Good Movies

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Good Movies

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:03 pm

Bohemian Rhapsody

Very good despite some errors, they did the characters quite well with appearances.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 am

Passenger
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 pm

I finally went and saw Aquaman tonight and I enjoyed it. Few silly bits and alot of over the top CGI but had good action, interesting creatures, had some good humour and didn't take itself too seriously which was good. Jason Mamoa was very good and it quite alot of well know actors/actresses in it- Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Nicole Kidman, Dolph Lundgren, Temuera Morrison.

I've got a list of new movies to see this year-
Glass
Captain Marvel
Avengers Endgame
Toy Story 4
Star Wars Episode 9
And I still have to see Creed 2 and maybe Incredibles 2 and Spiderman Into the spider verse if I can be bothered.

I saw Bohemian Rhapsody a few weeks back too, being a bit of a nuffy for music history and timelines what I really didn't like was how they jamed the band's beginnings, initial success and then Freddie's personal life and issues into a short time of a few years but the music, the actors, the sets and presentation of the film made it very enjoyable.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:57 pm

I finally watched Sully Saturday night, girlfriend and I were away for the weekend and watched a few movies Saturday and Sunday night. I enjoyed it and read into the real story of Sully, didn't realise the incident only happened in 2009.

We also watched Ted, an old favourite, still as funny as ever.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby David Brent » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:14 pm

Green Book.

Watched it on the weekend, thoroughly enjoyed.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:56 am

Free Solo
Watched it on the Imax screen in Melb Sunday
Real life Documentary more than a movie
Watching it you obviously know the guys not gonna fall but that still doesn't stop ya from thinking he has to
Like HTF does some dude climb 900m up a sheer cliff face with zero safety equipment and not fall off?
Just hard to imagine how anyone can just shut out the fear of falling to your death from 1 tiny mistake from any step over a 4 hour period it took to climb.
Alex Honnold is one crazy MF :shock:
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby JK » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Righto, so I know Im old and out of touch, but managed to catch up on a few films lately ... Will list them in order of rating ...

3 Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri - Loved it! Big Frances McDormand fan anyway, and she was yet again excellent in this. Supporting cast lead by Woody Harelson and Sam Rockwell (imho his best performance to date) was brilliant, with perhaps the exception of Abbie Cornish who seemed to struggle with the accent and was just meh. Rating 4.5/5

I, Tonya - Thought the way they went about this movie was brilliant and the acting (especially from Robbie and Janney) was great. Actually spent a lot of time looking up what was fact and fiction after watching this. Gave me a new perspective on Tonya Harding too, poor bugger had it tough and never really had a chance. Rating 4.25/5

The Big Sick - Had no prior info about this film, but what a gem it is. Can't recall seeing many RomDramCom's before, but this one truly fits the bill. Well acted throughout, it legitimately captured all 3 elements, highly recommend. 4.25/5

The Greatest Showman - Have to bear in mind that I pretty much hate musicals, but the missus forced me to watch this. Glad she did, always been a bit of a Hugh fan and the music and sense of adventure of the tale was highly enjoyable. 3.75/5
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:59 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I finally watched Sully Saturday night, girlfriend and I were away for the weekend and watched a few movies Saturday and Sunday night. I enjoyed it and read into the real story of Sully, didn't realise the incident only happened in 2009.

Is that about the blue dude from Monsters Inc.?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I finally watched Sully Saturday night, girlfriend and I were away for the weekend and watched a few movies Saturday and Sunday night. I enjoyed it and read into the real story of Sully, didn't realise the incident only happened in 2009.

Hahaha, when I read about the movie being released in cinema in 2016 and saw the title I actually thought it was a movie about him!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hahaha, when I read about the movie being released in cinema in 2016 and saw the title I actually thought it was a movie about him!

Is Sully the Tom Hanks movie about crashing a plane or something?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Is Sully the Tom Hanks movie about crashing a plane or something?
Yes mate.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 pm

We're suckers for animation.

We took HH3 Jnr to see The Lego Movie 2 on Saturday. Not as good as the first one, or the Batman one, but still a good movie. Some funny bits. Would be a bit confusing for youngsters, but once they explain it all at the end it should be ok.

If you think Everything Is Awesome got stuck in your head, they've stepped it up a notch this time.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:46 am

Deadpool 2.... Hilarious
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 am

HH3 wrote:We're suckers for animation.

We took HH3 Jnr to see The Lego Movie 2 on Saturday. Not as good as the first one, or the Batman one, but still a good movie. Some funny bits. Would be a bit confusing for youngsters, but once they explain it all at the end it should be ok.

If you think Everything Is Awesome got stuck in your head, they've stepped it up a notch this time.

I took my kids to the first Lego Movie and fell asleep, it was the worst animated movie I've seen, it just never seemed to end, each to their own.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I took my kids to the first Lego Movie and fell asleep, it was the worst animated movie I've seen, it just never seemed to end, each to their own.

Ditto for the Pokemon movie when my kids were young.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Oh yes, never took my kids to the flicks again
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby JK » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:10 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Ha, I loved the first Lego Movie and watched it plenty of times. often without the kids. (Not sure I should be publicising that lol)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:40 am

JK wrote:
Ha, I loved the first Lego Movie and watched it plenty of times. often without the kids. (Not sure I should be publicising that lol)

It drove me insane, it just went around and around in circles.

You wouldn't dream of it but "Cars" was probably my favourite LOL.

The reason behind my username is when my lad was young he was fascinated by Lightning McQueen, he wanted to see him on TV or the computer whenever they were on, it made sense to use LM as a name and avatar so he'd sit on my lap and see his favourite.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

It drove me insane, it just went around and around in circles.

You wouldn't dream of it but "Cars" was probably my favourite LOL.

The reason behind my username is when my lad was young he was fascinated by Lightning McQueen, he wanted to see him on TV or the computer whenever they were on, it made sense to use LM as a name and avatar so he'd sit on my lap and see his favourite.

When my eldest was just a bub, and for about 3 years following, I had to sit down and watch Cars with him virtually every single evening lol. Grated a bit at the time but when I look back now it's some of my happiest memories in life.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:39 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The reason behind my username is when my lad was young he was fascinated by Lightning McQueen, he wanted to see him on TV or the computer whenever they were on, it made sense to use LM as a name and avatar so he'd sit on my lap and see his favourite.

When my eldest was just a bub, and for about 3 years following, I had to sit down and watch Cars with him virtually every single evening lol. Grated a bit at the time but when I look back now it's some of my happiest memories in life.

Lion King was religiously on repeat for my daughter... my son hasn't got the attention span for movies, but Peppa Pig can keep him quiet for hours :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment