Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:55 am

another grub wrote:Thanks. I have been working all day and only seen the comments on facebook.

Glad she is getting what she deserved

So maybe and its just a thought. When you get home take 5 minutes to do a little research (afl.com au) before you log into the forum and shoot your mouth off and come across as an idiot.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:56 am

therisingblues wrote:
another grub wrote:What a beat up over throwing some fruit.

How weak are we ? Really?

I wonder what the person who filmed it thought?
A) "Oh my GOD!!! That terrible person threw fruit."
B) "You beauty! I caught that on camera! Wait until everyone sees THIS!"

Personally, if I filmed a Sturt supporter doing that, or a supporter of any other club for that matter, I would tell that person I filmed it, then possibly take it to the relevant club if that person's reaction wasn't satisfactory, otherwise I would delete it straight away. The one thing I would not do is put it online. The world has indeed gone mad over this pointless crap.

The footage was online so quickly it wasnt funny.

To answer your question the answer is B. They couldn't get it online fast enough. Imagine the likes they would have gotten on there facebook like you know whatever.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:02 am

The baffling thing about this is that there is a fair amount of people who can't work out how this is racist!!!!! Morons
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby carey » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:43 am

bennymacca wrote:
another grub wrote:Thanks. I have been working all day and only seen the comments on facebook.

Glad she is getting what she deserved

And yet you posted on here multiple times saying it was just fruit throwing whilst clearly not knowing all of the info...

That is an SOP of safooty.net
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:10 am

Dynamo Dresden's fans threw a severed bulls head durinng their cup win over Red Bull on the weekend.
At least it wasn't racially motivated.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby valleys07 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:12 am

Did anyone happen to catch the call this morning on AA from the father of the woman in question, "Don"?

There is defending your child, then there is head in the sand, then there is "Don".

"Media sensationalism". Pfft. No mate- your daughter has admitted she is racist.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby stan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:15 am

valleys07 wrote:Did anyone happen to catch the call this morning on AA from the father of the woman in question, "Don"?

There is defending your child, then there is head in the sand, then there is "Don".

"Media sensationalism". Pfft. No mate- your daughter has admitted she is racist.

5aa have there own issues like there patrons punching on in there corporate area. Apparently or I should use the word allegedly every game at AO the patrons in there legends corporate area get pissed each week with no limits or responsibility taken by 5aa for there patrons. Plenty of people ejected from this area. Might also be why the crows numbers for fans ejected is so high as well.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:19 am

woodublieve12 wrote:The baffling thing about this is that there is a fair amount of people who can't work out how this is racist!!!!! Morons

I think its clear this was racially motivated. I have only seen one person on here debate that then they quickly change their tune when the facts came out.

Port have came out very quickly to stamp this out. They have quite a good aboriginal and culture diversity program so if they have determined it was racially motivated I would say they would be a good judge of that.
stan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:41 am

valleys07 wrote:Did anyone happen to catch the call this morning on AA from the father of the woman in question, "Don"?

The article I read about it also said don hasn't actually spoken to his daughter since the incident anyway!
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:48 am

bennymacca wrote:

The article I read about it also said don hasn't actually spoken to his daughter since the incident anyway!

The bloke is an idiot.

Apparently he was told by his sister late yesterday afternoon that it was his daughter who was involved.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:10 am

stan wrote:

5aa have there own issues like there patrons punching on in there corporate area. Apparently or I should use the word allegedly every game at AO the patrons in there legends corporate area get pissed each week with no limits or responsibility taken by 5aa for there patrons. Plenty of people ejected from this area. Might also be why the crows numbers for fans ejected is so high as well.

3 hours of "free" piss, 2 hours before the game kick off and then shuts off at the end of half time, no wonder people are lashed in there. ( I know I was when I went in there ).

( Not free if you pay the $190 to go in there )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10834 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:16 am

The club has acted swiftly and appropriately, she's not doubt ashamed and for mine it's time to move on. Unlikely though as the media will get some legs out of this one.

On the footy, why can't we bring that every week? Melbourne, Fremantle and Carlton wouldn't have got near us if we did.

Hinkley can coach, Saturday night ( among other occasions ) has shown this. With little to no back half we managed to stay in the game, the movement from defence was quick and when we managed a chain of possessions we looked dangerous.

It's Wines time, while Boak has been a great leader for us I'm mounting a charge for Wines to be our captain next year. in the last 8 weeks when we've been on our last legs and we needed someone to stand up, it's been Wines. He's an absolute gun of the competition, not just the Port side and about to turn 22 in October I see no reason that he shouldn't be our on field leader next year and it's no disrespect to Boak intended.

Two Crowbots sitting near me, two blokes, one was on the beers the other on the chardonnay. The chardonnay was taking it's toll and the last 3 or 4 he came back with were half empty by the time he sat down. Then he had the audacity to get upset at being called a chardonnay drinker. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 am

Booney wrote:The club has acted swiftly and appropriately, she's not doubt ashamed and for mine it's time to move on. Unlikely though as the media will get some legs out of this one.

On the footy, why can't we bring that every week? Melbourne, Fremantle and Carlton wouldn't have got near us if we did.

Hinkley can coach, Saturday night ( among other occasions ) has shown this. With little to no back half we managed to stay in the game, the movement from defence was quick and when we managed a chain of possessions we looked dangerous.

It's Wines time, while Boak has been a great leader for us I'm mounting a charge for Wines to be our captain next year. in the last 8 weeks when we've been on our last legs and we needed someone to stand up, it's been Wines. He's an absolute gun of the competition, not just the Port side and about to turn 22 in October I see no reason that he shouldn't be our on field leader next year and it's no disrespect to Boak intended.

Two Crowbots sitting near me, two blokes, one was on the beers the other on the chardonnay. The chardonnay was taking it's toll and the last 3 or 4 he came back with were half empty by the time he sat down. Then he had the audacity to get upset at being called a chardonnay drinker. :lol:

Sounds like he was a Chardonnay spiller.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1283 times
Been liked: 3497 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:31 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:

3 hours of "free" piss, 2 hours before the game kick off and then shuts off at the end of half time, no wonder people are lashed in there. ( I know I was when I went in there ).

( Not free if you pay the $190 to go in there )

Yep, I definitely got wrecked when I went there.
I have very little idea of what went on it the game I went to.

There was a blue on Saturday night behind the southern goals, in the last quarter, and it's possible it happened in the area in which people who have those tickets sit.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:36 am

Yep, a chap was evicted after an altercation with an older lady from the FB posts I've seen.

Even on the train on the way in I heard people, in the same group of extended friends by the look of it, getting into each other in what can only be described as over the top for pre-game banter.

I had an older chap pat me on the shoulder in the Peter Carey bar before the game, saying "Sorry mate, rough night ahead for you" in his 19th man gear, he was told, clearly and succinctly.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:53 am

Booney wrote:Yep, a chap was evicted after an altercation with an older lady from the FB posts I've seen.

Even on the train on the way in I heard people, in the same group of extended friends by the look of it, getting into each other in what can only be described as over the top for pre-game banter.

I had an older chap pat me on the shoulder in the Peter Carey bar before the game, saying "Sorry mate, rough night ahead for you" in his 19th man gear, he was told, clearly and succinctly.

For instant D!ckhead, just add "Showdown"
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Postby stan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:03 am

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:Yep, a chap was evicted after an altercation with an older lady from the FB posts I've seen.

For instant D!ckhead, just add "Showdown"

Are you proposing to bottle it and sell itm
stan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:04 pm

On the actual game, it was a great spectacle. Good on Port for throwing everything they had at the Crows. It was an interesting clash of priorities Imo. Port fighting for nothing but pride, and the Crows needing to keep winning to finish higher up the ladder. Unlike Port though, they'll still need something in the tank come September.
I love this Eddie Betts fella. Malthouse probably just didn't know how to use him at Carlton, but it's a testament to his great character, his skill as a player and the way he goes about his game that he's still respected by the Blues cohort. I don't think I've seen an individual put on so many performances worthy of the highlight real in just the one year. He's got that freak quality that cannot be countered. If he can pull those rabbits out of his hat during the finals there's be no telling how far the Crows can go.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:12 pm

therisingblues wrote:Good on Port for throwing everything they had at the Crows.

:lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Wedgie wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Good on Port for throwing everything they had at the Crows.

:lol:

Haha!
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL