Extra free to air channels

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Extra free to air channels

Postby footy1992 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:45 pm

My tv has automatically picked it up today!
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby brod » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Cant wait!! :roll:

Launches Sunday 630pm, with.....WIPEOUT ;) , followed by 4 episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" :roll:
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby CK » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:03 pm

The launch of Seven's new male oriented channel, 7MATE has paid quick dividends, comparative to Nine's new female oriented channel, GEM.

Last week's ratings gave 7MATE a 2.8% audience share, compared with GEM's 2.3%. Go! still holds a 5.8% audience share.

Each program's top rated show last week (with overall, across all channels, weekly ranking)

Go! - The Big Bang Theory; ranked 24th overall, with 410,000 viewers nationally
7MATE - Scrubs, ranked 43rd overall, 162,000 viewers
GEM - The Time Machine, ranked 50th, 99,000 viewers

Interestingly, repeats of Starsky and Hutch for 7MATE ranked at 49th
Can you guess where I'm calling from, the Las Vegas Hilton...
CK
Veteran

Been liked: 3 times

Postby dedja » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm

LOL, why would anyone think about buying a 3D tv when there's hardly any HD content, let alone 3D content around?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Postby Media Park » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:22 pm

dedja wrote:LOL, why would anyone think about buying a 3D tv when there's hardly any HD content, let alone 3D content around?

Doesn't make a lot of sense does it Dedja? Yet they are "walking out the door."
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:35 am

Media Park wrote:
dedja wrote:LOL, why would anyone think about buying a 3D tv when there's hardly any HD content, let alone 3D content around?

Doesn't make a lot of sense does it Dedja? Yet they are "walking out the door."

did anybody else see Mr Harvey on ACA recently promoting the 3D tvs??

funniest thing ever, trying to sell something that doesnt exist basically
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11938 times
Been liked: 3639 times

Postby Brucetiki » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:40 am

What amazes me about 3D TV was that it was tried and failed in the '80's (there's a YouTube clip of a movie Channel 7 showed in 3D in the '80's), so what makes them think it'll succeed this time?

IMO 3D is overrated. I saw Toy Story 3 in both 3D and 2D and actually enjoyed it more in 2D than in 3D.
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 34 times

Postby Gingernuts » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:05 am

Brucetiki wrote: IMO 3D is overrated. I saw Toy Story 3 in both 3D and 2D and actually enjoyed it more in 2D than in 3D.

x2

Was actually a bit annoyed that I'd spend extra money to watch it in 3D, really wasn't worth it.

I'm in the market for a new TV in the next couple of months and the annoying thing is it seems that most new tv's come standard with it. I really don't want it. :?
Gingernuts
League - Top 5

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby CK » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Channel Ten's new digital station, Eleven, launches January 11.

"Neighbours" will be shifting here and leaving Ten, along with both new and repeat episodes of "The Simpsons", "Futurama", "The Cleveland Show" (Family Guy spinoff) and many others.

Some of the repeats screening here include Frasier, Happy Days, Family Ties (finally!), Cheers, Becker, Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes, Roseanne and The Brady Bunch.
CK
Veteran

Postby GWW » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:56 pm

CK wrote:Some of the repeats screening here include Frasier, Happy Days, Family Ties (finally!), Cheers, Becker, Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes, Roseanne and The Brady Bunch.

\:D/
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:01 am

Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson will be debuting on Eleven as well. Good to see with Conan on Gem and of course Letterman on Ten the FTA channels are starting to show some decent US late night chat shows. Just waiting for the Jimmy Kimmel & Jimmy Fallon shows to be picked up by a FTA channel now.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby zipzap » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:44 pm

CK wrote:Family Ties (finally!)

There was a kangaroo...in my living room...

Gold!
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Gingernuts wrote:
Brucetiki wrote: IMO 3D is overrated. I saw Toy Story 3 in both 3D and 2D and actually enjoyed it more in 2D than in 3D.

x2

Was actually a bit annoyed that I'd spend extra money to watch it in 3D, really wasn't worth it.

I'm in the market for a new TV in the next couple of months and the annoying thing is it seems that most new tv's come standard with it. I really don't want it. :?

x3 That was the same for me with Jackass 3. I would of preferred for it to be in 2D as I'm not really a huge fan of the whole 3D thing, mainly because of the strain it puts on your eyes.

After seeing it, my eyes were quite sore the next day and my mates were complaining about headaches and sore eyes after seeing it aswell. I've also talked to a few about watching 3D movies and most of them have complained about having saw eyes and headaches after watching a movie in 3D.

I've also heard that you can only watch 3D TV for no more than 2-3 hours because it can be bad for your eyes.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Magpiespower » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:57 am

3D TV sales nowhere near what retailers expected.

Got their fingers crossed for 'smart TV' now.

But they've already conceded that application programmers/developers will be the one's making the most coin from that...
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Brucetiki » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:43 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:

x2

x3 That was the same for me with Jackass 3. I would of preferred for it to be in 2D as I'm not really a huge fan of the whole 3D thing, mainly because of the strain it puts on your eyes.

After seeing it, my eyes were quite sore the next day and my mates were complaining about headaches and sore eyes after seeing it aswell. I've also talked to a few about watching 3D movies and most of them have complained about having saw eyes and headaches after watching a movie in 3D.

I've also heard that you can only watch 3D TV for no more than 2-3 hours because it can be bad for your eyes.

I saw that a few months ago as well - 90% of the movie was 2D anyway and 3D bits were nothing to write home about.
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 34 times

Postby tipper » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:29 am

someone was telling me the other day as well that a certain percentage of the population (it was around one in ten people) cant watch 3d anyway. something to do with their eyes (not necessarily bad eyesight) means that all they get is a blur. if everything went to 3d it would automatically rule out a big portion of the audience.

ill get interested in 3d when you dont have to wear the glasses to watch it (and therefore not have to buy several pairs at $$$ a pop...)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby CK » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Eleven's initial program guide is fairly hard to find, but Family Ties looks set to screen at 6pm nightly. Neighbours to retain its 6.30pm slot. Everybody Loves Raymond ( :? ) at 7pm, with The Simpsons, Futurama, King Of The Hill and The Cleveland Show following most nights.

MacGyver at 2pm daily, Roseanne at 3pm, Mork and Mindy 4pm, Happy Days 5pm, The Brady Bunch at 5.30pm.
CK
Veteran

Postby Gozu » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:23 pm

I watched that horror remake My Bloody Valentine with the 3D glasses not that long ago and aside from the 3D being crap (except for one decent part) one of my eyes (always your strongest eye) was starting to hurt about half an hour in. I stopped the movie and went in the bathroom to have a look and both of my eyes were totally bloodshot. One of them was almost pink. I ended up watching the rest of the movie in 2D.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby smac » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:27 am

tipper wrote:someone was telling me the other day as well that a certain percentage of the population (it was around one in ten people) cant watch 3d anyway. something to do with their eyes (not necessarily bad eyesight) means that all they get is a blur. if everything went to 3d it would automatically rule out a big portion of the audience.

ill get interested in 3d when you dont have to wear the glasses to watch it (and therefore not have to buy several pairs at $$$ a pop...)

I have a lazy eye and the older style 3D was impossible for me to watch while the new one isn't a problem (same for smac jr). Never experienced the sore eyes/bloodshot eyes/headaches issues others mention either, but will certainly watch the kids closely next time we head to watch a 3D fillum.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

CK wrote:Eleven's initial program guide is fairly hard to find, but Family Ties looks set to screen at 6pm nightly. Neighbours to retain its 6.30pm slot. Everybody Loves Raymond ( :? ) at 7pm, with The Simpsons, Futurama, King Of The Hill and The Cleveland Show following most nights.

MacGyver at 2pm daily, Roseanne at 3pm, Mork and Mindy 4pm, Happy Days 5pm, The Brady Bunch at 5.30pm.

Does anyone know when Supernatural starts on Eleven? I've looked in the TV guide for it but can't seem to find when it's on.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment