General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Postby Kahuna » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:08 am

Breaking Bad spinoff, Better Call Saul, has started with two excellent episodes. Looks very promising.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 504 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Going against my better judgement, I recorded Gogglebox last night to see what all the hype was about.
It lasted 48secs before it got deleted.
Absolute tripe (which I was expecting)
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby JK » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Anyone watch The Affair on Tues night?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:49 pm

Did anyone happen to catch "How to get away with Murder" on Tuesday night? and is it any good?

I missed it :(
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Did anyone happen to catch "How to get away with Murder" on Tuesday night? and is it any good?

I know the Mrs downloaded & watched it pretty much straight.

I'm pretty sure she really enjoyed it.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Did anyone happen to catch "How to get away with Murder" on Tuesday night? and is it any good?

very good show.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:01 pm

I liked it
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:56 pm

Kahuna wrote:Breaking Bad spinoff, Better Call Saul, has started with two excellent episodes. Looks very promising.

Cant wait to see this, although I have to finish Suits first then pick up the new episodes of Banshee then ill hit up Better Call Saul :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Stumps » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:51 pm

The Ash Man wrote:

I liked it

Yeah I liked it I am in
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Gallipoli didn't have me on the edge of my seat, despite my high interest in the topic.
The opening scene in the boat was excellent and, as usual, I found myself getting angry at the loss of life - it happens whenever I watch/read anything on the subject.

How many eps is it?

You know you're getting old when the gorgeous Justine Clarke is playing mother to teenagers.

I thought Gary Jubilan was good as the lieutenant who kept running messages. He gave a good perspective on the desperation and frenetic movement that occurred on that day.

The guy playing Attaturk was also good. Gave that amazing sense of power that made the Father of the Turks such a leader of men.

The thing that crossed my mind whilst watching it was that our nation is commemorating the Gallipoli landings with a multitude of TV dramas and I wondered what the Turkish tv programs on the subject would be like.

Watched the whole series on www.stan.com.au this weekend. Thought it was brilliantly done.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 509 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:40 am

Aerie wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Gallipoli didn't have me on the edge of my seat, despite my high interest in the topic.
The opening scene in the boat was excellent and, as usual, I found myself getting angry at the loss of life - it happens whenever I watch/read anything on the subject.

How many eps is it?

You know you're getting old when the gorgeous Justine Clarke is playing mother to teenagers.

I thought Gary Jubilan was good as the lieutenant who kept running messages. He gave a good perspective on the desperation and frenetic movement that occurred on that day.

The guy playing Attaturk was also good. Gave that amazing sense of power that made the Father of the Turks such a leader of men.

The thing that crossed my mind whilst watching it was that our nation is commemorating the Gallipoli landings with a multitude of TV dramas and I wondered what the Turkish tv programs on the subject would be like.

Watched the whole series on http://www.stan.com.au this weekend. Thought it was brilliantly done.

very surprised that channel 9 would let stan show the whole series. Surely that would hurt ratings.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:53 am

might hurt the ratings on 9, but perhaps the subscribers to Stan help to offset that
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11927 times
Been liked: 3636 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:54 am

Watched - How to get away with murder yesterday and didn't mind it at all.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11927 times
Been liked: 3636 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Aerie wrote:

How many eps is it?

Watched the whole series on http://www.stan.com.au this weekend. Thought it was brilliantly done.

very surprised that channel 9 would let stan show the whole series. Surely that would hurt ratings.

Im currently reading Gallipoli only 1/4 of the way through, and watched the first 10 mins of ep 1 and turned it off. I cant get over the fact they recycle Australian actors so much it just didnt seem right. I didnt want their faces in my head while reading/picturing what is written.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Aerie wrote:

How many eps is it?

Im currently reading Gallipoli only 1/4 of the way through, and watched the first 10 mins of ep 1 and turned it off. I cant get over the fact they recycle Australian actors so much it just didnt seem right. I didnt want their faces in my head while reading/picturing what is written.

seriously???

who would you like them to use? i think the casting is very good...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Watched - How to get away with murder yesterday and didn't mind it at all.

Not a bad show but when I got smacked in the face with the gay sex scene I was a little put off.
Should be a warning before I cop an eyeful of man love on my TV.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:33 pm

OnSong wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Watched - How to get away with murder yesterday and didn't mind it at all.

Not a bad show but when I got smacked in the face with the gay sex scene I was a little put off.

Why? Do you want a warning when there's hetero love on the tv too?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Q. » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:36 pm

HH3 wrote:
OnSong wrote:

I think by "I was a little put off", he means "I got the weirdest boner".
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Q. » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:40 pm

Finished season one and started season two of Boardwalk Empire. It's okay, I fell asleep during a couple of episodes because the dialogue bores me a bit, but the missus loves it so I guess it's here to stay.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:45 pm

HH3 wrote:
OnSong wrote:

No. I just don't enjoy seeing two guys going at it. Nor did I expect to see two guys going at it.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment