Page 56 of 58

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:21 am
by Pseudo
JK wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:finished both seasons of the umbrella academy... absolutely loved it...


Started Hoops... First ep was pretty funny


How good is the young lad that plays No. 5?? :shock: Plays the part with such authority which is needed given the characters background. Reckon he has big things ahead of him in his chosen field.

Just ploughed through the first five eps of umbrella academy this weekend. Reckon you're on the money with #5. He plays an adult stuck in a kids body so well. I quite enjoy the Vanya character myself; got a very "girl next door" vibe about her. Klaus ain't bad either, though a young Johnny Depp might have played it equally well. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:56 am
by JK
Pseudo wrote:
JK wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:finished both seasons of the umbrella academy... absolutely loved it...


Started Hoops... First ep was pretty funny


How good is the young lad that plays No. 5?? :shock: Plays the part with such authority which is needed given the characters background. Reckon he has big things ahead of him in his chosen field.

Just ploughed through the first five eps of umbrella academy this weekend. Reckon you're on the money with #5. He plays an adult stuck in a kids body so well. I quite enjoy the Vanya character myself; got a very "girl next door" vibe about her. Klaus ain't bad either, though a young Johnny Depp might have played it equally well. Looking forward to the rest of the series.


Yeah the cast is really good - The big doofus can be annoying early but he has a few good dry one liners the longer it goes on. I was slow to pick the show up and really only gave it a go because the missus and kids nagged me into it, but I'm missing it pretty badly now lol.

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:24 pm
by mighty_tiger_79
Saw 3 solid movies today

Just Mercy

Richard Jewell- directed by Clint Eastwood and I do enjoy movies he directs

Marshall

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:22 am
by Magellan
Watched "The Social Dilemma' last night - ******* terrifying, and for that reason it's important viewing.

You know that social media is a corrupting force when the tech boffins who formerly worked in the upper levels of Facebook and Google say things like 'I don't let my kids access social media.'

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:30 am
by woodublieve12
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Saw 3 solid movies today

Just Mercy

Richard Jewell- directed by Clint Eastwood and I do enjoy movies he directs

Marshall


Watched Just mercy on the weekend. Thought it was really good

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:37 am
by mighty_tiger_79
woodublieve12 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Saw 3 solid movies today

Just Mercy

Richard Jewell- directed by Clint Eastwood and I do enjoy movies he directs

Marshall


Watched Just mercy on the weekend. Thought it was really good
Yep, I enjoyed all 3 of those.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:56 am
by Jimmy_041
Watched Richard Jewell yesterday

Worth watching

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:11 pm
by Jimmy_041
Enjoyed Unabomber

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:16 pm
by Jimmy_041
Grown Ups
If you happen to come across this, consider those activities you’ve been putting off:
Vasectomy
Root Canal
Cleaning out the shed
Tongue kissing the M in L

All the actors from Waterboy without the humour

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:16 pm
by Mr Beefy
It's a struggle finding decent shows now. Watching Harlots on Stan at the moment...watched Ratchet recently. Both okay but not great

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:50 am
by woodublieve12
Watched American Murder - The Family Next Door...

What a horrible story but worth a look

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 am
by Mr Beefy
woodublieve12 wrote:Watched American Murder - The Family Next Door...

What a horrible story but worth a look

Yeah what an arsehole

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:50 am
by Bum Crack
Mr Beefy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Watched American Murder - The Family Next Door...

What a horrible story but worth a look

Yeah what an arsehole

Yeah he sure was.

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 am
by gadj1976
I watched "Abducted in Plain Sight" last night.

Un-believable! I kept looking at these people and saying to myself 'how gullible are you'???

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:13 am
by woodublieve12
gadj1976 wrote:I watched "Abducted in Plain Sight" last night.

Un-believable! I kept looking at these people and saying to myself 'how gullible are you'???


is that the one with the next door neighbour?

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:36 pm
by JK
Eldest and the missus got onto "To The Lake", kinda like a Russian "Walking Dead" with some seriously hot rusky vixens who still find time in a pandemic to get their delightful assets out. You go girls! :D

I don't normally do dubbed shows, but don't mind this one more for the Russian terrain and the impeccably shot scenes against that backdrop (lighting is fantastic). Some of the voices (actually, probably most of them lol) don't seem right but it's been an entertaining enough ride thus far.

Has the eerie feel you get when first watching the likes of TWD or the Handsmaid Tale, however if you're familiar with those types of shows that eerie feeling passes fairly quickly.

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:17 pm
by Jimmy_041
JK wrote:Eldest and the missus got onto "To The Lake", kinda like a Russian "Walking Dead" with some seriously hot rusky vixens who still find time in a pandemic to get their delightful assets out. You go girls! :D

I don't normally do dubbed shows, but don't mind this one more for the Russian terrain and the impeccably shot scenes against that backdrop (lighting is fantastic). Some of the voices (actually, probably most of them lol) don't seem right but it's been an entertaining enough ride thus far.

Has the eerie feel you get when first watching the likes of TWD or the Handsmaid Tale, however if you're familiar with those types of shows that eerie feeling passes fairly quickly.


Tonight

Beer + Popcorn.jpeg
Beer + Popcorn.jpeg (12.52 KiB) Viewed 276 times

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:18 am
by gadj1976
woodublieve12 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:I watched "Abducted in Plain Sight" last night.

Un-believable! I kept looking at these people and saying to myself 'how gullible are you'???


is that the one with the next door neighbour?


Yep sure is.

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:12 pm
by Jimmy_041
I watching two good series yesterday

The Queen's Gambit - dark but captivating. Forget its sort of about chess unless you like chess.
Barbarians - Germanians v Romans. Good old blood & guts. Just what you need with a hangover

Recommend both.

Re: Netflix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:12 pm
by Footy Chick
Not Netflix but 7+

Necessary Roughness

A shrink gets divorced and decides to take up a job at a NFL club, namely looking after their star wide receiver who's an absolute nutbag.

I can't believe this show only went for 3 seasons, it's great!