The Recruit

Talk on the national game

Re: The Recruit

Postby MatteeG » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:35 pm

westy wrote:Love this show!
Wagner is the best by far. The Jackle and Goss are very good players, but love to see Waylen win this.
Maybe right some wrongs Liam Jarrah has made.

DJ gawn. The 2 imports will have to go soon you'd think. Waylan is classic. Old Peter Street didnt look much different to his playing days!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby The Closing Cook » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Hard to tell from the footage we get to see on the show, but I thought Hutchy was a bit stiff to get the flick. Gave him a chance to go deep in the comp. Looked a smooth mover.
The Closing Cook

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby the joker » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:43 pm

I was going to write who was in the last three but then thought. People wouldn't want to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:05 pm

the joker wrote:I was going to write who was in the last three but then thought. People wouldn't want to know

Thankyou for not sharing
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby the joker » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:06 pm

bennymacca wrote:
the joker wrote:I was going to write who was in the last three but then thought. People wouldn't want to know

Thankyou for not sharing
no worries
Apparently Wagner is the fittest and fastest player at centrals

I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Well at least from the first few eps I have seen he probably looks the most likely, along with that quick basketballer lad and waylan
bennymacca
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:49 pm

bennymacca wrote:Well at least from the first few eps I have seen he probably looks the most likely, along with that quick basketballer lad and waylan

Agreed I like the look of the Jackel as well.

Love the show tho
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Smithy gone.

Should've been Mark.
carey
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 am

carey wrote:Smithy gone.

Should've been Mark.

its pretty hard, because i guess someone like smithy could be a good footballer, even at say SANFL level, but that still isnt good enough. but someone that is an elite athlete could be taught.

mark does look pretty average though.

really loving the show. thought it was pretty cool going to play at alice.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:01 pm

The show has turned in to a farce.

These 2 internationals must have to stay in, Whalen going home is ridiculous up against them 2 they may as well not even vote for them cause they'll never go home. Neither completed all the tasks for the week either.

I was loving this show now I won't be that fussed if I miss the next episode
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Ok well that delisted 1 of the bums
carey
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Any television show who dictates a bloke of whom gets a spot on an AFL list is a joke and to me takes the piss out of our premier league. When Ben "Dicko" Dickson acts like an absolute knob just to get ratings it proves my point....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby carey » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:42 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Any television show who dictates a bloke of whom gets a spot on an AFL list is a joke and to me takes the piss out of our premier league. When Ben "Dicko" Dickson acts like an absolute knob just to get ratings it proves my point....

Agreed.
carey
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 am

carey wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Any television show who dictates a bloke of whom gets a spot on an AFL list is a joke and to me takes the piss out of our premier league. When Ben "Dicko" Dickson acts like an absolute knob just to get ratings it proves my point....

Agreed.

I love the show but Ben Dixon is an A grade flog.

Agree the two internationals are just taking up space and was devastated to see Waylon go. He was my favourite.

If I had to guess my top 3 would be Wags, Brady and Moreland. Like the Jackal though too.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:13 am

What are the chances of Waylon being brought back on the show. Being reality TV i'd say very possible.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby carey » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:16 am

wristwatcher wrote:
carey wrote:

Agreed.

I love the show but Ben Dixon is an A grade flog.

Agree the two internationals are just taking up space and was devastated to see Waylon go. He was my favourite.

If I had to guess my top 3 would be Wags, Brady and Moreland. Like the Jackal though too.

How bad was that throwing of the texta the other week talk about staged! Fu#king Flog he is.

I would have my top 3 as Moreland, Wags and The Jackal in order although Jackals foot skills aren't great. Whalen was my favorite as well no way he should've went before the international flogs who are there just because they have to be.
carey
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:22 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:What are the chances of Waylon being brought back on the show. Being reality TV i'd say very possible.

I don't think he wants to be there. He allowed himself to get the chop last night with Moreland trying to save him.

To be fair to the guy, he struggled with a dip in the ocean let alone a 4km surf paddle. Maybe throw the guys in the outback without shoes and get them to do a half marathon or live off the land for 3 days and see how some of the city boys went. I know they had a meal in the bush but that was more bonding than challenge.

The bloke was hilarious and had real ability. Touted as a top 5 pick 3 years ago he surely should not have gone home. Also proved very selfless and showed admirable qualities and humility. I'd take him as an X factor on my team list ahead of all the rest.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:30 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:What are the chances of Waylon being brought back on the show. Being reality TV i'd say very possible.

I don't think he wants to be there. He allowed himself to get the chop last night with Moreland trying to save him.

To be fair to the guy, he struggled with a dip in the ocean let alone a 4km surf paddle. Maybe throw the guys in the outback without shoes and get them to do a half marathon or live off the land for 3 days and see how some of the city boys went. I know they had a meal in the bush but that was more bonding than challenge.

The bloke was hilarious and had real ability. Touted as a top 5 pick 3 years ago he surely should not have gone home. Also proved very selfless and showed admirable qualities and humility. I'd take him as an X factor on my team list ahead of all the rest.

pretty much this. waylan was what made me want to watch the show, seemed like a great lad. would be pretty hard for him to do all of this.

there does come a time where you have to say, is this guy going to hold up to the mental pressures of AFL, and im not sure you can say that about him. i really hope he does get back on the show, or into the afl system some other way.

fwiw i dont mind dicko. once again you guys find something to whinge about.

its a category B rookie contract. blokes who have never even seen afl before get those contracts, so to say this somehow is different is pretty silly.

my top 3 would be maxy, morlo, brady.

maxy and brady are elite athletes, so they can be taught. morlo (and wagner too) probably seem like the only pure footballers that want it enough and still might offer something at afl level. someone like semmell seems like a good footballer, but i doubt would ever be fit enough to make it at afl level
bennymacca
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Just wen the Irish lad in the crowd of the footy show with the Irish side
carey
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:23 pm

jackal gone.

probably fair enough. at 26, he just looked like the type of guy that was a decent footballer but was playing at his limits already and had no room for improvement.

type of bloke that would dominate local footy (did a bit of googling and apparently he finished third in the association medal in the ballarat league last year, but has been injured or away with filming for most of this year, and also just dislocated his elbow on the weekend)
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL