AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

Postby valleys07 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:42 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
valleys07 wrote:2013 wasn't a fluke- but calm your farm on top 4. We have Fremantle, Hawthorn, West Coast and Geelong, who in my opinion are still 3-5 goal better sides than us. After what I have seen so far this season, we should be aiming for 5th-6th. Top 4 is still a season or 2 away I reckon.

We're a long way off beating Port at Adelaide Ocal. Far too many injuries to be saying we're a 5 goal better side than the Power at the moment.

Never said the cats specifically were a 5 goal better side than port, those 4 sides mentioned were 3-5 goals better than us (imo).

Given we haven't beaten the cats in 7 years, that is a massive mental hurdle to work through. Id have the cats in that 3 goal bracket. They know how to win, and have proven time and time again they can win from any position. With the class of Selwood, Johnson, Kelly, Bartel and the wall that is Taylor and Longeran, ill concede we are on par when we actually knock you off.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:52 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
valleys07 wrote:2013 wasn't a fluke- but calm your farm on top 4. We have Fremantle, Hawthorn, West Coast and Geelong, who in my opinion are still 3-5 goal better sides than us. After what I have seen so far this season, we should be aiming for 5th-6th. Top 4 is still a season or 2 away I reckon.

We're a long way off beating Port at Adelaide Ocal. Far too many injuries to be saying we're a 5 goal better side than the Power at the moment.

Geelong are still a top 4 side, make no mistake. Port will be a better side than when we met in last years semi final though. One of the games I'm really looking forward to in the next month. Shitty 4:10 Sunday time slot though....

I'll be there with my feral power mate and apparently his seats are right in the middle of enemy territory so I'm really looking forward to that if we are getting flogged. Not!!!!!! Will be fun if we are giving you a hiding though (not that it will happen)
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 894 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:54 pm

I'm in the Riverbank ( Southern ) Stand. I'll catch you for a frothy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Booney wrote:I'm in the Riverbank ( Southern ) Stand. I'll catch you for a frothy.

that's where i'll be.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:39 pm

Fyfe given 2 games.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby cracka » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:46 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Never said the cats specifically were a 5 goal better side than port, those 4 sides mentioned were 3-5 goals better than us (imo).

Given we haven't beaten the cats in 7 years, that is a massive mental hurdle to work through. Id have the cats in that 3 goal bracket. They know how to win, and have proven time and time again they can win from any position. With the class of Selwood, Johnson, Kelly, Bartel and the wall that is Taylor and Longeran, ill concede we are on par when we actually knock you off.

Nice try at deflection but Port are right in the mix for top 4.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby TEX07 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:49 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Geelong are still a top 4 side, make no mistake. Port will be a better side than when we met in last years semi final though. One of the games I'm really looking forward to in the next month. Shitty 4:10 Sunday time slot though....

Work has 8 seats in the AUDI club and this was one of my games of choice at the start of the season, I think it will be a brilliant game, time slot annoying for a Sunday but can't complain, it's actually considered work!
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:04 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Fyfe given 2 games.

Zac Dawson also copped 1 week.
Reckon Freo should challenge Fyfe's though
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3560 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Zac Dawson also copped 1 week.
Reckon Freo should challenge Fyfe's though

Hope not. I want as many big guns ineligible for the brownlow as possible.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:24 am

There was an incident like Fyfe's in the Geelong game too. Can't bloody remmeber who the Cats player was but Rich copped a bit of claret on the face and the commentators said the cats player may be in trouble. I thought it was a ridiculous comment at the time but seeing Fyfe's incident, he's probably lukcky if he hasn't been done.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:57 am

Bum Crack wrote:

There was an incident like Fyfe's in the Geelong game too. Can't bloody remmeber who the Cats player was but Rich copped a bit of claret on the face and the commentators said the cats player may be in trouble. I thought it was a ridiculous comment at the time but seeing Fyfe's incident, he's probably lukcky if he hasn't been done.

Taylor Hunt
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:28 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Taylor Hunt

He got a game aswell didnt he?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3560 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:29 am

Jim05 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Taylor Hunt

He got a game aswell didnt he?

haven't heard.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:36 am

cracka wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

:lol:

Deflection? Christ! Most experts (and some posters) had port barely nudging the 8 at the start of the year, we come out and beat Carlton and Adelaide (who lets be honest, wont cause too many headaches this season) and all of a sudden we are pushing top 4?

As Gazey would say- turn it up!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:39 am

valleys07 wrote:
cracka wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:[quote="valleys07"]2013 wasn't a fluke- but calm your farm on top 4. We have Fremantle, Hawthorn, West Coast and Geelong, who in my opinion are still 3-5 goal better sides than us. After what I have seen so far this season, we should be aiming for 5th-6th. Top 4 is still a season or 2 away I reckon.

:lol:

Deflection? Christ! Most experts (and some posters) had port barely nudging the 8 at the start of the year, we come out and beat Carlton and Adelaide (who lets be honest, wont cause too many headaches this season) and all of a sudden we are pushing top 4?

As Gazey would say- turn it up![/quote]

Fair comment. North this weekend which will be a test for you guys. If you roll them then you can start this top 4 stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby valleys07 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:41 am

Not even Stan, roll your mob at Subi, and the Cats at AO- then I may believe the hype.

valleys07
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:17 am

valleys07 wrote:Deflection? Christ! Most experts (and some posters) had port barely nudging the 8 at the start of the year, we come out and beat Carlton and Adelaide (who lets be honest, wont cause too many headaches this season) and all of a sudden we are pushing top 4?

As Gazey would say- turn it up!

west coast are in a similar position - they have smashed the bulldogs and melbourne and all of a sudden they are a premiership threat!

dont get me wrong, both port and west coast will be knocking on the door of the eight, and possibly top 4, but excellent early season form isn't a very good judge.

on the other hand though, really bad early season form is usually a lot more worrying. and Adelaide, Sydney, Richmond, North Melbourne have all been well below expectations. and only really Sydney have an excuse in that they went deep into the finals. it also puts you under a lot of pressure for the rest of the year. for the crows, any of the "easy" games now are must wins, wheras port could afford to drop one of those and still be fine. early season form just gives you a bit of a buffer.

HUGE game this week adl vs syd.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:20 am

Form is fickle, that's true. There is no doubt though that early form and wins on the board are infinitely better than having to win 12/13 of 18/19 and fall into the 8. Typically the spots of 5-8 are filled with teams who gave everything in the last half of the year to get in the 8 and are buggered when they get there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:21 am

Yes. Sydney are still sore from finals.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:26 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Yes. Sydney are still sore from finals.

Well, they looked it last week. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL