Good Movies

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Good Movies

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:00 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Only a few decades behind here, but I watched (I think for the first time*) Blues Brothers on Netflix.

Well worth the couple of hours.

*I have seen the car chases before, but not the entire movie start to finish.

Cult film

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby JK » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:45 pm

Watched the Gentlemen the other night, Guy Ritchie's latest offering. Stellar cast get's it into this thread, but (imho) it was well short of his other tales. Matthew McConaughey his usual excellent self (not that his character really extended him much), Charlie Hunnam (who unfortunately I think is a pretty ordinary actor, with this role being no different), Colin Farrell (Excellent as always), Michelle Dockery (fantastic) and Hugh Grant (steals the show for mine, best part of the movie). Worth a look if you're a Richie fan, but for mine it's only a 5.5/10
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Kahuna » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 am

JK wrote:Watched the Gentlemen the other night, Guy Ritchie's latest offering. Stellar cast get's it into this thread, but (imho) it was well short of his other tales. Matthew McConaughey his usual excellent self (not that his character really extended him much), Charlie Hunnam (who unfortunately I think is a pretty ordinary actor, with this role being no different), Colin Farrell (Excellent as always), Michelle Dockery (fantastic) and Hugh Grant (steals the show for mine, best part of the movie). Worth a look if you're a Richie fan, but for mine it's only a 5.5/10

I watched this the other night, enjoyed it. 7/10 for mine.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby JK » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:21 am

Kahuna wrote:
JK wrote:Watched the Gentlemen the other night, Guy Ritchie's latest offering. Stellar cast get's it into this thread, but (imho) it was well short of his other tales. Matthew McConaughey his usual excellent self (not that his character really extended him much), Charlie Hunnam (who unfortunately I think is a pretty ordinary actor, with this role being no different), Colin Farrell (Excellent as always), Michelle Dockery (fantastic) and Hugh Grant (steals the show for mine, best part of the movie). Worth a look if you're a Richie fan, but for mine it's only a 5.5/10

Yeah to be fair maybe my expectation was a bit too high
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:16 am

JK wrote:
Kahuna wrote:

Yeah to be fair maybe my expectation was a bit too high

Thanks - I didn't know anything about it - now on my list to watch
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Is this on netflix?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Jase » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:22 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Is this on netflix?
Unfortunately not... Foxtel is the go...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:46 pm

Jase wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Is this on netflix?
Unfortunately not... Foxtel is the go...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Found it on prime.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:51 pm

watched the new Borat movie last night... SO good. Gee the americans are a deranged bunch... Total piss take of Trump, his supporters and Rudy Giuliani is a disgusting human...

Definitely worth a look
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:07 am

Watched midway on Prime last night.... really good film
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby DOC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:59 pm

The Dry

Very good Aussie Film. Eric Bana gives a standout performance.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:59 pm

"Beats", 2019 scots flick, currently streaming on SBS on demand.

Heavy scots accents, light on plot, and perhaps bordering on homoerotic in parts. Almost constant soundtrack of '90s era rave music. Very spartan use of colour - but in an enhancing way.

I didn't mind it.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:58 am

I haven't been on this topic in awhile-
Tenet- Absolute loved it, I got right into and liked it so much I watched it twice. Another very good Nolan film.
Justice League Synder Cut- A huge improvement on the original JL cut.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:48 pm

Need you folk to start posting more in here again - i rely on this thread to decide what movies to watch haha!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:51 pm

Not a movie - it's a doco, but goes for 90min so qualifies... watched "Hillsborough" the other week on Kayo - loved it - in fact so much that i watched it again last night with Mrs Bedge and she sat and watched the whole thing which is rare for her given it's a sports doc.

At times it's hard to hold back the tears.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:07 pm

The Bedge wrote:Not a movie - it's a doco, but goes for 90min so qualifies... watched "Hillsborough" the other week on Kayo - loved it - in fact so much that i watched it again last night with Mrs Bedge and she sat and watched the whole thing which is rare for her given it's a sports doc.

Yeah one of my favouries……I feel for all involved. I know the police made some mistakes but I think in this day and age we lose sight of being able to reflect on incidents/tragedies and remember that people in that exact moment only knew what they knew. Its easy to look back now with all our technology, our wealth of knowledge, our understandings of almost every aspect of life and be critical on the way things were done in the 60's / 70's / 80's.

If you love the ESPN series do youself a favour and watch 'The Tale of Two Escobars'

The doco focuses on Andrea Escobar the Colombian soccer player killed after scoring an own goal at the 1990 World Cup in the US and Pablo Escobar the famous Coloumbian drug lord.

Despite sharing the same last name the two were not related but the way their lives intertwine was incredible.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:53 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Not a movie - it's a doco, but goes for 90min so qualifies... watched "Hillsborough" the other week on Kayo - loved it - in fact so much that i watched it again last night with Mrs Bedge and she sat and watched the whole thing which is rare for her given it's a sports doc.

Yeah one of my favouries……I feel for all involved. I know the police made some mistakes but I think in this day and age we lose sight of being able to reflect on incidents/tragedies and remember that people in that exact moment only knew what they knew. Its easy to look back now with all our technology, our wealth of knowledge, our understandings of almost every aspect of life and be critical on the way things were done in the 60's / 70's / 80's.

If you love the ESPN series do youself a favour and watch 'The Tale of Two Escobars'

The doco focuses on Andrea Escobar the Colombian soccer player killed after scoring an own goal at the 1990 World Cup in the US and Pablo Escobar the famous Coloumbian drug lord.

Despite sharing the same last name the two were not related but the way their lives intertwine was incredible.

The 30 for 30 doco's are great. My favourite of all time is "Into the Wind" about Terry Fox who ran across Canada with a prosthetic leg to raise money for cancer. Very sad too but what he did was quite amazing.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:05 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
whufc wrote:

The 30 for 30 doco's are great. My favourite of all time is "Into the Wind" about Terry Fox who ran across Canada with a prosthetic leg to raise money for cancer. Very sad too but what he did was quite amazing.

Will watch that tonight I think.

I watched one on BMX rider Matt Hoffman the other night and thought that was brilliant. Not a sport im into and I only knew little about Matt Hoffman but the way the doco was done (directed by Johnny Knoxville) was brilliant. Not knowing how his career ended I sat there with anticipation for the entirety of the doco.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:36 am

Believe Me on Netflix, worth a watch
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby JK » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Caught a flick the other night called Just Mercy, and really enjoyed it despite the topic matter not being pleasant. Had undertones of "A Time To Kill", "Mississippi Burning" and probably all of those other racially unjust stories set in the Southern US.

Jamie Foxx is always excellent and Michael Jordan (Apollo Creed variety, not the Space Jam version) keeps upping the maturity in his roles. Worth a watch imho.
FUSC
JK
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment