Hawthorn 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Hawthorn 2016

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 26, 2016 12:08 am

carey wrote:If Hill worked for Telstra would they penalize him? No.

i certainly would. and a lot of employers would have codes of conduct which may allow them to act if someone gets convicted of a crime
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Thu May 26, 2016 8:33 am

bennymacca wrote:
carey wrote:If Hill worked for Telstra would they penalize him? No.

i certainly would. and a lot of employers would have codes of conduct which may allow them to act if someone gets convicted of a crime

Is he convicted?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2653 times
Been liked: 1881 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 26, 2016 8:42 am

No not yet.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Thu May 26, 2016 8:46 am

bennymacca wrote:No not yet.

That's what I thought. No point hanging a guy when they haven't been proven guilty
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2653 times
Been liked: 1881 times

Postby stan » Thu May 26, 2016 8:56 am

MW wrote:

That's what I thought. No point hanging a guy when they haven't been proven guilty

That would be a change around herr wouldn't it.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 27, 2016 4:57 pm

MW wrote:

No point hanging a guy when they play for Hawthorn. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1824 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Any other Hawks fans watch the game yesty?
Im not worried about our older guys going on next year, theyre all good, its Birchall that concerns me, he was slow in both movement and decision making yesterday. If that doesnt improve id be moving him on. Im hoping it was just a once off and his mind wasnt on the job with getting up for a game against Brisbane
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2437 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Corona Man » Sun May 29, 2016 4:13 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Any other Hawks fans watch the game yesty?
Im not worried about our older guys going on next year, theyre all good, its Birchall that concerns me, he was slow in both movement and decision making yesterday. If that doesnt improve id be moving him on. Im hoping it was just a once off and his mind wasnt on the job with getting up for a game against Brisbane

Didn't see any of it. Not one kick. Noted Hawks were behind every time I checked scores in first half. Then kicked away in last quarter. Better than losing but I would like to see a 4 quarter effort. Only had 1 of them to date this season. I have faith in the coaching staff that we are still building into the season. So hopefully after the mid season break we see something closer to what we have been used to in recent years. Otherwise I think we could be done. Mind you Geelong about to loose, North yet to be tested, GWS exposed away from home. The season is still wide open. Sydney looking like the ones to beat...which IIRC was your tip about 10 weeks ago. Birchall will be fine, anyone can have a shit day.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1285 times
Been liked: 3503 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Corona Man wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Any other Hawks fans watch the game yesty?

Didn't see any of it. Not one kick. Noted Hawks were behind every time I checked scores in first half. Then kicked away in last quarter. Better than losing but I would like to see a 4 quarter effort. Only had 1 of them to date this season. I have faith in the coaching staff that we are still building into the season. So hopefully after the mid season break we see something closer to what we have been used to in recent years. Otherwise I think we could be done. Mind you Geelong about to loose, North yet to be tested, GWS exposed away from home. The season is still wide open. Sydney looking like the ones to beat...which IIRC was your tip about 10 weeks ago. Birchall will be fine, anyone can have a shit day.

As i said hoping it was just a shit day for him but the signs were there.
Reckon I said lets just play the Sydney-Hawthorn GF now. Still think Sydney will be there but unfortunately without Roughy it will take a miracle for us to be there. It may end up being like 07, Sydney pumping whoever is unlucky enough to make the Grand Final
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sun May 29, 2016 4:33 pm

How old is Birchall? I reckon they will Tap Burgoyne on the shoulder at seasons end. Been and still is a damn good player but the clock is ticking. I will take a bit more notice next week of Birchall and let you know what I think... Im just a mug follower though!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Sun May 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Corona Man wrote:How old is Birchall? I reckon they will Tap Burgoyne on the shoulder at seasons end. Been and still is a damn good player but the clock is ticking. I will take a bit more notice next week of Birchall and let you know what I think... Im just a mug follower though!

If you want to get O'Meara someone else will have to go as well.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 675 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun May 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Corona Man wrote:How old is Birchall? I reckon they will Tap Burgoyne on the shoulder at seasons end. Been and still is a damn good player but the clock is ticking. I will take a bit more notice next week of Birchall and let you know what I think... Im just a mug follower though!

Age aside.......Burgoyne is still in their top 5 players surely?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2242 times
Been liked: 2544 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Reckon he is only 28. We could give Gold Coast our 1st pick plus Birchall for Prestia or O'Meara, i would prefer Prestia given O'Meara's injury woes although same could be said about Burger. Interestingh Burger will end up with more games for the Hawks than Port, who wouldve thought that when we recruited him
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sun May 29, 2016 4:48 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Reckon he is only 28. We could give Gold Coast our 1st pick plus Birchall for Prestia or O'Meara, i would prefer Prestia given O'Meara's injury woes although same could be said about Burger. Interestingh Burger will end up with more games for the Hawks than Port, who wouldve thought that when we recruited him

I've got to be honest I wasn't a wrap for silk when he came to us. He's made me eat my words, and not for the first time. We need to replace some old boys in the mid field. For me we go free agency see who's out there.. Heppell would have been perfect!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:55 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

You will end up with O'Meara.
I know we are chasing Prestia very hard and he is a good chance of ending up with us
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3571 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby CoverKing » Mon May 30, 2016 1:53 am

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

You will end up with O'Meara.
I know we are chasing Prestia very hard and he is a good chance of ending up with us

Prestia will sign for the Demons. His dad is a major sponsor there, he grew up supporting them aswell. Can't see him playing anywhere else. If he does, I hope it's the Tigers. I rate him very highly
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Booney » Tue May 31, 2016 10:22 am

HAWTHORN star Jarryd Roughead will undergo immunotherapy treatment over the next year to treat his cancer.

Roughead's melanoma, which first appeared on his lip last season and forced him to miss two games, has returned and spread internally.

Roughead has four small spots on his lung and a biopsy last week confirmed a diagnosis of melanoma.
The advantages of Roughead's treatment is he won't have to undergo chemotherapy and suffer those side effects.

The 29-year-old will start treatment next week, which will go of 12 months.

"When the news hit two weeks ago it was shock and I didn't really believe it," Roughead said.

"Now we've had the biopsy and seen the doctors it was 'Righto, let's get going'."

Roughead said he would remain around the football club and travel with his teammates this season as he undergoes his treatment.

"I'm not feeling down at the moment, because I know what I have to do. It's not like I'm going anywhere," Roughead said.
Roughead said he had heard rumours of his retirement, but said he hasn't given away his football career.
"I'm 29 and I've got two-and-a-half years on my deal," he sa
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7541 times
Been liked: 10868 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:32 am

Booney wrote:HAWTHORN star Jarryd Roughead will undergo immunotherapy treatment over the next year to treat his cancer.

Roughead's melanoma, which first appeared on his lip last season and forced him to miss two games, has returned and spread internally.

Roughead has four small spots on his lung and a biopsy last week confirmed a diagnosis of melanoma.
The advantages of Roughead's treatment is he won't have to undergo chemotherapy and suffer those side effects.

The 29-year-old will start treatment next week, which will go of 12 months.

"When the news hit two weeks ago it was shock and I didn't really believe it," Roughead said.

"Now we've had the biopsy and seen the doctors it was 'Righto, let's get going'."

Roughead said he would remain around the football club and travel with his teammates this season as he undergoes his treatment.

"I'm not feeling down at the moment, because I know what I have to do. It's not like I'm going anywhere," Roughead said.
Roughead said he had heard rumours of his retirement, but said he hasn't given away his football career.
"I'm 29 and I've got two-and-a-half years on my deal," he sa

Best of luck to the big fella. I reckon everyone from every supporter base is in his corner.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Hill in more trouble. Driving while suspended. He'll be given a bonus by the Hawks football department
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby stan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:18 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Hill in more trouble. Driving while suspended. He'll be given a bonus by the Hawks football department

Hes really going well at the moment.

#familyclub
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL