Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:23 am

morell wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:There was 38k in the same time slot for the Power last Month.

Disappointing crowd, I thought 35k would have been a pass mark.

When I got there and saw behind the Northern goals had zero Lions flags or people in that bay ( the visiting cheer squad ) I thought that's about 1-2k we'll be down, 2-3k still kicking around in the parks around Adelaide and no real traveling support or local support for the visitors compared to the Eagles a month ago.

Please stop being so sensible. This is not the time or place for it.

But yeah. I obviously can't go as I am masquerading as a footballer still. The people I go with are in the same boat. Port have a higher percentage of males aged 18 to 40 I believe, so Saturday time slots would affect us more than say, Adelaide, who have a slightly older demographic.

So whilst it's a disappointing crowd, the are some understandable and simple reasons for it.

Crows don't have a single Saturday arvo game.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby morell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:28 am

Yeah right, that's curious. Was that a request?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 am

morell wrote:Yeah right, that's curious. Was that a request?

I believe so, but not 100% sure.

Certainly makes sense given what you are talking about. Personally, I dont like afternoon timeslots at all. My son isnt old enough to come to the footy with me yet though, so that may change. But i wouldnt be against permanent thursday night games and no saturday afternoon games - leave that timeslot for the local footy. I doubt it would rate that well either so the TV networks wouldnt care.

I dont like sunday twilight games either but even that is still better than a saturday arvo game imo
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am

bennymacca wrote:
morell wrote:Yeah right, that's curious. Was that a request?

I believe so, but not 100% sure.

Certainly makes sense given what you are talking about. Personally, I dont like afternoon timeslots at all. My son isnt old enough to come to the footy with me yet though, so that may change. But i wouldnt be against permanent thursday night games and no saturday afternoon games - leave that timeslot for the local footy. I doubt it would rate that well either so the TV networks wouldnt care.

I dont like sunday twilight games either but even that is still better than a saturday arvo game imo

Then your son would be up all hours on a school night attending a Thursday night fixture, I'm not a Thursday night footy fan for the lateness, fantasy footy, tipping comps and I'm a bit of a traditionalist as far as footy being played on the weekends, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I can understand why it is popular.

I personally love the Sunday twilight game, eating my spit roast while half paying attention to the score and then watching the arse end of the game with a glass of red to wrap up the weekend is appealing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8068 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 am

Going to the footy would be an acceptable reason for being up on a school night in my eyes :D

It does make fantasy footy a little more difficult but even though I am a fantasy fanatic its still something that is manageable.

Looking forward to smashing hawthorn this thursday :D

Sunday twilight is fine for watching at home but I dont rate it for attendance reasons.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:58 am

bennymacca wrote:Going to the footy would be an acceptable reason for being up on a school night in my eyes :D

It does make fantasy footy a little more difficult but even though I am a fantasy fanatic its still something that is manageable.

Looking forward to smashing hawthorn this thursday :D

Sunday twilight is fine for watching at home but I dont rate it for attendance reasons.

Each to their own, I'm sure you will have a decent win this week.

Yeah, I understand the watching vs attending point of view, I've felt rushed and out of whack when I've attended a Sunday twilight fixture.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:46 am

morell - how did you view Neade's game on the weekend?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4124 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:52 am

Zartan wrote:morell - how did you view Neade's game on the weekend?

From his lounge.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:58 am

Following on from discussions here last week, how did Howard go in the SANFL on the weekend? I heard that Eddy went alright, would he be close to selection, or was the Power attack alright on Sat night?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3012 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:09 pm

JK wrote:Following on from discussions here last week, how did Howard go in the SANFL on the weekend? I heard that Eddy went alright, would he be close to selection, or was the Power attack alright on Sat night?

Howard, err, no, he's not coming in. 7 kicks, 5 marks, 0.1.

Eddy kicked 6 or Port's 9 goals, the PAFC website lists Port's best as - Eddy, Pittard. End ex.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7628 times
Been liked: 11097 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Booney wrote:Howard, err, no, he's not coming in. 7 kicks, 5 marks, 0.1.

morell, I look forward to you admitting you were wrong last week when he was over looked.. :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4124 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:Following on from discussions here last week, how did Howard go in the SANFL on the weekend? I heard that Eddy went alright, would he be close to selection, or was the Power attack alright on Sat night?

Eddy kicked 6 or Port's 9 goals, the PAFC website lists Port's best as - Eddy, Pittard. End ex.

Howard wasn't as bad as what his stats say i thought. He competed well in the air with limited opportunities.

Eddy was the Maggies best by a mile yesterday. Pittard didn't do much in the first half, came into game later in the day. Liked Drew's game yesterday and Jesse Palmer was second best behind Eddy i thought. Would bring in - Palmer, Eddy & Drew in for Polec, Young & Neade
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:29 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
Booney wrote:

Howard wasn't as bad as what his stats say i thought. He competed well in the air with limited opportunities.

Eddy was the Maggies best by a mile yesterday. Pittard didn't do much in the first half, came into game later in the day. Liked Drew's game yesterday and Jesse Palmer was second best behind Eddy i thought. Would bring in - Palmer, Eddy & Drew in for Polec, Young & Neade

Drew must be very close, he's showing some inside ball winning ability, but, Hinkley noted Ah Chee was out as with SPP, Wines, Ebert, Wingard in the middle we've got perhaps too many inside mids.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Booney wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
Booney wrote:

Drew must be very close, he's showing some inside ball winning ability, but, Hinkley noted Ah Chee was out as with SPP, Wines, Ebert, Wingard in the middle we've got perhaps too many inside mids.

Yeah he was good inside and out yesterday. Like him on a wing as a replacement for Polec. Not sure Ken will make that change though and just stick with the one change. I think Palmer will definitely come in
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:01 pm

I was playing! Haven't seen it.

From all reports ran around like a blowfly in a jar and didn't achieve much.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:14 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
Booney wrote:

I like the cut of your jib bertie.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:14 pm

morell wrote:

Yeah, wasn't overly effective, no lone soldier there with Impey and Young having even less impact.

I've read 2 best player reviews, none of them feature Wingard. 19 disposals, 5 clearances ( 3c ), 6 tackles, 3 goals, 3 I50. Not sure if I was watching the same game as everyone else or not? :lol:

Boons Best :
Ryder, Wines, Byrne-Jones, Wingard, Powell-Pepper, R.Gray

AFL - BEST
Port Adelaide: Ryder, Wines, R.Gray, Byrne-Jones, Powell-Pepper, Westhoff

portadelaidefc.com.au’s best
Ebert, Wines, Ryder, Powell-Pepper, Byrne-Jones
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Zartan wrote:
Booney wrote:Howard, err, no, he's not coming in. 7 kicks, 5 marks, 0.1.

morell, I look forward to you admitting you were wrong last week when he was over looked.. :D
Surely you've realised by now that I'm never wrong?

My point was always...

Pick the next best in form key position forward as that's the position that we're short. Last week it was Howard. This week it's Eddy. Next week it could be Marshall.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:

Yeah, wasn't overly effective, no lone soldier there with Impey and Young having even less impact.

I've read 2 best player reviews, none of them feature Wingard. 19 disposals, 5 clearances ( 3c ), 6 tackles, 3 goals, 3 I50. Not sure if I was watching the same game as everyone else or not? :lol:

Boons Best :
Ryder, Wines, Byrne-Jones, Wingard, Powell-Pepper, R.Gray

AFL - BEST
Port Adelaide: Ryder, Wines, R.Gray, Byrne-Jones, Powell-Pepper, Westhoff

portadelaidefc.com.au’s best
Ebert, Wines, Ryder, Powell-Pepper, Byrne-Jones
Name a better ruckman in 2017 than P.Ryder.

Protip: You can't.
morell
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:23 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Only 31000 ???

You're a troll and I'm falling into your trap but do you understand that alot of supporters that would of gone to the game yesterday arvo would of been actually playing footy themselves??

Yep understand. As per every Saturday.

Btw isn't break even at Adelaide Oval 33000 ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 528 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL