Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:26 pm

What a trainwreck that was. Biggest downfall was the intensity from Port, especially in the first half. The inconsistency of pure desire from Port for 2 years now tells you that there are massive issues. Those issues aren't injuries either!

A tough decision needs to be made, it's been obvious for a while now!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Add to that... All clubs have been through what Port are going through now. But it's obvious their current set up ain't going to win a flag in the next 3-4 years. Heck it ain't going to make a top 4! Have the balls, make the call!

I hate Port in an Adelaide v Port way but hope they do well when the Crows aren't playing them so it's not a bitter opinion.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby carey » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:35 am

Bottom line is we've become the most irrelevant club in the AFL. Sad but true.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby UK Fan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:34 am

carey wrote:Bottom line is we've become the most irrelevant club in the AFL. Sad but true.

I've only been saying this for 10 years.

youll also forgot overrated
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby gossipgirl » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:23 am

:( Ironically port will probably play really well in the showdown
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:28 pm

They probably will. But it doesn't solve their issues in the greater scheme of things.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:32 pm

carey wrote:Bottom line is we've become the most irrelevant club in the AFL. Sad but true.

That's a bit harsh mate. It's an attitude thing and that's clear as daylight. I think the supporters and the club itself are playing their part, it's on the park and in the preparation they have shit the bed. The coaches and the players haven't been on the same page for 2 years.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:55 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:

That's a bit harsh mate. It's an attitude thing and that's clear as daylight. I think the supporters and the club itself are playing their part, it's on the park and in the preparation they have shit the bed. The coaches and the players haven't been on the same page for 2 years.

I think the media hype on port Adelaide pre the 2016 season starting is a big reason they've fallen over .
Not an anti port post .
On channel 7 news they were flogged to death every time for months it was all Chad Wingard
I'm told 9 was on the crows back but I've also told the crows didn't do interviews like port did .

Guess when your told you will finish top 4 before the season starts its get in your head .
That's not an attack on port
But the crows were judged to be lucky to be in the 8 .

At this stage those media experts shouldn't be listened to at times
But Port needs to thin out some players draft or trade better
Coaching staff may need a revamp
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Voss as midfield coach. What were you thinking?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Port need to give up on the gimmicks and get back to playing footy. Seems like they are more worried about Chinese deals and pre match entertainment more than their key goal which is winning games of footy. If you are winning you don't need all these other gimmicks to attract fans to the footy. They have had a couple of poor years and their fans need to toughen up a bit, a lot of other clubs could only wish to be where Port is.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Jim05 wrote:Port need to give up on the gimmicks and get back to playing footy. Seems like they are more worried about Chinese deals and pre match entertainment more than their key goal which is winning games of footy. If you are winning you don't need all these other gimmicks to attract fans to the footy. They have had a couple of poor years and their fans need to toughen up a bit, a lot of other clubs could only wish to be where Port is.

Port fans are Football people and will go. However, because they can only tap into the "Port" market they have to be more creative to capture a younger non-traditional "Portie" market in order to grow as a club. What made Port such a tough foe, and eventually got them into the AFL was the "us or them" mantra. While this served them very well locally it has proven to be something of a setback nationally. I know of some but not too many non Magpies fans who follow the Power.

The problem is not the icing, but the cake. Port lack depth and they need to shake up the box a little to throw more fresh legs and some new strategies at the opposition. Despite this season fizzling out, a lot still works at Port. KT and Kochie are getting it right, but the core business needs some tinkering moving forward. It is some poor list management decisions and coaching appointments that are the problem, not any marketing exercises that have captured the imagination and have proven to be successful strategies for "growing the brand".

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Mickyj » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Port need to give up on the gimmicks and get back to playing footy. Seems like they are more worried about Chinese deals and pre match entertainment more than their key goal which is winning games of footy. If you are winning you don't need all these other gimmicks to attract fans to the footy. They have had a couple of poor years and their fans need to toughen up a bit, a lot of other clubs could only wish to be where Port is.

Port fans are Football people and will go. However, because they can only tap into the "Port" market they have to be more creative to capture a younger non-traditional "Portie" market in order to grow as a club. What made Port such a tough foe, and eventually got them into the AFL was the "us or them" mantra. While this served them very well locally it has proven to be something of a setback nationally. I know of some but not too many non Magpies fans who follow the Power.

The problem is not the icing, but the cake. Port lack depth and they need to shake up the box a little to throw more fresh legs and some new strategies at the opposition. Despite this season fizzling out, a lot still works at Port. KT and Kochie are getting it right, but the core business needs some tinkering moving forward. It is some poor list management decisions and coaching appointments that are the problem, not any marketing exercises that have captured the imagination and have proven to be successful strategies for "growing the brand".

regards,

REB

Let's be honest all the port Adelaide ads on channel 7 and Foxtel over over over and over again .
Works against port non port people young or old can't stand them enjoy seeing them loose at Adelaide oval .
They made themselves the enemy to non port fans in the SANFL
If they want more people they would need to attract younger fans how no clue .

But pushing that brand down our throats works against non port people
True
And it's not just Crows fans either every non port fan is inspired to not support them with all that old fashioned pats on the back hype on the tv screens
And Dawyne Russell yes he's in the media is very anti Adelade is that really helpful to port Adelaide
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby GWW » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:52 pm

Dwayne Russell isnt anti-Crows at all, if anything he has always overly negative towards Port, and tends to show a soft spot for the Crows, dating back to when his son was performing at Crows games with his band a few years ago.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby GWW » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:56 pm

UK Fan wrote:

I've only been saying this for 10 years.

youll also forgot overrated

Not rated at all now, so not really over-rated.

Doubt we're more "irrelevant" than the Lions who we beat by 15 goals a few weeks ago.

Yes we stink and deserve most of the criticism we get, but we currently are not at 2011 levels at the moment.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Mickyj » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:02 pm

GWW wrote:Dwayne Russell isnt anti-Crows at all, if anything he has always overly negative towards Port, and tends to show a soft spot for the Crows, dating back to when his son was performing at Crows games with his band a few years ago.

Well your not hearing his comments on non port games he is a blatant pro port media person and does say things about the crows
It's a fact
I was just saying things that do not attract non port fans to following port
And when I was working in a wharehouse full of port and crows fans after port win a showdown 6 times a day most of the following week the port song is played non stop crows win no song permitted

And I'm not being anti port just saying what goes on in the real world that isn't part of the port crowd
This flogging like a dead horse of that port Adelaide add on 7 and Foxtel is really shocking it must hurt people's decision to follow or not follow
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Take my word for it, people who don't follow crows or port. Dislike them equally!! From media to supporters. :)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Booney » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:10 pm

You think the football department spend time ordering fireworks? Come on Jim, you know the two things have little to do with each other.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby JK » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Who gets a pass mark for the season Booney?

DBJ, Hombsch, Trengove, Gray, Ebert, Young, Krakeour?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Ruben Carter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:31 pm

JK wrote:Who gets a pass mark for the season Booney?

I've liked Impey's season and Pittard has been probably our best player most of the year.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby JK » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:43 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
JK wrote:Who gets a pass mark for the season Booney?

I've liked Impey's season and Pittard has been probably our best player most of the year.

Fair call about Impey, and I did wonder about Pittard .. Whichever way you look at it, there won't be enough names listed so its reflective of where Port currently find themselves I guess.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL