Perfervid scrutiny of Round 15

Talk on the national game

Re: Perfervid scrutiny of Round 15

Postby Grahaml » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:36 pm

Can't work out if days is on the least interesting fishing expedition since footysa or is actually this arrogant. Would think he'd won all those grand finals on his own. Lol.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:06 pm

So what's the wash from the Bulldogs win over the Swans?

I figure that the doggies look totally different with Johanisen and Wood in the back 6, so much more drive and pace out of the back! Midfield runs very deep and can match it with the best just our forward entries and structure needs work.

Buddy looked back to his best, strong and powerful bodywork on Adams coupled with his pace and mobility make him near impossible to stop. I'd still have sydney as a top 4 side.

Prior to this i thought we would be the 7-8th side but on that performance we could shale the top 4. Some crunch games coming, especially Geelong at Simmonds...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby carey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:16 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:So what's the wash from the Bulldogs win over the Swans?

I figure that the doggies look totally different with Johanisen and Wood in the back 6, so much more drive and pace out of the back! Midfield runs very deep and can match it with the best just our forward entries and structure needs work.

Buddy looked back to his best, strong and powerful bodywork on Adams coupled with his pace and mobility make him near impossible to stop. I'd still have sydney as a top 4 side.

Prior to this i thought we would be the 7-8th side but on that performance we could shale the top 4. Some crunch games coming, especially Geelong at Simmonds...

Just seen your run home. I think you only lose 1 more game! :shock:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:37 pm

Wood reads the play like very few.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5570 times
Been liked: 5189 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:43 pm

Spargo wrote:

Wood reads the play like very few.

In my mind he is THE most improved player I've seen. Up until 2014 he couldn't get a regular run and was a liability when he did play. 2015 was a breakout year and he warranted his AA spot. He's marched on this year then got struck down with Bulldog-Halfbackitis which was contagious for a while! And hopefully we can settle our backline which is a springboard to our forwards. We really need to score more than we do but that'll come!

Considering the evenness of the comp it will be a swashbuckling finish to the year! Hold onto your hats boys!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby stan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:13 am

Grahaml wrote:Can't work out if days is on the least interesting fishing expedition since footysa or is actually this arrogant. Would think he'd won all those grand finals on his own. Lol.

Bit of both actually.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Perfervid scrutiny of Round 15

Postby stan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 am

daysofourlives wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:The thing that sticks out to me about the Crows mainly is that they are bloody well coached come match day. Every game this year they have played they have been in a position to win each game during the last quarter. Their top end talent up forward, majority of their defence and ruckman are upper end quality. The next tier mainly are very well organised and know their roles very well. There are a few that would struggle to get a kick at other clubs. Also been incredibly lucky with injuries so far. But let's also be honest. Last year they had a good run too so there could be something they are doing different with player management compared to the rest of the comp. If they lost kpp long term they would be stretched.

The Crows remind me kind of WCE of last year, however last year I questioned how WCE would go in a deadset 1 on 1 street fight come finals time against seasoned, proven opposition rather than rely on their on field structure and positioning to pressure opposition in to coughing the ball up. I think this would be a fair critique of the Crows until they prove otherwise. This year however even though they are top, Hawthorn appear not as strong but I'd never write them off. We'll know more in 2 weeks I reckon with the Hawks.

Yep if we win our next 2, you can give us the 4peat now, will finish top.
Lose our next 2 and its almost season gone, wont make the 4.
Im very worried that we are sitting top a game clear and the players might get ahead of themselves and not realize how important the next 2 are for our season. Reaching the top could be the worst thing that has happened for us this year as we are not going that well.
Really want Swans to beat Geelong this week, will give us a better chance next week against the Swans, also means it would open up a 2 game gap on these 2 teams who imo are our biggest challengers

I dont think you will lose this week. Each time they have beaten you, it almost seemed like they ambushed you as you guys didnt seem to be on for some reason. Surely you are anticipating that they will be at you and up for thr game this Thursday, surely.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL