Long-term ramifications for Bombers

Talk on the national game

Postby Sinbad » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:05 pm

Dog_ger wrote:There's too many Melbourne based clubs in our National competition..!

There's too many Adelaide clubs in it, 2 too many! :lol:
Sinbad
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby David Votoupal » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:21 pm

I don't think people should find any reason to hate Sydney, if anything they should love us because we help spread the game up north!
David Votoupal
Rookie

Postby stan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:35 pm

Im just not a fan of the major flood. Tagging is just part of the game, and thats fine. But the super flood. ehhh
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:05 pm

I can remember a few years back now, everyone was saying how strong and how much depth the bombers had. Sure times look lean for Essendon..? The bombers will be back one day soon. Sheeds is smarter than a fox..! He's been around longer than anyone. Watch for his trap....!
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:15 pm

Sinbad wrote:Aside from Murphy and Allan who did we top up with?
As for the Geelong/St.Kilda youth project team, it hasn't actually come to fruition yet and with the 2 clubs in a similar position I wouldn't be surprised if at least 1, if not both, didn't get a flag out of it which will be a massive blow to their long suffering fans.

Damien Cupido, Paul Salmon, (arguably) McPhee..every time you bring in an experienced player you are denying your club a youngster. While it is not that many players numerically, it represents a lot of 'development' games that could have gone into a Stanton, Monfries, or Laycock. Along with the players mentioned above you also hung on to Misiti and Mecuri for longer than you should have (with the excellent 20/20 vision provided by Hindsight of course) and again this keeps your club in the middle bracket.

So if any 'punishing' has gone on for Essendon remaining in the middle bracket, then that punishmet has been self-inflicted.

As for your comment about the Saints and Cats, you are absolutely spot on. If we don't get a flag then we have endured some very ordinary years for no return.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby David Votoupal » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:18 pm

stan wrote:Im just not a fan of the major flood. Tagging is just part of the game, and thats fine. But the super flood. ehhh

Don't get me wrong here. I hate the flooding, and negative tactics in any sport for that matter. I'd like to see my boys play a much more open game next year.

I was just saying that a successful Swans is good for the game here in Sydney's highly competitive market.
David Votoupal
Rookie

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:31 pm

David Votoupal wrote:I don't think people should find any reason to hate Sydney, if anything they should love us because we help spread the game up north!

Here's a few

1. My mob (Geelong) have played the Swines 7 times this decade, just ONCE at Cat Park, where is our next match? Surprise surprise in Sydney!
2. We can't compete with the former salary cap you used to have..the kind of cap that would have made a bloke like, I don't know, say Nick Davis available to your club.
3. 1 SECOND!!! I still have nightmares about that match.
4. You won the flag. For a bloke who has waited his whole life for what you have experienced, that is reason enough. If you don't understand this fact, then I'd suggest you haven't followed footy all that long (either that or you are just an extremely mellow bloke..unlike myself ha ha)
5. How can you like a frigging club that 'Shakes down the thunder from the sky'...it's an SA thing..sorry!
6. Warrick Capper. Your club failed to kill him after he retired. Jolly bad show.
7. You aren't spreading anything up there. If you don't win the Swines will be dropped faster than Casey Donovan. The team that is really spreading the game up north is the Gorillas.
8. You lose to the Cows at home. Useless buggers but you beat us! GRRRRRR.
9. The flood. FFS, you've got a good team so why Roosy why?
10. Jim Friggin Main

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:27 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
As for the Geelong/St.Kilda youth project team, it hasn't actually come to fruition yet and with the 2 clubs in a similar position I wouldn't be surprised if at least 1, if not both, didn't get a flag out of it which will be a massive blow to their long suffering fans.

Damien Cupido, Paul Salmon, (arguably) McPhee..every time you bring in an experienced player you are denying your club a youngster. While it is not that many players numerically, it represents a lot of 'development' games that could have gone into a Stanton, Monfries, or Laycock. Along with the players mentioned above you also hung on to Misiti and Mecuri for longer than you should have (with the excellent 20/20 vision provided by Hindsight of course) and again this keeps your club in the middle bracket.

So if any 'punishing' has gone on for Essendon remaining in the middle bracket, then that punishmet has been self-inflicted.

As for your comment about the Saints and Cats, you are absolutely spot on. If we don't get a flag then we have endured some very ordinary years for no return.

regards,

REB

Glad you put the "arguably" part in there RikkeBoy ... IMHO McPhee is brownlow material if he can stay fit for a full season and still with plenty of years ahead of him ...
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Sinbad » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:38 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

But McPhee was traded for when he was only 20 years old and is now an All Australian and is now only 23, will be a high quality backman in the league for years to come. Essendon should be praised for that bargain. Cupido was the same age when we got him at the same time, they weren't older guys who were holding the kids back.
Sinbad
Mini-League

Postby stan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:52 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Glad you put the "arguably" part in there RikkeBoy ... IMHO McPhee is brownlow material if he can stay fit for a full season and still with plenty of years ahead of him ...

Cp have you been drinking again?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby GWW » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:49 pm

David Votoupal wrote:I don't think people should find any reason to hate Sydney, if anything they should love us because we help spread the game up north!

Theres no way i could ever like the Swans, in fact i detest everything they represent.....aritificial assistance to clubs in Northern states.....which has led to premierships for both the Swans and Lions....ie Salary Cap bonuses, recruiting concessions etc.....lets face it the Swans only made the 96 Grand final because they were given Maxfield, Roos, and Lockett!!
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:21 am

McPhee BROWNLOW MATERIAL...Oh Dear, even Popeye didn't say that. GOLD. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby TigerBoss » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:15 am

McPhee's a handy player...most sides would have him, but his season last year resembled the Freo Dockers of the past decade...up for a bit...then down for a bigger bit.
Is 2009 the year of the Tiger?
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Lock

Postby JK » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:47 am

Think you'll find injuries played a fair part in that TB ... I'll stand by my call, that at his best I think he has THAT much talent!!

And no Stanley, haven't touched a drop since about 3am!!
JK
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:44 pm

Get back on the grog Connie...McPhee pffffft.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:54 pm

LOL well I'd hate to disappoint, so here's mud in yer eye! :wink:
JK
Coach

Postby TigerBoss » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 pm

I know Richmond could do with Adam McPhee.

Our backline looks likely to be bolstered by that other "unreliable" Bowden.

Oh dear...2 Bowden's in one side.

TB to have a heart-attack in 2006.
Is 2009 the year of the Tiger?
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Lock

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL