20-1 REBs worst AFL Guernseys

Talk on the national game

Re: 20-1 REBs worst AFL Guernseys

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:34 pm

MatteeG wrote:This thread does not bode well for us hawk fans...

:lol:

I thought it was just going to be Hawthorn's 20-1 worst.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7538 times
Been liked: 10857 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:53 pm

Why do you reckon REB started it?
Im happy if they feel the need to have a go at our guernsey's, just means they got nothing when it comes to game day performances
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2437 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby MatteeG » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:55 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Im happy if they feel the need to have a go at our guernsey's, just means they got nothing when it comes to game day performances

Havin a laugh Daysy, we've had some absolute stinkers in the guernsey category, most of which I own through blind faith. Cant bring myself to get the power ranger one though, thank god that will be gone after next year.

REB is a fair man so I expect we'll only have 6 in the top 10...
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:04 am

I wonder if REB will give the 1996 Hawks-Melbourne jumper a guernsey?

Makes some of the Hawks' other efforts look...nah, it's still shit.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:32 am

MatteeG wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Havin a laugh Daysy, we've had some absolute stinkers in the guernsey category, most of which I own through blind faith. Cant bring myself to get the power ranger one though, thank god that will be gone after next year.

You will need to define the word laugh for Days he may not know how
In other news I went on the Internet to see what all the talk about Hawks shit jumpers were about and WOW who the hell is the infamous fashion designer living out Waverley way ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Magellan wrote:I wonder if REB will give the 1996 Hawks-Melbourne jumper a guernsey?

Makes some of the Hawks' other efforts look...nah, it's still shit.

The faces tell the tale there!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1824 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:59 pm

10. The M&M Sturty

Carlton didn't have a soul to sell in the first place when they sold out one of the best jumpers in the AFL to help flog some chocolate snacks. Back then Carlton were still a reasonable side so the introduction of the Sturty induced a cacophony of Belly laughs loud enough to crack the make up on Jeannie Pratt's plastic Moosh.

The AFL normally sweeps shit under the rug which normally results in member clubs launching injunctions or sending the coach to France but the league couldn't turn a blind eye to this monstrosity that only a Double Blues fan could love. The AFL penalised the Blues so heavily that that the club has been reduced to a rabble...it was this jumper and not the salary cap my friends!

image.jpg
image.jpg (51.2 KiB) Viewed 640 times

"We've got the chocolates!"
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Put those blokes in their regular navy blue guernsey and I'd have no problems identifying them. In that, I had to look twice.
I kept thinking, "who are those Sturt blokes".
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:19 pm

9. The McJumper

Everything about this plastic franchise is wrong. All Gold Coast people care about is surfing, meter maids and schoolies. A complete lack of care is associated with everything at the franchise from it's recruiting, coaching, that song, getting busted snorting lines and the shocking McJumper. Designed to appeal to kids, the McJumper and "Gaz" the lifeguard mascot jumped the shark the day it was released.

Many Gold Coast followers are dispirited South Adelaide or Woodville Warriors fans who never got over the merger looking for something bright and shiny to watch during the footy season. After Ablett retires expect the Suns to set into the "what were they thinking" file as Tassie finally gets a team.

image.jpg
image.jpg (62.92 KiB) Viewed 629 times

No we won't have footballers with that Gaz thanks
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:34 pm

8. The Crow Throwup

The Crows have had a shocking array of away jumpers and the Throwup pictured here is typical of the breed. In the good old days..well....in the good old days there were no Crows but soon after that the state coloured hoops were worn with pride interstate and the Crows won premierships.

Now we have the Crows adorned in the white jumper of surrender and they haven't made a Grand Final since. Not wishing to be outdone by a Port who had a seven year old design their excellent current guernsey, the Crows got a five year old to design theirs and unfortunately it looks like it. Either that they splashed some paint on the white jumper and said "problem Solvered"...which it wasn't.

image.jpg
image.jpg (99.07 KiB) Viewed 615 times

Tex almost remembers the words..
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:47 pm

7. The Loaf

In 1987 the bastard creation of the AFL, the Brisbane Bears was born. The Bears were the consolation prize after the SANFL established a player retention scheme and basically told the Vics to get stuffed. The Bears recruited a bunch of has beens and never wasses and the result was the template on how not to create an AFL club.

Now have a close look at that logo. To me it looks like someone has pinched a loaf and left it on the guernsey. If they can't get the playing list. Mascot or coach right then the jumper had no chance. This particular model is the away version and even the dumb as Dogshit Warwick Capper looks less than happy. Either that or because none of his team mates are kicking it too him.

This jumper is bad news and drops in at number 7.

image.jpg
image.jpg (28.26 KiB) Viewed 629 times

"Got any toilet paper?"
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:57 pm

6. The Jaffa

The Roos were so good in the mid to late nineties that they could afford to thumb their noses to over a hundred years of footy tradition when they trotted out this fruity number. In the picture below the King must have been on some good shit to look as happy as this while Peter Bell got so upset after the shoot he ****** off back to Fremantle.

There would have been a bit more love for this jumper as a cautionary tale but alas GWS also saw fit to wear Orange in their strip also. Clearly someone at AFL House pulled a sickie when the Roos rolled out the Jaffa...either that or they were out buying popcorn. Anyway, once the Roos showed us the Jaffa...we were all rolling down the aisles.

image.jpg
image.jpg (96.97 KiB) Viewed 621 times

"They aren't making us wear this are they?"
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:30 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:19. The old Grey 'mare

When you get to a certain age you get to bore everyone silly with endless mutterings of "things were better in my day blah blah blah". The obvious benefit is to disperse teenagers with their shit 21st Century music but you have to think that the Bomber fans are on to something here.

The old Watson is better than the new Watson, the old Danihers are better than the new Daniher, the old Essendon was better than the new Essendon. Even Carlton are more respected than the Bombers all because they were smart enough to buy a shredder while Carlton copped their fair whack. You can forgive Essendon for it's many sins but this monstrosity is unforgivable. The only thing Essendon has going for it these days is that they got rid of Jake Melksham and a strong Red and Black jumper...but they've even ****** that up. The Old Grey 'mare is a horribly bland grey jumper that only makes a nodding acquaintance to the sash. This shocker made it's first appearance in recent seasons to distract attention away from the drugs scandal and has proven to be most useful in matches against St Kilda.

The Old Grey 'mare is number 19 in my list of butt ugly AFL jumpers.

image.jpg

In my day we had real Moustaches..

The Bombers must of seen this thread and annouced today that their clash strip will be red and black next season.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jim05 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:41 pm

BZB27 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:19. The old Grey 'mare

When you get to a certain age you get to bore everyone silly with endless mutterings of "things were better in my day blah blah blah". The obvious benefit is to disperse teenagers with their shit 21st Century music but you have to think that the Bomber fans are on to something here.

The old Watson is better than the new Watson, the old Danihers are better than the new Daniher, the old Essendon was better than the new Essendon. Even Carlton are more respected than the Bombers all because they were smart enough to buy a shredder while Carlton copped their fair whack. You can forgive Essendon for it's many sins but this monstrosity is unforgivable. The only thing Essendon has going for it these days is that they got rid of Jake Melksham and a strong Red and Black jumper...but they've even ****** that up. The Old Grey 'mare is a horribly bland grey jumper that only makes a nodding acquaintance to the sash. This shocker made it's first appearance in recent seasons to distract attention away from the drugs scandal and has proven to be most useful in matches against St Kilda.

The Old Grey 'mare is number 19 in my list of butt ugly AFL jumpers.

image.jpg

In my day we had real Moustaches..

The Bombers must of seen this thread and annouced today that their clash strip will be red and black next season.

The grey mare was never a hit with the fans and after consultation with the AFL we will go back to red & black only. This was announced by the new Chairman at last nights AGM
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3571 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:10. The M&M Sturty

Carlton didn't have a soul to sell in the first place when they sold out one of the best jumpers in the AFL to help flog some chocolate snacks. Back then Carlton were still a reasonable side so the introduction of the Sturty induced a cacophony of Belly laughs loud enough to crack the make up on Jeannie Pratt's plastic Moosh.

The AFL normally sweeps shit under the rug which normally results in member clubs launching injunctions or sending the coach to France but the league couldn't not turn a blind eye to this monstrosity that only a Double Blues fan could love. The AFL penalised the Blues so heavily that that the club has been reduced to a rabble...it was this jumper and not the salary cap my friends!

image.jpg

"We've got the chocolates!"

And loved it I did!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:53 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

You will need to define the word laugh for Days he may not know how
In other news I went on the Internet to see what all the talk about Hawks shit jumpers were about and WOW who the hell is the infamous fashion designer living out Waverley way ;-)

You really are a (*&%wit
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2437 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Spargo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:34 pm

:lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5581 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:51 am

Well, come on.

It's the week before the Xmas break, don't tell me you're busy at work. You're doing somewhere between nothing and **** all so get on with the countdown! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7538 times
Been liked: 10857 times

Postby cracka » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:14 am

Am I the only one who likes some of these. :oops: L-)
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 571 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MW » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:23 pm

I like the Kangas one and Richmonds as an alternate
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2650 times
Been liked: 1879 times