Netflix

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Netflix

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:31 pm

Couldn't help but to resort to watching Malcolm on Netty last night, plain simple but funny
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Vamos » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Couldn't help but to resort to watching Malcolm on Netty last night, plain simple but funny

Love it. Always get that jingle stuck in my head when they're robbing the bank with remote control cars and ashtrays.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 469 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:38 am

Vamos wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Couldn't help but to resort to watching Malcolm on Netty last night, plain simple but funny

Love it. Always get that jingle stuck in my head when they're robbing the bank with remote control cars and ashtrays.

It's just entered my scone.

do do do do, do bop
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Vamos » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Vamos wrote:

do do do do, do bop

:lol: :lol:
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:37 am

Vamos wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Vamos wrote:

do do do do, do bop

:lol: :lol:

Completely coincidentally I re-watched Malcolm on Netflix last week, introducing junior Pseudo to it ... then I looked up the bank-robbing music
on spotify 'coz I couldn't get it out of my head. :shock:

Penguin Cafe Orchestra, "Telephone and Rubber Band". You're welcome.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Vamos » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:49 pm

Haha brilliant, haven't seen the movie in donkeys but never forget that part of the film. " Hands up you arseholes"
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Kahuna » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Kev - was one of my favourites early on but has degenerated into a buffoon. Don't like it.
Svetlana - my favourite character, sorry Immigration got her, hopefully comes back.
V - Great cans.

You seem to motoring through them, they get a bit mundane around that period.

That love triangle was classical.

Kev gets more air time in the last season or two.

I love Frank's philosophies, it's like he actually believes himself with the woft that falls out of his gob. It's funny how most of the shows highlights involved Frank.

I have just finished the last episode of Shameless and was surprised at how touched I was by it as I had lost interest in most of the characters. Nice tie up and the best episode for many seasons. Overall I enjoyed the show but I think it went several seasons too long. Plot lines got less and less believable and the show looked cheaper and cheaper as time went on.

The "glamorous Deb" just didn't work at all for me and I couldn't have cared if she left the show.
Fiona left a big hole (so to speak) and I have a feeling she may have also left a sinking ship.
Lip's story meandered nowhere really.
Carl the cop was just laughable as was the military school and police squad BS. He added nothing.
Ian,I always thought was a bit creepy and I didn't have much interest in his story although Mickey became more interesting as the show went on. I think he was a little deeper than the shallow thug he first appeared to be.
Liam ended up adding a bit of humanity, showing he cared about Frank where the others would not. I like to think he saw Frank sitting on the stool at the end.
Kev and V were solid characters although I didn't like how Kev was dumbed down and certainly not happy that it looks like V had a no nudity clause added to her contract for the last couple of series.
Of the minor characters, Kermit and Tommy added some value in the bar and could have been used more with a bit of back story. Monica, as a lost hippy past her prime was good. Milkoviches had their moments.
I am still not sure what to make of Frank. A great character with no morality on the surface, who however did love his family but too weak to see past his addictions and needs. Maybe imprinted his apparent indifference on his family and reaped what he sowed.

Overall a good not great show. Maybe moralised a bit too much and got bogged down more than a little bit but pleased I watched it.

Edit: Incidentally the actor who plays Lip appears in a show called "The Bear". I think 6 parts of only 30 minutes each. Worth looking for.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:40 pm

Last cab to Darwin
Probably the most underrated Aussie movie in history
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby DOC » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:10 am

Great film.

I have enjoyed most things Michael Caton has done from Uncle Harry in the Sullivans through to the kit kat ads.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:04 pm

DOC wrote:Great film.

I have enjoyed most things Michael Caton has done from Uncle Harry in the Sullivans through to the kit kat ads.

Have you seen Rams?
I got Amazon Prime just to watch it after watching 1/2 of it on a plane to Melbourne
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:49 pm

No. Just watched the trailer. My kind of film.
DOC
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:00 pm

[code][/code]
Kahuna wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Kev - was one of my favourites early on but has degenerated into a buffoon. Don't like it.
Svetlana - my favourite character, sorry Immigration got her, hopefully comes back.
V - Great cans.

I love Frank's philosophies, it's like he actually believes himself with the woft that falls out of his gob. It's funny how most of the shows highlights involved Frank.

I have just finished the last episode of Shameless and was surprised at how touched I was by it as I had lost interest in most of the characters. Nice tie up and the best episode for many seasons. Overall I enjoyed the show but I think it went several seasons too long. Plot lines got less and less believable and the show looked cheaper and cheaper as time went on.

The "glamorous Deb" just didn't work at all for me and I couldn't have cared if she left the show.
Fiona left a big hole (so to speak) and I have a feeling she may have also left a sinking ship.
Carl the cop was just laughable as was the military school and police squad BS. He added nothing.
Ian,I always thought was a bit creepy and I didn't have much interest in his story although Mickey became more interesting as the show went on. I think he was a little deeper than the shallow thug he first appeared to be.
Liam ended up adding a bit of humanity, showing he cared about Frank where the others would not. I like to think he saw Frank sitting on the stool at the end.
Kev and V were solid characters although I didn't like how Kev was dumbed down and certainly not happy that it looks like V had a no nudity clause added to her contract for the last couple of series.
Of the minor characters, Kermit and Tommy added some value in the bar and could have been used more with a bit of back story. Monica, as a lost hippy past her prime was good. Milkoviches had their moments.
I am still not sure what to make of Frank. A great character with no morality on the surface, who however did love his family but too weak to see past his addictions and needs. Maybe imprinted his apparent indifference on his family and reaped what he sowed.

Overall a good not great show. Maybe moralised a bit too much and got bogged down more than a little bit but pleased I watched it.

Edit: Incidentally the actor who plays Lip appears in a show called "The Bear". I think 6 parts of only 30 minutes each. Worth looking for.

Fair critique (although personally I thought the last season and episode were terrible, show pretty much would have fallen apart after Fiona left of not for Frank).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:35 pm

DOC wrote:No. Just watched the trailer. My kind of film.

Rams on Netflix now @DOC
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:25 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Rams on Netflix now @DOC

Just saw this post. Will watch it soonish. Thanks
DOC
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:36 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
V - Great cans.

I can't disagree with any of what you put down although Mickey just made me cringe every time he was on my screen, I just couldn't see how he was a tough guy.

Your analysis of Deb was spot on, became very unlikeable and Carl turning into a cop just made a mockery of the show.

Fiona turning rogue ruined the show and her leaving basically killed it off, I was hoping/expecting a return at some stage.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:54 pm

DOC wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Rams on Netflix now @DOC

Just saw this post. Will watch it soonish. Thanks

Watched it. Good film.

Followed it up with The Hitmans Bodyguard. Completely over the top unbelievable storyline. He (the Hitman) kills 40 people with 40 shots but in the dying (get it) scenes he needs 200 shots to get the villain. Late night red drinking film.

Started watching The Merger. Not sure I will finish it.
DOC
Coach

Postby Vamos » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:20 am

Not sure how much is dramatised but
Dahmer, deadset sicko :shock:
Milwaukee PD, deadset incompetent :shock:
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:34 pm

Vamos wrote:Not sure how much is dramatised but

Couldn't really get into the Dahmer series. Have watched a few doco's on him so knew the story fairly well. So for me the show was very slow and didnt really offer any surprises or any knew information for me.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 pm

whufc wrote:

Couldn't really get into the Dahmer series. Have watched a few doco's on him so knew the story fairly well. So for me the show was very slow and didnt really offer any surprises or any knew information for me.

Have you watched Mindhunter? That will get you in
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Vamos » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:54 pm

whufc wrote:

Like you said, was slow at times and helps if you're not too familiar with the background. I was like that with the series Dopesick on Disney after seeing the doco The Pharmacist on Netflix.
Vamos
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment