The meh/not good/not bad movies

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:05 pm

My girlfriend and I went to see the Conjuring 2 yesterday and it was alright. I've been doing some reading about the Enfield Poltergeist which is what the movie is based on. It has been very interesting reading about it all.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Gozu » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:14 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:My girlfriend and I went to see the Conjuring 2 yesterday and it was alright. I've been doing some reading about the Enfield Poltergeist which is what the movie is based on. It has been very interesting reading about it all.

Speaking of Vera Farmiga I too recently saw The Conjuring 2 and thought it was okay for what it was but the first one was better. The real life story behind the 'Enfield Poltergeist' is probably even more interesting than the movie.

Well done to Aussie James Wan though having big success in Hollywood with the Saw franchise, the Insidious franchise, first Conjuring movie and now this.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Lights Out. Not bad, very creepy with an ending that was a bit of a surprise
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times

Postby JK » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:46 am

Bored last night and a movie came on Foxtel called Man Up .. Turned out to be a RomCom with Simon Pegg (who Im not usually a fan of) but Lake Bell was in it (she'd be on the laminate card) so was happy to give it a go. Wasn't a bad flick, had a few pretty funny moments. And did I mention Lake Bell?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MatteeG » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:59 pm

JK wrote:Bored last night and a movie came on Foxtel called Man Up .. Turned out to be a RomCom with Simon Pegg (who Im not usually a fan of) but Lake Bell was in it (she'd be on the laminate card) so was happy to give it a go. Wasn't a bad flick, had a few pretty funny moments. And did I mention Lake Bell?

Started watching this at lunch time but had to go back to work. Looked OK. So did the movie.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby JK » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:41 pm

MatteeG wrote:
JK wrote:Bored last night and a movie came on Foxtel called Man Up .. Turned out to be a RomCom with Simon Pegg (who Im not usually a fan of) but Lake Bell was in it (she'd be on the laminate card) so was happy to give it a go. Wasn't a bad flick, had a few pretty funny moments. And did I mention Lake Bell?

Started watching this at lunch time but had to go back to work. Looked OK. So did the movie.

Haha .. spot on! :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:50 am

Finally got around to watching Sicario last night - Maybe had too big an expectation, but I was a bit underwhelmed. Josh Brolin and Benecio Del Toro were excellent, as they always are, but other than eye candy I didn't think Emily Blunt offered much.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:20 am

JK wrote:Finally got around to watching Sicario last night - Maybe had too big an expectation, but I was a bit underwhelmed. Josh Brolin and Benecio Del Toro were excellent, as they always are, but other than eye candy I didn't think Emily Blunt offered much.

Yep, spot on JK. I also found it to be quite a disappointing film.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby JK » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:20 am

Magellan wrote:
JK wrote:Finally got around to watching Sicario last night - Maybe had too big an expectation, but I was a bit underwhelmed. Josh Brolin and Benecio Del Toro were excellent, as they always are, but other than eye candy I didn't think Emily Blunt offered much.

Yep, spot on JK. I also found it to be quite a disappointing film.

Shame because it had decent enough premise, and was gritty enough in it's sequence, but there just really wasn't enough to the story
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:17 am

I watched 'training day' several years ago and didn't think much of it... So I thought being a fair bit older I may appreciate it a bit more... Watched the first 30 minutes and turned it off... Overrated.. I am a massive Denzel fan too
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:35 am

I watched it last night - Didn't see anything special about Emily Blunt - you blokes were just warming us up
I enjoyed it although it was somewhat unbelievable in places
If I was a big ass multi squillionaire El Jefe, I'd have more than 4 blokes protecting my house and family
Speaking of which, did you see Trump twitter comment the other day about Mexico?
Couldn't stop thinking about it when they showed the current wall in the movie
Attachments
Trump.png
Trump.png (48.97 KiB) Viewed 458 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby HH3 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:04 am

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Took the Mrs to see Tim Burtons newest movie. I didn't have high hopes, but I was still disappointed.

Very slow build up. The acting wasn't great. The relationships between characters seemed forced, and the signature Tim Burton creepiness was very lacking.

Top that off with boring climaxes and it was pretty bland and forgettable. I actually forgot I had seen it until someone asked me what I'd done over the weekend. My first response was "did nothing on Sunday".

Also, towards the end, something simple and obvious happens, that if happened at the beginning, would've solved everyones problems straight away.

Gonna give it a solid 3/10
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby MatteeG » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:46 pm

HH3 wrote:Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Took the Mrs to see Tim Burtons newest movie. I didn't have high hopes, but I was still disappointed.

Very slow build up. The acting wasn't great. The relationships between characters seemed forced, and the signature Tim Burton creepiness was very lacking.

Top that off with boring climaxes and it was pretty bland and forgettable. I actually forgot I had seen it until someone asked me what I'd done over the weekend. My first response was "did nothing on Sunday".

Also, towards the end, something simple and obvious happens, that if happened at the beginning, would've solved everyones problems straight away.

At 3's it should probably qualify for the 'Worst movies' thread...
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby HH3 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:53 pm

MatteeG wrote:
HH3 wrote:Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

At 3's it should probably qualify for the 'Worst movies' thread...

It was like a 3.9 rounded down. I didnt leave thinking "what a pile of shit" but it was pretty forgettable. Glad the movie tickets at West Lakes are only $10.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:34 pm

Solid 3 =))
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby JK » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:26 am

Suicide Squad - not the greatest movie, saved by Margot and her skimpy shorts
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Marauders. If someone can explain this f..king movie to me, especially the ending, it would be much appreciated, thanks.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:09 am

Masterminds with Zak Galifianakis, Owen Wilson.

Based on a true story of an inside job robbery from the US mid 00's, pretty solid cast and performances and some interesting characters within the move.

I'd give it a 6.5/10 and suggest there'd be worse movies you could queue up on Netflix.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:25 am

Booney wrote:Masterminds with Zak Galifianakis, Owen Wilson.

Based on a true story of an inside job robbery from the US mid 00's, pretty solid cast and performances and some interesting characters within the move.

I'd give it a 6.5/10 and suggest there'd be worse movies you could queue up on Netflix.

Speaking of movies based on true stories from the mid-naughties, saw "War Dogs" on a flight recently. Jonah Hill and someone else I can't recall as two young guys who get involved in the dirty business of selling arms to the US government.

7/10. Worth a look, but with most adaptations from the truth it's hard to know what's really true and what's been doctored for dramatic effect.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:56 am

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:Masterminds with Zak Galifianakis, Owen Wilson.

Speaking of movies based on true stories from the mid-naughties, saw "War Dogs" on a flight recently. Jonah Hill and someone else I can't recall as two young guys who get involved in the dirty business of selling arms to the US government.

7/10. Worth a look, but with most adaptations from the truth it's hard to know what's really true and what's been doctored for dramatic effect.

Saw war dogs on *Qatar airlines flight!!! Decent film

*shameless name drop
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment