 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Pseudo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:32 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MannyK wrote:

Sad, I can't even remember the name of the Norwood supporter I handed it over to at the clubs request. Was a long time ago now!

I know with the Roost there was only 3 or 4 regulars left in it as Facebook had taken over with most regulars as its so much more convenient. I know the Roosts old school software was hammering Diss's server and impacting on this site when when I made the final decision to turn it off.

The apocalypse is nigh...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1562 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Blacky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:44 pm

so i would say snouts and westies the only 2 left
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Spargo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:43 pm

stampy wrote:
Blacky wrote:
MannyK wrote:

snouts are still going strong

Sure are, also enough funds to sponsor both a senior women’s & men’s player each year.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5495 times
Been liked: 5136 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby another grub » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:36 pm

hopefully the westies player pulls thru after last nights incident , flown out
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 426 times

Postby blood bath » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:05 pm

From WAFC

“The West Adelaide Football Club is devastated to announce that current player, Sam May, has sustained life-altering injuries in an off-field accident in Port Lincoln over the weekend. The club is supporting Sam and his family during this very difficult period.

A powerful, strong player around the contest, Sam made his debut with West Adelaide on Sunday July 21st, 2019 and his presence on the field has always been immediate.

He has played 35 League games across 5 seasons with the club and has always been an integral part of our community – both on and off-field. We know that all within our community will continue to support Sam and his family during this time.

Whilst we understand that many members will be eager to assist or know more, out of respect for Sam and his family, no further information will be made public.”

President - Emma Grigson

The family have requested that the following message be shared amongst the West Adelaide Football community.

"We are truly grateful for the incredible care our beautiful boy received in Port Lincoln, being transferred to Adelaide and now in the RAH. He has been blessed to be surrounded by such caring, clever people. Our special thanks also to club doctor Megan Deakin, who was one of the first responders in assisting Sam. We are forever grateful that his loyal Westies family and the beautiful Heard family were by his side.

Sammy is the light of our lives and we absolutely love and adore him as does everyone who is lucky enough to meet him. As awful and as difficult it is, we just need to wait now.

Your love, strength and prayers for our Sammy are appreciated beyond measure. We have always been so incredibly proud of Sammy, for all that he has achieved and the fabulous young man he is; he's always been such an inspiration.

We all know he has the heart of a lion and an amazingly brave spirit. He will be doing everything he can to get back to his best.

Sincere thanks and much love".
Sue, Daz, Tom and Sam
blood bath
Under 16s

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby wenchbarwer » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:09 pm

Jesus, what happened?

I've known of this kid for a while now, that's horrible news...
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby another grub » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:28 pm

another grub
Coach

Postby another grub » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:33 pm

Night out with the lads. We have all done stuff like this when on the swill. Best wishes son...........

A West Adelaide footballer is in a serious condition in Royal Adelaide Hospital after an incident at a Port Lincoln Hotel on Sunday morning.

Bloods league player Sam May, 24, sustained “life-altering injuries” following the team’s SANFL game against Norwood at Centenary Oval in what the club has described as an “off-field accident’’.

“The West Adelaide Football Club can confirm that senior men’s player Sam May was involved in an incident in the early hours at Port Lincoln on Sunday morning,’’ Bloods chief executive Conny Wilson said.

“Our priority is the health and well being of Sam and his family as well as the wider West Adelaide community.
Last edited by another grub on Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
another grub
Coach

Postby another grub » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm

“The club requests that the family and everyone involved is given space and privacy as we work through this difficult situation.’’

May was in Port Lincoln with the West squad for the Round 3 SANFL game against Norwood on Saturday afternoon.

The Bloods lost the game by 13 points, 5.7 (37) to the Redlegs’ 6.14 (50).

It is understood the incident occurred at Port Lincoln’s Pier Hotel and that no other person was involved.

The 182cm May, a strong defender, had seven disposals, took three marks and laid three tackles in the game, which was played in Norwood’s regional zone of Eyre Peninsula.

The teams play annually in Port Lincoln for the Teakle Cup.

May has played 35 games and kicked six goals for West since debuting in 2019.

May’s family has released a statement, saying: “We ar
e truly grateful for the incredible care our beautiful boy received in Port Lincoln (before) being transferred to Adelaide and now in the RAH.
another grub
Coach

Postby wenchbarwer » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:51 pm

I was thinking of the Robbie West incident, then the article says no-one else was involved

Poor kid
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby JK » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:56 pm

Doesn't sound flash, really sorry to hear this. Wishing Sam all the best in his recovery, and to his family and friends who would understandably be devastated at the moment.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4462 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby RustyCage » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:52 pm

That’s horrible, hope he’ll pull through ok
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby mickey » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:07 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:Jesus, what happened?

Ch 9 news reporting that he fell through a skylight on the hotel roof

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:11 pm

mickey wrote:
wenchbarwer wrote:Jesus, what happened?

Ch 9 news reporting that he fell through a skylight on the hotel roof

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Sad to hear but WTF were they doing? :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2052 times
Been liked: 3899 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby wenchbarwer » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:18 pm

My thoughts exactly!
wenchbarwer