Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Booney wrote:"bruise free", turn it up, when the ruckman win the hitout to advantage and the Hawks midfield get first look at it there's not much that can be done. Bruise free.... :roll:

Pretty sure I saw a few broken tackles in there and it wasn't a huge advantage in the 1st half when port were up for it.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:17 pm

Ebert inj, Krakouer personal, O'Shea omitted.
Stewart, Ahchee, Gray in
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:25 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Ebert inj, Krakouer personal, O'Shea omitted.
Stewart, Ahchee, Gray in

Same old same old type changes it would appear.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby carey » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Stewart, Ahchee, Gray in

Should be simple.

O'Shea out
Jonas In

Done.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:11 pm

What's the go with Polec?
I'm not a huge fan of his but he surely has to come back in sometime soon?
Having said that I watched him play at Richmond last week and he looked like he couldn't give a f*ck about being out there.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2530 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:43 pm

amber_fluid wrote:What's the go with Polec?
Having said that I watched him play at Richmond last week and he looked like he couldn't give a f*ck about being out there.

Funny you say he looked like he didn't give a f**k about being out there. My brother told me after the game against Westies on Saturday Chad Cornes, in his post match assessment singled out Polec for his poor performance, saying to him and the playing group that he looked liked he didn't give a f**k about being out there.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10390 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Stewart, Ahchee, Gray in

And Palmer is the travelling emergency, why wouldnt you play him instead of recycling the above? Or are we still thinking we can make finals?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Grahaml » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:56 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Stewart, Ahchee, Gray in

And Palmer is the travelling emergency, why wouldnt you play him instead of recycling the above? Or are we still thinking we can make finals?

Trying to set a record for how many "must win" games they can lose.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby stan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:01 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Stewart, Ahchee, Gray in

Would have thought this story was over about a month ago. Should be giving Palmer a run in my opinion.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby RustyCage » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:50 am

TJ won't be resuming this week after pulling up sore after the main training session. Sent for scans on his hammy
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:58 am

He was good against Centrals a fortnight ago and completely disinterested against the Bloods last weekend. He won't be seen at AFL level again this year and needs to earn a fair bit of respect back from the coaching group IMO.

He was simply brushed off in two tackles last week and while it's not his bread and butter he needs to show more intent. One tackle, broken by Agostino ( who looked to have died on the outer wing but made a miraculous come back ) was terrible. He's a high draft pick, highly paid getting shaken off by a kid. Not good enough.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:07 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

Funny you say he looked like he didn't give a f**k about being out there. My brother told me after the game against Westies on Saturday Chad Cornes, in his post match assessment singled out Polec for his poor performance, saying to him and the playing group that he looked liked he didn't give a f**k about being out there.

Had less than 12 disposals IIRC.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Booney wrote:

He was good against Centrals a fortnight ago and completely disinterested against the Bloods last weekend. He won't be seen at AFL level again this year and needs to earn a fair bit of respect back from the coaching group IMO.

He was simply brushed off in two tackles last week and while it's not his bread and butter he needs to show more intent. One tackle, broken by Agostino ( who looked to have died on the outer wing but made a miraculous come back ) was terrible. He's a high draft pick, highly paid getting shaken off by a kid. Not good enough.

He sounds like Nathan Ablett. Just not that important to him in the end.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1820 times

Postby saintal » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Booney wrote:

Didn't give the impression he was all that thrilled to running around the lovely Noarlunga Oval about a month ago either. His workrate/body language compared to somebody like Mitchell that day was well short of what you'd expect, watching from afar anyway.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:14 pm

saintal wrote:
Booney wrote:

Didn't give the impression he was all that thrilled to running around the lovely Noarlunga Oval about a month ago either. His workrate/body language compared to somebody like Mitchell that day was well short of what you'd expect, watching from afar anyway.

Totally agree, he's been very disappointing with the attitude he has portrayed since being dropped. I watched a training session about 4 weeks ago ( around the bye weekend ) and even there he looked to be going at less than 100% in a skills drill.

I'm not defending him, but keep in mind he barely played last year with his plantar faciitis ( foot ) injury and we've seen plenty of players take a long time to recover from that injury. Perhaps he might have been pushed too hard, too early.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Booney wrote:
saintal wrote:
Booney wrote:

Totally agree, he's been very disappointing with the attitude he has portrayed since being dropped. I watched a training session about 4 weeks ago ( around the bye weekend ) and even there he looked to be going at less than 100% in a skills drill.

I'm not defending him, but keep in mind he barely played last year with his plantar faciitis ( foot ) injury and we've seen plenty of players take a long time to recover from that injury. Perhaps he might have been pushed too hard, too early.....

But he came from Brisbane with the same opinions of him.
Hasn't changed by the sounds of it.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby MW » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Seems to be a bit of a front runner...when the team is doing well he is doing well, but not willing to work hard when things are down
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2636 times
Been liked: 1864 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:24 pm

MW wrote:Seems to be a bit of a front runner...when the team is doing well he is doing well, but not willing to work hard when things are down

Understatement of the century :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:50 pm

MW wrote:Seems to be a bit of a front runner...when the team is doing well he is doing well, but not willing to work hard when things are down

The lad can obviously play but just isn't prepared to do the hard yards by the sounds of it.
I heard Jonathan Brown say that Polec was the best kick of a footy he had ever played with.
Big call considering who he played with.......Akar, Simon Black just to mention two.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2530 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:57 am

So it turns out Port didn't follow protocol in allowing Hartlett to play before assessing his concussion...$20,000 fine from the AFL!
Should have saved the $ from the dragon boats and fireworks...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2636 times
Been liked: 1864 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL