Good Movies

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Good Movies

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 31, 2018 5:12 pm

Wedgie wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Saw Solo, enjoyed as Ive been a Star Wars fan since I saw the first one when I was 7 years old.
BUT, the only film to compare it to is Rogue One and Rogue One was much much better IMHO.
I saw Solo last week and I really liked it, more than I thought I would. After being disappointed by Deadpool 2 I was glad Solo was as good as it was. Basicaly a big heist movie in a Star Wars theme. A nice cameo that was very unexpected, my mates had no idea how it worked but this Star Wars nerd thought it was awesome.

Agree that Rogue One is a better movie. Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie made IMO.

Episodes 1, 2 and 3 comfortably have that title between them.
I'd even rate Last Jedi better than Solo. Was no "Wow" factor for me with Solo where Rogue One blew me away.
The cameo you mention was the only really cool part which lasted for a few seconds.
It's good we can all have differing opinions though, at he end of the day the more Star Wars movies the better!

See I hated the Last Jedi, shit plot and no follow up on the sub plots they created in the Force Awakens like the Knights of Ren which I thought was a very cool concept.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 31, 2018 5:21 pm

Chewie was the star of Solo, if it wasn't for him I would have thrown something at the screen. Even the start wasn't engaging which is unusual for A Star Wars movie that normally send the hairs up on the back of your neck early on.

Last Jedi had a lot of things in it for Star Wars nuts like me. Not great and only saw it once but still much better than the awful eps 1,2 and 3. (and Solo)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 31, 2018 8:53 pm

Wedgie wrote:Chewie was the star of Solo, if it wasn't for him I would have thrown something at the screen. Even the start wasn't engaging which is unusual for A Star Wars movie that normally send the hairs up on the back of your neck early on.

Last Jedi had a lot of things in it for Star Wars nuts like me. Not great and only saw it once but still much better than the awful eps 1,2 and 3. (and Solo)

Yes the prequels are weak, Hayden Christensen was awful.

I agree about Chewie, the perfect comic relief.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Saw Solo, enjoyed as Ive been a Star Wars fan since I saw the first one when I was 7 years old.
BUT, the only film to compare it to is Rogue One and Rogue One was much much better IMHO.
I saw Solo last week and I really liked it, more than I thought I would. After being disappointed by Deadpool 2 I was glad Solo was as good as it was. Basicaly a big heist movie in a Star Wars theme. A nice cameo that was very unexpected, my mates had no idea how it worked but this Star Wars nerd thought it was awesome.

Agree that Rogue One is a better movie. Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie made IMO.

Not those bloody droids again I hope...

(and yes, two thumbs up for Rogue One from me)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby JK » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Corona Man wrote:Watched Jazz Singer on Foxtel last night. Never seen it before, nothing like a bit of Neil Diamond on a Monday.

Cracking soundtrack
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Corona Man wrote:Watched Jazz Singer on Foxtel last night. Never seen it before, nothing like a bit of Neil Diamond on a Monday.

An old favourite of mine, I watched it again for old times sake.

"I offered him my body, he settled for a pizza".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:30 pm

JK wrote:

Cracking soundtrack

Absolutely
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:32 pm

I've managed to see Star Wars, half of The Empire Strikes Back and the Return of the Jedi, I'm happy to leave it there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Duel

Dunno how many times ive seen it. But love it!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:12 pm

Pseudo wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Not going to spoil it for you but you have to be aware of the Disney Star Wars cannon (The Clone Wars/Star Wars Rebels) to know how the Cameo is possible.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:21 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Not going to spoil it for you but you have to be aware of the Disney Star Wars cannon (The Clone Wars/Star Wars Rebels) to know how the Cameo is possible.

Awe, you’ve spoilt it now

;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:25 am

Someone mentioned the Jerk on another thread, got me thinking, that was a funny film. Steve Martin at his best and one of his 1st. I’ll have to see if I can get a copy or find it on sky.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:14 am

Had a read of this thread last night, and decided to watch 'I, Tonya' based on the feedback in here.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, kept me interested from start to finish, and the Mrs really enjoyed it as well.

Margot Robbie is really good in it, but thought Allison Janney as her mother was simply outstanding. The "bodyguard" Shawn Eckhardt was a crack up, sadly reminded me of plenty of guys I know.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:48 am

johntheclaret wrote:Someone mentioned the Jerk on another thread, got me thinking, that was a funny film. Steve Martin at his best and one of his 1st. I’ll have to see if I can get a copy or find it on sky.

The Jerk is a classic movie. I loved it when his African American parents told him he was adopted after 20 years and he starts crying and says "so I'm going to be this colour forever" lol
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:02 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Duel

Dunno how many times ive seen it. But love it!

Yep.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Grenville » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Someone mentioned the Jerk on another thread, got me thinking, that was a funny film. Steve Martin at his best and one of his 1st. I’ll have to see if I can get a copy or find it on sky.

The Jerk is a classic movie. I loved it when his African American parents told him he was adopted after 20 years and he starts crying and says "so I'm going to be this colour forever" lol

It's a beauty, just a piss funny movie.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:21 am

Jurassic World fallen kingdom... Thought it was alright
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:27 pm

The Castle on tv at the moment....”oh and Daz....put them gates around the back”.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Gozu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Jurassic World fallen kingdom... Thought it was alright

Even though it's getting average reviews despite cleaning up at the box office I quite enjoyed it too a bit different to the regular JP/JW stuff which was a positive.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:45 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Jurassic World fallen kingdom... Thought it was alright

Me too
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment