2019 Silly Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Hawks interested in Sam Frost, please just no!!
Who's our BITCH
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8846
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1645 times
Been liked: 1193 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:55 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:The Daniher story is definitely starting to look like it may happen now. I’m not confident of him staying at all any more

Yeah once Merrett I think it was commented on it today I thought yep he's gone. Buddy on 1.3 next year, youd assume Daniher aint going for less than 1, doesn't leave much room for anyone else, no wonder theyre lobbying for COLA again.

They would probably need to back end Daniher’s contract as Heeney is on a stack I think
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39900
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1053 times
Been liked: 2378 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:18 am

MatteeG wrote:
Jim05 wrote:The Daniher story is definitely starting to look like it may happen now. I’m not confident of him staying at all any more


Looking slim. You'd hope to fleece Sydney somewhat if he goes.


I'll say it again, how much is a bloke worth who hasn't played much the past 2 season???

I am not terribly keen on it, but at his best he can be very good.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:29 am

Rucci suggested Frampton to Adelaide
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 31503
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2169 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:31 am

Brodlach wrote:Rucci suggested Frampton to Adelaide


So he can play behind Walker, Himmelberg, Fogarty and O'Brien? ( Assuming Jacobs and Jenkins leave ).
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44394
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4236 times
Been liked: 7119 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby MW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:31 am

Brodlach wrote:Rucci suggested Frampton to Adelaide


Don't we already have a player that is average in ruck and forward line?
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9469
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 1368 times
Been liked: 1137 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:41 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:
Jim05 wrote:The Daniher story is definitely starting to look like it may happen now. I’m not confident of him staying at all any more


Looking slim. You'd hope to fleece Sydney somewhat if he goes.


I'll say it again, how much is a bloke worth who hasn't played much the past 2 season???

I am not terribly keen on it, but at his best he can be very good.

Currently worth a top 10 pick and a perhaps a shuffle of second rounders in our favour. If he can back to 2017 form he would be worth two firsts. Swans would be making sure his medical comes back ok or it’s a big risk.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39900
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1053 times
Been liked: 2378 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:44 am

Not someone I’d be chasing at all

Would be fourth in line at least at Port as the ruckman. Might be a better option than Hunter who is list clogging
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 31503
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2169 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 am

Brodlach wrote:Not someone I’d be chasing at all

Would be fourth in line at least at Port as the ruckman. Might be a better option than Hunter who is list clogging


Hunter will surely be delisted.

Frampton has played as the key forward since mid last year, he's fwd/ruck now.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44394
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4236 times
Been liked: 7119 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby LMA » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 am

Brodlach wrote:Rucci suggested Frampton to Adelaide


Frampton and Fogarty, Oh the Thuggery!
User avatar
LMA
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5000
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 pm
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 454 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am

Goldstein signs on with North Melbourne...bad luck Cats.
Inaugural JK Cup Winner 2018
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 810 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:23 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Goldstein signs on with North Melbourne...bad luck Cats.

3 years for a ruckman turning 32 next year is a bit too much but I guess that’s what you have to pay to keep quality players
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39900
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1053 times
Been liked: 2378 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby JK » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:42 am

Lol Read some cracking trade ideas from supporters this time of year. One I read this morning a Port bloke thought Ryder and SPP for Fantasia and Francis was a fair deal.
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 34467
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2797 times
Been liked: 2074 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby MW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:44 am

Jim05 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Goldstein signs on with North Melbourne...bad luck Cats.

3 years for a ruckman turning 32 next year is a bit too much but I guess that’s what you have to pay to keep quality players


Ridiculous deal considering how quickly ruck men fall away in their 30's.
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9469
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 1368 times
Been liked: 1137 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:49 am

JK wrote:Lol Read some cracking trade ideas from supporters this time of year. One I read this morning a Port bloke thought Ryder and SPP for Fantasia and Francis was a fair deal.


It is. 8)
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44394
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4236 times
Been liked: 7119 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:51 am

MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Goldstein signs on with North Melbourne...bad luck Cats.

3 years for a ruckman turning 32 next year is a bit too much but I guess that’s what you have to pay to keep quality players


Ridiculous deal considering how quickly ruck men fall away in their 30's.


North been had there.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44394
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4236 times
Been liked: 7119 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:51 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:Lol Read some cracking trade ideas from supporters this time of year. One I read this morning a Port bloke thought Ryder and SPP for Fantasia and Francis was a fair deal.


It is. 8)

We already have a bunch of blokes who butcher the ball, don’t know why we would want to add SPP
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39900
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1053 times
Been liked: 2378 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby MW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Dwayne Russell reckons Laird out for a top 10 pick. Unusual to hear words other than "Kenny" come out of his mouth.
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9469
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 1368 times
Been liked: 1137 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:18 pm

MW wrote:Dwayne Russell reckons Laird out for a top 10 pick. Unusual to hear words other than "Kenny" come out of his mouth.


How dare you heap anything but praise upon the Raging Bull. How dare you.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44394
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4236 times
Been liked: 7119 times

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Seems like Daniher is a certainty for the swans :roll:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2630 times
Been liked: 2011 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests