AFL Club Membership

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Club Membership

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:19 pm

According to the website, as it currently stands you will wait 41 years to become a Restricted member!
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Are MCC or Etihad members counted for Victorian clubs like Adelaide Oval members are counted for Adelaide and Port?
Wouldn't this severely dent the numbers of clubs who don't play at stadiums which are multi purpose or have more than one club based at that ground?

MCC members are not counted

Holy Crap!!

As at the end of the last membership season (August 31, 2014) there were approximately 103,400 MCC members, which comprises 62,400 Full members and 41,000 Restricted members.
There are also more than 236,000 waiting list candidates.

235,999 and me!

I for one joined up with Carlton this year, but haven't been to a game. I'd be counted in those stats. I'm a regional/interstate member and paid over that 50 buck threshold.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:35 pm

bennymacca wrote:According to the website, as it currently stands you will wait 41 years to become a Restricted member!

Benny, I signed up in 2001 and last I checked they're up to somewhere in 1996. They mentioned recently that they were opening up another category so that people like me could 'walk up' to games that were expected to be lowly attended so that bolstered numbers. Often games are 'full' or 'full-ish' but the members is empty.

Anyway, going on the 1996 entry speed, it'll be another 5-10 years before I get in, meaning that will be 20-25 years in total before I get offered entry.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Are MCC or Etihad members counted for Victorian clubs like Adelaide Oval members are counted for Adelaide and Port?
Wouldn't this severely dent the numbers of clubs who don't play at stadiums which are multi purpose or have more than one club based at that ground?

MCC members are not counted

Cheers, the figures are skewed in Brisbane, Sydney, the WA teams and SA teams favour then with people who don't even support the sides being counted as members. Apologies to Brisbane, Sydney and WA if its not the case there as it is here.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:56 pm

We're a happy team at Hawthorn.

WOOF

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:We're a happy team at Hawthorn.

WOOF

regards,

REB

Who cares about memberships and all this my dicks bigger than yours crap. Its all the biggest load of propaganda dished up by the AFL so they can beat their dicks about growth in the game that just isnt there. if you say it often enough people will believe it.
Premierships is what counts and thats where we are number 1 in the AFL
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby westozfalcon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:45 pm

bennymacca wrote:According to the website, as it currently stands you will wait 41 years to become a Restricted member!

I'd imagine a fair percentage of those on the waiting list would be seeking membership for the cricket rather than footy.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby stan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:58 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

WOOF

regards,

REB

Who cares about memberships and all this my dicks bigger than yours crap. Its all the biggest load of propaganda dished up by the AFL so they can beat their dicks about growth in the game that just isnt there. if you say it often enough people will believe it.

Yeah growth isnt really there at the moment. As you said mostly dick beating at AFL house.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:45 am

daysofourlives wrote:

WOOF

regards,

REB

Have I missed something? Aren't Essendon number 1 for premierships? :?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:10 am

mighty hounds wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

WOOF

regards,

REB

Have I missed something? Aren't Essendon number 1 for premierships? :?

Yes but I see his point. The Hawks are the current benchmark and the current number 1, nothing else matters
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby am Bays » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:29 am

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Have I missed something? Aren't Essendon number 1 for premierships? :?

Yes but I see his point. The Hawks are the current benchmark and the current number 1, nothing else matters

Hawthorn have the most AFL premiershps with four, followed by West Coast, Geelong and Brisbane with three.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:36 am

am Bays wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Have I missed something? Aren't Essendon number 1 for premierships? :?

Hawthorn have the most AFL premiershps with four, followed by West Coast, Geelong and Brisbane with three.

At the risk of going over old ground for the millionth time the VFL purely was rebadged as the AFL, a new comp was not created. The AFL decreed that all records continued over. Probably a moot point anyway because at the Hawks rate they will overtake us in a few years anyway
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:55 pm

am Bays wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Bingo
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Grahaml » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:40 am

Jim05 wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

At the risk of going over old ground for the millionth time the VFL purely was rebadged as the AFL, a new comp was not created. The AFL decreed that all records continued over. Probably a moot point anyway because at the Hawks rate they will overtake us in a few years anyway

Which, for the millionth time, is akin to saying the 1900 VFL premiership season contained the best players in the country. Like it or not, around the time the VFL rebadged the competition also became the competition all players aspired to play over and above the other competitions. Makes records in the modern era far more meaningful than the archaic ones.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:40 am

What a lot of horse shit. Be like saying your wife was a brand new person if she changed her name when she married you and none of her previous years counted towards her history, or she only counted when she started getting fatter.
The previous VFL is the same competition as the AFL, records from 1930 are no less relevent to records from 2015.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby bennymacca » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:21 am

Wedgie wrote:What a lot of horse shit. Be like saying your wife was a brand new person if she changed her name when she married you and none of her previous years counted towards her history, or she only counted when she started getting fatter.
The previous VFL is the same competition as the AFL, records from 1930 are no less relevent to records from 2015.

Of course they are.

Are we really going on about this shit again?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:12 pm

There was no difference in the comp between 1989 and 1990 when it changed its name except for the fact it was one year older!
Surely you're just trolling.
Is Hertier Lumumba only one year old?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:14 pm

The bloody league changed its name from VFL to AFL, not its history. Jesus its not that hard to understand.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2635 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:17 pm

MW wrote:The bloody league changed its name from VFL to AFL, not its history. Jesus its not that hard to understand.

Pretty simple
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:18 pm

Wedgie wrote:There was no difference in the comp between 1989 and 1990 when it changed its name except for the fact it was one year older!
Surely you're just trolling.
Is Hertier Lumumba only one year old?

Just like the league didn't change from 1896 to 1897. Geelong 14 Premierships! \:D/

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL