Netflix

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Netflix

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:54 pm

MatteeG wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Not Netflix but is anyone else getting Disney + ? WIll be getting it for sure. Looks awesome


Yep no doubt our household will roll with it. Think you can get a free week intro.

Yeah you do
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15776
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2708 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Re: Netflix

Postby Magellan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:01 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Still very good although I don't think Liz & Backdoor are as good as the last two series

Do you mean in terms of performances, or their resemblance to the real people, Jimmy?

PS 'Backdoor,' he he.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4584
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 1121 times

Re: Netflix

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:57 am

I've started watching The Irishmen... What i've seen so far (about an hour in), i've really liked it... It's a Martin Scorsese film, with DeNiro and Pacinio in it...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15776
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2708 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Re: Netflix

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:15 am

woodublieve12 wrote:I've started watching The Irishmen... What i've seen so far (about an hour in), i've really liked it... It's a Martin Scorsese film, with DeNiro and Pacinio in it...


Watched it last night (in 2 sessions, had a nap in between!)

I may have hyped it up too much myself. I still think Goodfellas is better

There is no way it needed to got for 3 1/2 hours imo
User avatar
The Ash Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5394
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:33 pm
Has liked: 343 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: Netflix

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:36 am

Magellan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Still very good although I don't think Liz & Backdoor are as good as the last two series

Do you mean in terms of performances, or their resemblance to the real people, Jimmy?

PS 'Backdoor,' he he.


I just preferred the cast in the first series.
These two actually grew on me as I watched further - Backdoor more than Liz. Has Liz really got buck teeth?
I like Tobias Menzies as an actor (other than a certain episode of Outlander :butthead: :goodman:

Next series should be a ripper. I hope they include some Randy Andy history ;)
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 293 times
Been liked: 495 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Netflix

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:37 am

The Ash Man wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I've started watching The Irishmen... What i've seen so far (about an hour in), i've really liked it... It's a Martin Scorsese film, with DeNiro and Pacinio in it...


Watched it last night (in 2 sessions, had a nap in between!)

I may have hyped it up too much myself. I still think Goodfellas is better

There is no way it needed to got for 3 1/2 hours imo


I watched it on the weekend (in two goes as well) - 3 1/2 hours is OK in 2 sessions. I enjoyed it.

I agree Goodfellows is better but this was more historical
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 293 times
Been liked: 495 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Netflix

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Next series should be a ripper. I hope they include some Randy Andy history ;)

And perhaps the Fergie toe-sucking scandal as well? ;) :shock:
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4584
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 1121 times

Re: Netflix

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:02 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I've started watching The Irishmen... What i've seen so far (about an hour in), i've really liked it... It's a Martin Scorsese film, with DeNiro and Pacinio in it...


Watched it last night (in 2 sessions, had a nap in between!)

I may have hyped it up too much myself. I still think Goodfellas is better

There is no way it needed to got for 3 1/2 hours imo


I watched it on the weekend (in two goes as well) - 3 1/2 hours is OK in 2 sessions. I enjoyed it.

I agree Goodfellows is better but this was more historical
Thought it went a tad too long.
Didnt live up to the hype.
Although still good.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 46507
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8000 times
Been liked: 2135 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests