Good Movies

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Good Movies

Postby Magellan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:50 am

Grenville wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Someone mentioned the Jerk on another thread, got me thinking, that was a funny film. Steve Martin at his best and one of his 1st. I’ll have to see if I can get a copy or find it on sky.

The Jerk is a classic movie. I loved it when his African American parents told him he was adopted after 20 years and he starts crying and says "so I'm going to be this colour forever" lol

It's a beauty, just a piss funny movie.

Indeed. It's got everything - 'Shithead' the dog, the opti-grab spectacles, and the scourge of cat-juggling.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Hazbeen » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Filling in time between appointments in town yesterday so went to see "The spy who dumped me" surprisingly good buddy move with the very nice to look at Mila Kunis in it. Was easy no thinking fun.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Magellan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:46 am

BlackKKlansman.

Equal parts comedy-drama with a strong nod to 70s blaxploitation films and sobering commentary on current race relations in the US.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Just watched Wonder with kids, didn't think I would enjoy it but it was a good view.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Magellan
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:39 am

Deadpool 2

A lot of the jokes were pretty obvious, but it was a decent watch.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 pm

Grenville wrote:Just watched Wonder with kids, didn't think I would enjoy it but it was a good view.

Just logged in to post the same haha! Didn’t realise you’d already posted this :lol:

Good movie, I enjoyed it from start to finish and felt a few strings on the old heart being tugged at times lol
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby JK » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:49 am

Unintentionally watched Cindarella Man again the other night. Top movie with some excellent acting performances. Find that era of the great depression a really fascinating time.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:05 pm

Saw it a few weeks back now but Jimmy Barnes Working Class Boy was very good. I really wanted to see it given dad loved him and watched lots of Cold Chisel/Jimmy Barnes docos, interviews and footage over the years.

A great insight into his early life in Glasgow and then Adelaide, in particular growing up in Elizabeth. I learnt quite a few things about him that I didn't know, would of been nice to hear about him living around the Port and about perfoming at the Largs Pier (Where my dad first saw him) when he talked about the start of Cold Chisel but the doco was mainly about his childhood, had a very rough life in Glasgow and Elizabeth. If you're a fan of Jimmy it is definitely worth watching.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby Gozu » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:27 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Saw it a few weeks back now but Jimmy Barnes Working Class Boy was very good. I really wanted to see it given dad loved him and watched lots of Cold Chisel/Jimmy Barnes docos, interviews and footage over the years.

A great insight into his early life in Glasgow and then Adelaide, in particular growing up in Elizabeth. I learnt quite a few things about him that I didn't know, would of been nice to hear about him living around the Port and about perfoming at the Largs Pier (Where my dad first saw him) when he talked about the start of Cold Chisel but the doco was mainly about his childhood, had a very rough life in Glasgow and Elizabeth. If you're a fan of Jimmy it is definitely worth watching.

It's going to be on Channel 7 on Monday 1st October too.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:40 pm

Gozu wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Saw it a few weeks back now but Jimmy Barnes Working Class Boy was very good. I really wanted to see it given dad loved him and watched lots of Cold Chisel/Jimmy Barnes docos, interviews and footage over the years.

It's going to be on Channel 7 on Monday 1st October too.
Yep, much to the annoyance of my girlfriend and I we saw the the ad other night, could of saved our money and waited for it to be on tv only a month after we saw it at the cinema FFS.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby JK » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:35 am

Caught a Flick on the weekend called American made. Based on a true story Tom Cruise plays the role of Barry Seal in the early 80's during the Contra affair. Hawing not known much about the events of the day, I found it really interesting and Tom Cruise was excellent, as he usually it is it must be said (not that I ever go out of my way to watch his movies). Really enjoyable flick, more than happy to recommend this one.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Grenville » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Watching The Big Lebowski for the umpteenth time. Still absolute gold.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Grenville » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:29 pm

Mississippi Burning, another I've watched many times before but still a belter of a film.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Wedgie » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Saw A Star is Born on Monday, it was meh but Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga were sensational.
Saw Bohemian Rhapsody today, absolutely brilliant!
Was expecting it to be great and it was better than expected.
If you have a chance go see it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Grenville » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:35 pm

Watching The Magnificent Seven again , absolute pearler.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 pm

Bohemian Rhapsody is the best thing I have seen in years. Cinematic masterclass. Simply phenomenal.

Haven’t heard a bad word about it and can’t imagine anyone not liking it.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:24 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Bohemian Rhapsody is the best thing I have seen in years. Cinematic masterclass. Simply phenomenal.

Haven’t heard a bad word about it and can’t imagine anyone not liking it.

My best mate is an absolute Queen officionado, and even though she loved the film, she was picking out the "errors" on the way through :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:47 am

Watched the Dark Knight again for the first time in ages... That is hands down the best Superhero film of all time. Heath Ledger was sensational...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby helicopterking » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Split
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

PreviousNext