Carlton

Talk on the national game

Re: Carlton

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:54 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:So we finished up getting Martin and Newnes for nothing, Betts, Pittonet and then added Kemp, Philp, Ramsay and Honey.

Can't complain!

I was desperate for Port to nab this bloke with our Bergman pick - has all the traits to be an outright star.

My only solace right now, is the fact that Gawn aside (no one else comes to mind), no player who has done an ACL at junior level has gone on to become a star at AFL level.

I thought Joel Selwood did an ACL the year before he was drafted.? He goes ok

na he just had a dodgy knee, wasn't an ACL
Im sure there is one though, cant remember who. Chris Grant?
Who's our BITCH
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 1676 times
Been liked: 1220 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Tiger83 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:14 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:So we finished up getting Martin and Newnes for nothing, Betts, Pittonet and then added Kemp, Philp, Ramsay and Honey.

Can't complain!

I was desperate for Port to nab this bloke with our Bergman pick - has all the traits to be an outright star.

My only solace right now, is the fact that Gawn aside (no one else comes to mind), no player who has done an ACL at junior level has gone on to become a star at AFL level.

I thought Joel Selwood did an ACL the year before he was drafted.? He goes ok

na he just had a dodgy knee, wasn't an ACL
Im sure there is one though, cant remember who. Chris Grant?

Ben Rutten did an ACL at u18 level. Pretty handy footballer..
Tiger83
Under 16s

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:21 pm

valleys07 wrote:

Can't complain!

Good thought provoking point that one. Max King obviously is the one that may prove you wrong but you're right, more often than not it does limit them to an extent. Mind you, thankfully not all kids have done ACL's either.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 436 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL