Circum XVII

Talk on the national game

Re: Circum XVII

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:27 pm

carey wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hope my 7 in the tips keep me at the top

I was also equal top. Don't think my 6 will maintain top spot.

Roos, Melbourne and Swans

Roos & Swans
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:33 am

Bum Crack wrote:I can see nth winning one more game for the year v saints and port winning three and taking their spot in the 8 playing geelong at simonds stadium first week of finals

We'd need to win 4 to be a chance.

Brisbane, Melbourne and Gold Coast are absolute must wins. It will come down to the showdown I feel.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:43 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Kudos to @Rik E Boy for the heads up on the Saints!

I was thinking about that post at quarter time LOL.

regards,

REB

So was I.... And I was at the Parade watching your legs belt my Roosters!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby stan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:05 am

Bum Crack wrote:I can see nth winning one more game for the year v saints and port winning three and taking their spot in the 8 playing geelong at simonds stadium first week of finals

Its a chance but I still think North are in the box seat. Are the Power really playing that well? Im not so sure.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:30 am

stan wrote:

Its a chance but I still think North are in the box seat. Are the Power really playing that well? Im not so sure.

No, we aren't but they are toothless up front, besides Brown. See how sentimental they are this week, if they keep Petrie and Firrito in the side they're kidding themselves.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:32 am

valleys07 wrote:

Brisbane, Melbourne and Gold Coast are absolute must wins. It will come down to the showdown I feel.

GWS this week huge.
Saints still a sneaky chance too, have 3 they should win, 2 50/50's and a probable loss in the their last 6. If they could knock of the Dogs this week and the Roos next week they could be right in it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:01 am

Well, what a cracking weekend to pick to go to Melbourne for the footy. The weather turned it on, Port turned it on and valleys07, Boon and Jnr Boon got tickets into the rooms after the game to watch the boys sing the song and mingle afterwards with some of the boys. Excellent weekend topped off with the trip into the rooms afterwards.

Kicked off with a less than large Friday night, valleys with a crook young bloke at home was looking for a pillow that didn't have small person dribble on it and the two Boon's take or leave a big one. Junior took $200 off Packer at the Crown, Black Jacking his way to buying some Jacks for the room Friday night.Saturday morning a stroll around the Vic Markets after a big brekky in a little cafe, the owner of the cafe not only giving me his race pages to look at but letting me peruse his marked up tips on the day. He went ok...

Harbour Town Hotel for some Ruby Tuesday ( Matilda Bay ) and Minimum Chips Lager, a nice steak joint on the Docklands for lunch ( review in restaurant thread ) before we walked across to Etihad.

What a sombre shit place that is. North spectators ( I won't call them supporters ) would have been confused by the Port people offering some banter and atmosphere. Stunned mullets sit on their hands looking on like they're in front of the box at home. Passionless, dull, disinterested in supporting their team, they might as well sit at home. Terrible turn out and "support" for a side on the slide who needs a lift. 24,000 in the best time slot of the weekend and about 5000 were in black, white and teal and full voice.

To the game, Goldy is cooked. He can barely get off the ground and because of this and Trengove playing as the 4th mid on the ground ( 7 clearances 4 of which were in the middle ) Port win the centre clearances 7-0 in the first quarter and it's game over, pretty much. Brown was the only target for North, Petrie, Waite and Anderson are about as threatening as a Turkish Military coup at the moment. If Petrie isn't dropped this week then they're playing sentimental favorites. 7 goals in his last 8 games and never looked likely on the weekend. 6th gamer Logan Austin in his best game at AFL level kept Petrie out of it and showed he has a future. Waite you can excuse, he needed the run and will get better. Brown looked like he would have caught a pokemon with his bare hands if it was in the right area, he was very good.

On Port, I noted to valleys that the skipper was quiet, then saw he had 18 or so at the half and ended up with 32. Robbie Gray in the middle was excellent, Ollie Wines with 4 centre clearances and big bodied Ah Chee with 2 got us going early. Up front and around the ground Westhoff pretty much did as he pleased finishing with 3, Schulz got some ball ( 10 touches, 5 marks, 3 goals ) to get some feel for it and the Chad made the most of every touch with 2 goals and some important F50 entries ( 5 ).

All in all though the stunned North spectators were about as inspiring as their side and if Harvey at 38 was their BOG then they've got a massive shake up ahead with Petrie done, Firrito really is a spud, Goldstein knackered, Thomas off to Rio for the 3m spring board and some of their blokes not offering anything much at all. Too much for too few and you couldn't even hear whatever a Shinboner is.

Boons Best - Gray, Westhoff, Boak, Wines, Wingard, Young, the option of Fat Yak Pales at the ground and the chick in active wear on our flight home yesterday morning. In fact, she might pip Gray for Best of the Weekend. Valleys?

Went to Alberton yesterday and I reckon Lobbe might be back sooner rather than later to let Trengove go back in defence and pinch hit in the middle.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:14 am

Rik E Boy wrote:How can we go wrong with that master coach of ours. He's coached this team to a complete standstill. You are seriously shithouse Scott.

regards,

REB

They most certainly are twins.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am

Great summary Boon. A magnificent weekend indeed.

The lovely lass in athletics a tied best with A. Trebilcock. #swoon

Carn Ports!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby saintal » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:33 am

Jim05 wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

GWS this week huge.
Saints still a sneaky chance too, have 3 they should win, 2 50/50's and a probable loss in the their last 6. If they could knock of the Dogs this week and the Roos next week they could be right in it

Saints poor % effectively means we have to win 3 more than North and Port. Wont be easy. Feel we'll finish a win or so short.

In Melbourne for other reasons this weekend, so will go along to the Doggies-Saints clash on Saturday night. The game has a bit more going for it than perhaps it did a few weeks ago.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Fantastic stuff that. You weren't at the Round 1 match with the Cats by any chance? :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Fantastic stuff that. You weren't at the Round 1 match with the Cats by any chance? :D

regards,

REB

Haha... no mate, good try though!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Great stuff Boon. Sounded like you had a good time. One thing I did notice in this game that I did not like (and Geelong players are quite bad for this) is the way Hartlett carried on towards the umpire after he conceded what looked like a correct free kick for a high tackle on everyone's favourite Roo Lindsay Thomas. I thought it was a clear free kick to Thomas and Hartlett was shouting at the umpire. I thought Darren Milburn had made a comeback for a second. He should have been marched 50 metres straight away for that effort.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:51 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Great stuff Boon. Sounded like you had a good time. One thing I did notice in this game that I did not like (and Geelong players are quite bad for this) is the way Hartlett carried on towards the umpire after he conceded what looked like a correct free kick for a high tackle on everyone's favourite Roo Lindsay Thomas. I thought it was a clear free kick to Thomas and Hartlett was shouting at the umpire. I thought Darren Milburn had made a comeback for a second. He should have been marched 50 metres straight away for that effort.

regards,

REB

Yep, don't know how you can get much more "demonstrative" towards an umpire than that when it was clearly a free kick. As for the first goal of the game, Schmidt should be given a holiday from umpiring for that decision.

Our players are cooked and somehow seem to get the privilege of playing games against opponents with 9+ days rest off another 6 day turnaround. At least this week Collingwood will have a 6 day break also... Petrie, Firrito need to be given a spell this week, we would be better off playing Majak Daw up forward and using him to rest Goldy than persist with a woefully out of form Dish.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:19 pm

You had Adelaide Thursday night, then the bye, then West Coast away, so you had 17 days between Adelaide and the West Coast games. Can't complain about not being rested.

Petrie and Firrito are both looking very one paced. Slow.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Grenville » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Booney wrote:Well, what a cracking weekend to pick to go to Melbourne for the footy. The weather turned it on, Port turned it on and valleys07, Boon and Jnr Boon got tickets into the rooms after the game to watch the boys sing the song and mingle afterwards with some of the boys. Excellent weekend topped off with the trip into the rooms afterwards.

Kicked off with a less than large Friday night, valleys with a crook young bloke at home was looking for a pillow that didn't have small person dribble on it and the two Boon's take or leave a big one. Junior took $200 off Packer at the Crown, Black Jacking his way to buying some Jacks for the room Friday night.Saturday morning a stroll around the Vic Markets after a big brekky in a little cafe, the owner of the cafe not only giving me his race pages to look at but letting me peruse his marked up tips on the day. He went ok...

Harbour Town Hotel for some Ruby Tuesday ( Matilda Bay ) and Minimum Chips Lager, a nice steak joint on the Docklands for lunch ( review in restaurant thread ) before we walked across to Etihad.

What a sombre shit place that is. North spectators ( I won't call them supporters ) would have been confused by the Port people offering some banter and atmosphere. Stunned mullets sit on their hands looking on like they're in front of the box at home. Passionless, dull, disinterested in supporting their team, they might as well sit at home. Terrible turn out and "support" for a side on the slide who needs a lift. 24,000 in the best time slot of the weekend and about 5000 were in black, white and teal and full voice.

To the game, Goldy is cooked. He can barely get off the ground and because of this and Trengove playing as the 4th mid on the ground ( 7 clearances 4 of which were in the middle ) Port win the centre clearances 7-0 in the first quarter and it's game over, pretty much. Brown was the only target for North, Petrie, Waite and Anderson are about as threatening as a Turkish Military coup at the moment. If Petrie isn't dropped this week then they're playing sentimental favorites. 7 goals in his last 8 games and never looked likely on the weekend. 6th gamer Logan Austin in his best game at AFL level kept Petrie out of it and showed he has a future. Waite you can excuse, he needed the run and will get better. Brown looked like he would have caught a pokemon with his bare hands if it was in the right area, he was very good.

On Port, I noted to valleys that the skipper was quiet, then saw he had 18 or so at the half and ended up with 32. Robbie Gray in the middle was excellent, Ollie Wines with 4 centre clearances and big bodied Ah Chee with 2 got us going early. Up front and around the ground Westhoff pretty much did as he pleased finishing with 3, Schulz got some ball ( 10 touches, 5 marks, 3 goals ) to get some feel for it and the Chad made the most of every touch with 2 goals and some important F50 entries ( 5 ).

All in all though the stunned North spectators were about as inspiring as their side and if Harvey at 38 was their BOG then they've got a massive shake up ahead with Petrie done, Firrito really is a spud, Goldstein knackered, Thomas off to Rio for the 3m spring board and some of their blokes not offering anything much at all. Too much for too few and you couldn't even hear whatever a Shinboner is.

Boons Best - Gray, Westhoff, Boak, Wines, Wingard, Young, the option of Fat Yak Pales at the ground and the chick in active wear on our flight home yesterday morning. In fact, she might pip Gray for Best of the Weekend. Valleys?

Went to Alberton yesterday and I reckon Lobbe might be back sooner rather than later to let Trengove go back in defence and pinch hit in the middle.

Fat Yaks at Etihad? Cheers for the heads up, I'm over there in 4 weeks. I reckon I know the cafe you're on about, they do a big breakfast with a cuppa included for about 14 bucks. Next time you're over there go to The Hoff Downtown, it's sneezing distance from Etihad. Bloody tasty German food with big bastard beers. I recommend the platter that's about $100 for two people, has schnitzel, sausages, pork belly, pork knuckle, sauerkraut, red cabbage, mash and a couple of other things I've forgotten.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Fat Yaks are $9.50, Carlton Draught are $7.80.

The cafe is opposite the toilet block at the fresh produce end of the Vic Markets, near where the buses park. Cnr Queen and Therry St, also near the CBA ATM. Nothing much to look at, was $22 for big brekky and a coffee and I couldn't complain.

On the Docklands, http://www.steakhouse66.com.au/lunch-special-20-steak/ had a $20 lunch special. A steak, some coleslaw and chunky chips. Quite a few beers on offer, around $7-8 for a good range.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Grenville » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Booney wrote:Fat Yaks are $9.50, Carlton Draught are $7.80.

The cafe is opposite the toilet block at the fresh produce end of the Vic Markets, near where the buses park. Cnr Queen and Therry St, also near the CBA ATM. Nothing much to look at, was $22 for big brekky and a coffee and I couldn't complain.

On the Docklands, http://www.steakhouse66.com.au/lunch-special-20-steak/ had a $20 lunch special. A steak, some coleslaw and chunky chips. Quite a few beers on offer, around $7-8 for a good range.

I might have a butchers, cheers Booney
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:02 am

JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Crazy horse....

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Gentlemens Gallery - King Street is my tip.

Lonsdale St ;)

We are both correct JK... Corner of Lonsdale & King Streets.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:47 am

Corona Man wrote:
JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Crazy horse....

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Gentlemens Gallery - King Street is my tip.

Lonsdale St ;)

We are both correct JK... Corner of Lonsdale & King Streets.

Just a shame Goldfingers isnt there any more :(
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL