2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Talk on the national game

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Gozu » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:48 pm

heater31 wrote:Greenwood has previous form....from memory he walked away from a NBL contract (Perth Wildcats??) to take up footy!


That's correct he was a good college level basketball player in the US put his name in the NBA Draft went undrafted so came back here and signed a 3 year contract with the Perth Wildcats and then quit during training camp to take up a contract offer from the Crows.

Supposedly footy was always his first love and when he realised NBA was unlikely in his future nor likely to ever play for the Boomers at Olympic or WC level decided to walk out on Perth. I remember when he was playing in college he was a devout Christian and had tickets on himself.

On his AFL salary I too heard his deal with NM was for $500K a year not sure why some are arcing up about when $400K a year is supposedly the average wage in the AFL, he's a bit better than average so fair price.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
User avatar
Gozu
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12794
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:35 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 615 times

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:22 pm

How piss weak are North and GWS not bidding on Daicos
User avatar
Armchair expert
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 596 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 pm

Armchair expert wrote:How piss weak are North and GWS not bidding on Daicos

Disagree on North. Doesn't the number 1 pick get a cash bonus of $10 or $20k. North did the right thing by Horne-Francis.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 425 times

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:42 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:How piss weak are North and GWS not bidding on Daicos

Disagree on North. Doesn't the number 1 pick get a cash bonus of $10 or $20k. North did the right thing by Horne-Francis.


Drop in the bucket
User avatar
Armchair expert
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 596 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:58 pm

Port trade up 2 spots

and it costs them next year 2nd rounder
User avatar
Armchair expert
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 596 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Jim05 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:59 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Port trade up 2 spots

and it costs them next year 2nd rounder
Sinn looks quality though
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44373
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1115 times
Been liked: 3010 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:00 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Port trade up 2 spots

and it costs them next year 2nd rounder
Sinn looks quality though

Really means Essendon were going to pick him
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39228
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3013 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Jim05 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:03 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Port trade up 2 spots

and it costs them next year 2nd rounder
Sinn looks quality though

Really means Essendon were going to pick him
Yep, we were super keen on NWM and Sinn.
Happy with Hobbs though
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44373
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1115 times
Been liked: 3010 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:13 pm

People aren't watching this surely?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 51259
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 10081 times
Been liked: 2837 times

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:14 pm

Darcy Wilmont :lol: :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39228
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3013 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:36 pm

Swans get another Warner :heart: :heart: :heart:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16471
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2896 times
Been liked: 2235 times

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:09 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:People aren't watching this surely?


I can understand why you're not interested. Your next crop of players is in their late 20's and playing for other teams. For us, it's exciting to see the next crop of players come through who can make an impact straight away.

BTW, one of the lads from our junior club got drafted to Geelong last night - really happy for him but I doubt he'll get a game :D
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 333 times
Been liked: 558 times

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:20 am

gadj1976 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:People aren't watching this surely?


I can understand why you're not interested. Your next crop of players is in their late 20's and playing for other teams. For us, it's exciting to see the next crop of players come through who can make an impact straight away.

BTW, one of the lads from our junior club got drafted to Geelong last night - really happy for him but I doubt he'll get a game :D

Willis?

SA was pretty well represented last night, some of the weight vs height numbers are astounding.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 45837
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3675 times
Been liked: 6429 times

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:People aren't watching this surely?


I can understand why you're not interested. Your next crop of players is in their late 20's and playing for other teams. For us, it's exciting to see the next crop of players come through who can make an impact straight away.

BTW, one of the lads from our junior club got drafted to Geelong last night - really happy for him but I doubt he'll get a game :D

Willis?

SA was pretty well represented last night, some of the weight vs height numbers are astounding.


Yeh. I can't see him breaking into that side straight away which is unfortunate.
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 333 times
Been liked: 558 times

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby Vamos » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:43 am

Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Port trade up 2 spots

and it costs them next year 2nd rounder
Sinn looks quality though


Can see it now "Sinndesmosis"
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
Member
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:55 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby RB » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:50 am

Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Port trade up 2 spots

and it costs them next year 2nd rounder
Sinn looks quality though
Could be a future Vice captain I reckon.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 755 times

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:17 am

gadj1976 wrote:BTW, one of the lads from our junior club got drafted to Geelong last night - really happy for him but I doubt he'll get a game :D

I can remember watching James run around at Ingle Farm in the lower junior grades up until around U13's when his family left - was a clear stand out.. strange really to think he's been drafted, makes me feel real old. :lol:

Also remember his sisters were not bad looking, and his mum was a bit of a MILF - used to always lean against the pool table in her tight jeans :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14158
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 3002 times
Been liked: 3398 times

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 am

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Port trade up 2 spots

and it costs them next year 2nd rounder
Sinn looks quality though
Could be a future Vice captain I reckon.


Odd that the Saints passed on him and went for a Sth Aussie kid. Sinn was the metro captain (I think), so that's a big risk in my mind. Also, it would've enabled the "Saints and Sinners" pun but it's not to be!
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 333 times
Been liked: 558 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests