AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Postby MW » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
carey wrote:360 tonight hammering Collingwood and Buckley. How the hell do the Kangaroos and Scott avoid all this???

Because they're irrelevant

Wish I supported a club like the Crows that has been so successul this century so I could be as arrogant as you. Wowwee! :shock:

Yep cause it's all about the Crows :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:03 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
carey wrote:360 tonight hammering Collingwood and Buckley. How the hell do the Kangaroos and Scott avoid all this???

Wish I supported a club like the Crows that has been so successul this century so I could be as arrogant as you. Wowwee! :shock:

Yep cause it's all about the Crows :lol:

Obviously!
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:

Good. Then we can erase the 97 premiership from the history books, you beat an irrelevant club.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1299 times
Been liked: 3558 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:

Good. Then we can erase the 97 premiership from the history books, you beat an irrelevant club.

98 but I'm sure he has the same opinion of St Kilda as their record is worse than North's by a long shot.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:49 pm

:lol:
Collingwood, with over 70k members, high profile coach, high profile president, demand media attention.

North Melbourne... :lol: ...no members, a Scott brother for coach who didn't walk into a ready made side, a try hard high profile president who thinks he's 25 not 50, do not demand media attention unless Jim shoehorns them into his shows.

Basic maths. Giving what the fans want.

But yes, it's about the Crows :D :lol:
MW
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:08 pm

MW wrote:North Melbourne... :lol: ...no members, a Scott brother for coach who didn't walk into a ready made side, a try hard high profile president who thinks he's 25 not 50, do not demand media attention unless Jim shoehorns them into his shows.

Ummm, 40k members (not bad for an "irrelevant" club) and Ben Buckley is our chairman, Brayshaw stepped down as per our club's constitution at the end of last year. If you're going to hang shit, please go right ahead - at least get it remotely correct though.
Another poster used the word numpty to describe certain crow posters yesterday...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5712 times
Been liked: 5277 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Hey I resemble that poster :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4312 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Brodlach wrote:Hey I resemble that poster :lol:

:lol:

Spargo
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:24 pm

MW wrote::lol:
Collingwood, with over 70k members, high profile coach, high profile president, demand media attention.

North Melbourne... :lol: ...no members, a Scott brother for coach who didn't walk into a ready made side, a try hard high profile president who thinks he's 25 not 50, do not demand media attention unless Jim shoehorns them into his shows.

Can't even bag North without getting facts wrong :lol: :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3836 times

Postby MW » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:31 pm

Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:North Melbourne... :lol: ...no members, a Scott brother for coach who didn't walk into a ready made side, a try hard high profile president who thinks he's 25 not 50, do not demand media attention unless Jim shoehorns them into his shows.

Ummm, 40k members (not bad for an "irrelevant" club) and Ben Buckley is our chairman, Brayshaw stepped down as per our club's constitution at the end of last year. If you're going to hang shit, please go right ahead - at least get it remotely correct though.
Another poster used the word numpty to describe certain crow posters yesterday...

I stand by my opinion of this team
MW
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Can't even bag North without getting facts wrong :lol: :lol:

Semantics. The premise is there.
MW
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:46 pm

MW wrote:
Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:North Melbourne... :lol: ...no members, a Scott brother for coach who didn't walk into a ready made side, a try hard high profile president who thinks he's 25 not 50, do not demand media attention unless Jim shoehorns them into his shows.[/ 8

I stand by my opinion of this team

That would be your factually incorrect opinion...

Spargo
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 pm

Getting back on track with Caro and now you mention our ex-chairman JB....

How wrong she was with this article and one of the few times I've heard her say "I was wrong" and apologised.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 1atnf.html
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3836 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:11 am

Spargo wrote:

40,000 members. Why then do only 12,000 go to games?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 11105 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:41 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Same reason there are 65,000 Port members and less than 40,000 go to games. Hawks/Pies have 140,000 combined and got 50k on the weekend. North has about 8000 Tassie members I think. Membership numbers mean nothing it's only the dollars from memberships that mean anything.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:50 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Same reason there are 65,000 Port members and less than 40,000 go to games. Hawks/Pies have 140,000 combined and got 50k on the weekend. North has about 8000 Tassie members I think. Membership numbers mean nothing it's only the dollars from memberships that mean anything.

I understand that, but they struggle badly to get fans to games. If they've got 8000 Tassie members then that's only just over 30,000 Melbourne members, that's not a great outlook when it's fair to assume their next 3-5 years aren't going to deliver much finals action.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 11105 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:[quote="MW"]North Melbourne... :lol: ...no members, a Scott brother for coach who didn't walk into a ready made side, a try hard high profile president who thinks he's 25 not 50, do not demand media attention unless Jim shoehorns them into his shows.

I understand that, but they struggle badly to get fans to games. If they've got 8000 Tassie members then that's only just over 30,000 Melbourne members, that's not a great outlook when it's fair to assume their next 3-5 years aren't going to deliver much finals action.[/quote]
Agreed. They need to be playing finals regularly or they are in strife. They can't afford a few lean years consecutively
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:51 pm

The front bar beat the footy show even more convincingly in Melbourne this week in their 2nd clash.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Yeah, we demand all that media attention. Because we need so many articles about why Buckley's under the pump. Heck, we needed another hate-in on Cloke, followed by love-ins when he went elsewhere.

It is nice that a Crows supporter can look past the media attention their club receives in this state to focus on us.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby MW » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

Yeah, we demand all that media attention. Because we need so many articles about why Buckley's under the pump. Heck, we needed another hate-in on Cloke, followed by love-ins when he went elsewhere.

It is nice that a Crows supporter can look past the media attention their club receives in this state to focus on us.

Way to take it out of context champ
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL