AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:Why aren't there any shows like the old Winners that gives an hour of highlights each round?

With all games live now there probably isn't the demand for one

Stop making sense.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8068 times

Postby JK » Mon May 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:Why aren't there any shows like the old Winners that gives an hour of highlights each round?

With all games live now there probably isn't the demand for one

Yeah true, would still be pretty popular though you'd think, wouldn't be too many people that watch all games each round
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3012 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Would cheap as chips to produce though. I would watch a highlights show like that. The EPL ones are great in that regard
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Now days you can sit and watch all 9 games start to finish wheras in the past you might be only able to see 2 or 3
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4301 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Brodlach wrote:Now days you can sit and watch all 9 games start to finish wheras in the past you might be only able to see 2 or 3

It's only a rare occasion most would watch the replay from start to finish.

We've had some hum-dinger games this season where I've just earmarked the last 5 or 10 minutes of them to watch.

I'm waiting to watch the arse end of the GWS win on the weekend, I watched Freo break Richmond's heart the week before, how demoralising for consecutive weeks.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm

JK wrote:
Yeah true, would still be pretty popular though you'd think, wouldn't be too many people that watch all games each round

I for one would sit and watch a 5 or 6 minute highlight reel from each game over the weekend, show wrapped up in an hour and fully packed with game.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Now days you can sit and watch all 9 games start to finish wheras in the past you might be only able to see 2 or 3

It's only a rare occasion most would watch the replay from start to finish.

We've had some hum-dinger games this season where I've just earmarked the last 5 or 10 minutes of them to watch.

I'm waiting to watch the arse end of the GWS win on the weekend, I watched Freo break Richmond's heart the week before, how demoralising for consecutive weeks.

Brilliant I reckon. Screw Richmond. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7628 times
Been liked: 11097 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 22, 2017 2:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

I for one would sit and watch a 5 or 6 minute highlight reel from each game over the weekend, show wrapped up in an hour and fully packed with game.

the game highlights on the afl website are pretty good and do exactly as described.

i guess we are supposed to just go there and watch them
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 22, 2017 2:40 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

the game highlights on the afl website are pretty good and do exactly as described.

i guess we are supposed to just go there and watch them

I don't get to see them on there as I only log on at work.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:23 am

This Tegen Higginbottam or whatever her name is gives me the shits. Dunno why but find her so annoying.

Don't watch the Bounce a heap, but every now and then will tune in if I'm still craving a footy fix by the end of the round (plus Spud makes me laugh sometimes) - But her "turn it up" segment, where she finishes each play with an "absolutely" call makes me want to smash the TV in.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:28 am

She is Horrid!!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:33 am

JK wrote:This Tegen Higginbottam or whatever her name is gives me the shits. Dunno why but find her so annoying.

Don't watch the Bounce a heap, but every now and then will tune in if I'm still craving a footy fix by the end of the round (plus Spud makes me laugh sometimes) - But her "turn it up" segment, where she finishes each play with an "absolutely" call makes me want to smash the TV in.

Is Tegan IanBotham the weird looking chick that was sitting there like a Hannibal Lector yesterday on that thing that was on before the Melbourne match?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:37 am

Thats her.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:This Tegen Higginbottam or whatever her name is gives me the shits. Dunno why but find her so annoying.

Is Tegan IanBotham the weird looking chick that was sitting there like a Hannibal Lector yesterday on that thing that was on before the Melbourne match?

Not sure, but she has a head like a pug (apologies to pugs) and Foxtel obviously rates her .. Mike Sheehan's daughter gives me the shits too. Just to prove Im not being sexist, Dwayne Russell is still my no.1 most annoying, but his position is well and truly under threat.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:44 am

JK wrote:Im not being sexist, Dwayne Russell is still my no.1 most annoying, but his position is well and truly under threat.

Yep Dwaynes call of GWS/Carlton as an "EPIC" was a bit OTT...Carlton ended up winning cause they made less mistakes than GWS
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2422 times
Been liked: 3822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:56 am

JK wrote:
Not sure, but she has a head like a pug (apologies to pugs) and Foxtel obviously rates her .. Mike Sheehan's daughter gives me the shits too. Just to prove Im not being sexist, Dwayne Russell is still my no.1 most annoying, but his position is well and truly under threat.

I had it on but wasn't really paying much attention, I thought the game was gonna start much earlier and the remote was on the other lounge so I just pushed through it.

She just basically sat there like a bobble-head from what I had seen and I don't recall her having any input.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:22 pm

She tries to be bubbly but comes across as awkward. She's especially awkward when doing Turn It Up and I agree, her absolutely call is cringeworthy.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10703 times
Been liked: 1560 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:Im not being sexist, Dwayne Russell is still my no.1 most annoying, but his position is well and truly under threat.

Yep Dwaynes call of GWS/Carlton as an "EPIC" was a bit OTT...Carlton ended up winning cause they made less mistakes than GWS

Which in turn, therefore was 'epic'. :D

Hehehe, my 8 yo said to me "is that our best win ever dad"? I had to quell his enthusiasm somewhat by saying "ahh, it was a good win, but not our best mate".

Na, it was a scrap. 10 goals to 9 under the roof isn't what I'd class an epic. We have these little wins every now and again, so we'll take em.

To keep this on track, Tegan annoys me but I can always put up with commentary or shows I choose to watch if they play a bit role. I choose to watch the Bounce because there isn't a lot of light hearted stuff and Jason does a great job. Danny's a knob.

Dwayne's a good caller overall but the 'bends it back' when we have a shot from behind the goal and it goes dead straight ...."bending, bending....." shut up d'brain!

BT's segment in the rooms after the games surely has to be the most cringeworthy tv going around. Why does Ch 7 have to drag the telecast on for so long afterward??
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 781 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:54 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

She tries to be bubbly but comes across as awkward. She's especially awkward when doing Turn It Up and I agree, her absolutely call is cringeworthy.

the whole bounce show is forced most of the time. they arent exactly given good material to work with.

she is pretty annoying but its par for the course on that show. would be much better if they had a lot more segments to rotate through
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:23 pm

I miss my Foxtel... while I agree with some of the sentiments here re the bounce, it's good Sunday evening, give your brain a break television.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1299 times
Been liked: 3558 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL