Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby infinity+1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Grahaml wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:
For the more advanced members there's enough time to knit a set of oven mitts before removing the pan.

My grandma came over the other day and gave my 4 month old a crows blanket she has knitted.

Sometimes stereotypes are there because they have an element of truth.

Well, most stereotypes begin as an observation of reality. It becomes a problem with it's not representational or out dated.

But I'm, still struggling with why it seems to be used as an insult. Apricot slice is great and I wish I had some now. Knitting is going out of fashion but that's probably because we can buy clothes from China for 50 cents. The people you're talking about did just happen to grow up in an era where they didn't have a lot because most of the world had spent their resources trying to stop Hitler and Hirohito taking over the world.

Wonder what colour scarfs beryl would knit for the first 50 years of her life before the beloved crows were manufactured?
infinity+1
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:33 pm

@valleys07, where's your review of the Richmond game?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:10 am

Failed Creation wrote:@valleys07, where's your review of the Richmond game?

what he said..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4041 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:44 am

Zartan wrote:

what he said..

Valleys will be more analytical than me, but as far as I saw Richmond raised the white flag with 15 minutes to go because it all got too hard.

This confirms they are the only team that carries a white surrender flag with them to every match. Says much about their club.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby valleys07 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:53 am

Sorry lads, I have been a bit busy.

I'll have it up in the coming days.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 am

Booney wrote:
Zartan wrote:

what he said..

Valleys will be more analytical than me, but as far as I saw Richmond raised the white flag with 15 minutes to go because it all got too hard.

This confirms they are the only team that carries a white surrender flag with them to every match. Says much about their club.

Hardwick, Choco, Lade...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5545 times
Been liked: 5174 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:05 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:
Zartan wrote:

what he said..

Hardwick, Choco, Lade...

Would be driving Choco mad being involved there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:08 am

Booney wrote:
Zartan wrote:

what he said..

Ah, so this isnt a pre-season kick and catch anymore? They should flog themselves when they were down to 15 fit players and jeopardise their round one performance?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:17 am

They weren't down to 15 fit players, they had 19 still fit to play they just chose not to risk Deledio, Cotchin and Reiwoldt among others towards the end of the contest and wanted to call it off 10 minutes early.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:22 am

Bloody smart move if you ask me.
Hardwick asking for the game to be called off went a bit far, but resting those players is just smart coaching.
At that stage, the risk outweighs the reward with their stars.
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:06 am

Simply, not good enough Krak :

*EDIT*

Given Krakouer was given a life line by Port Adelaide at the start of 2015 it is very disappointing that he has put himself in this position. He's currently recovering from a hamstring strain, heads home to Perth and puts himself in a position like this. Not good enough and I think the club and leaders would be very disappointed.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PORT ADELAIDE released a statement on Tuesday morning confirming defender Nathan Krakouer had undergone surgery to repair a broken jaw after an incident in Perth on Saturday.

The statement released by the club is as follows:

Port Adelaide player Nathan Krakouer is recovering from surgery on a broken jaw after an incident while out with family in Perth in the early hours of Saturday, March 12.

The 27-year-old was outside a nightclub when he was struck in the head. He has reported the attack to police, who are investigating.

Krakouer was in Perth on a club-sanctioned break but Port Adelaide Football Manager, Chris Davies, says his decision to be drinking at a nightclub was unacceptable.

“Nathan is still recovering from a hamstring strain and his choice to drink alcohol while rehabilitating that injury is far from the professional standards we expect at the Port Adelaide Football Club,” Davies said.

The club’s leadership group has decided Krakouer will train away from the main group until the end of AFL Round 2 and will not be considered for senior selection until AFL Round 6 at the earliest.

Krakouer has apologised to teammates, club staff and supporters and is committed to earning back their trust.

“There is no excuse for me to have been drinking, particularly when I’m still recovering from injury,” Krakouer said. “I’m sorry for betraying the trust of everyone associated with the football club and will do whatever I can to contribute to achieving our goals for this season and beyond.”
Last edited by Booney on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:14 am

Preseason was marred a little by the second half fade out against Melbourne, while it's not an excuse Port played to 90 rotations on a 28° day at Elizabeth while Melbourne rotated over 130 times. Good reason for the fade out.

The young group sent to battle Sydney did so with some purpose and a couple, Dougal Howard in particular, showed signs that bode well for the future.

Finished off with a complete display against Richmond for 3 quarters before the pussy cats raised the white flag.

The most important part of the preseason saw Jared Polec get up to speed and play 3 full games ( intra club, Sydney, Melbourne ) and come through unscathed, Ollie Wines after and interrupted start to the summer got motoring in the last two games, especially the Richmond game, Bobby Carlile made a sound return looking fit to the back line in the last match and big Charlie Dixon made his presence felt in the last half against Richmond, perhaps showing his new team mates he intends to earn every dollar he's getting and that's lots of them.

While Dougal Howard will push for the role of back up big man, Sam Gray took another step towards being a player with solid performances to back up from his stellar end to 2015 and Tom Jonas looks like he's got some mobility back after having an up and down 2015. Toumpas showed a little, but his clear lack of numbers should see him in black and white to start the year, IMO.

FB : Pittard Carlile Jonas
HB : Broadbent Trengove Hombsch
C : Polec Wines Hartlett
HF : Neade Westhoff R.Gray
FF : Wingard Dixon Schulz
Foll : Lobbe Boak Ebert
Int : S.Gray,Ah Chee,Impey,Young
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:23 am

FFS Krak. Not ****ing good enough.

Great stance by the club in stating he will not be considered for senior selection until R6.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:28 am

valleys07 wrote:FFS Krak. Not ****ing good enough.

Great stance by the club in stating he will not be considered for senior selection until R6.

Might be a bit soft IMO. If he's had surgery for a broken jaw he's probably 6-8 weeks from playing, I think the ban should have been longer than the expected time frame for his return.

I'd think he'll be demoted back to the rookie list and we might see Snelling get rewarded for his preseason. Either that or Mitchell gets the call up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Only hearing kane and rucci yesterday saying how disciplined they've been under ken and how any indiscretions might lead to sponsors jumping off
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2638 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:03 pm

MW wrote:Only hearing kane and rucci yesterday saying how disciplined they've been under ken and how any indiscretions might lead to sponsors jumping off

Not sure sponsors jump off as quickly as they once did with Port Adelaide. We've grown to a (I hate this) national product and sponsors are on board with that.

Really poor from from Krak, he was given a lifeline and when he was demoted back to the rookie list this year I thought it was a sign of the end getting closer for him, this might be the deciding factor for his AFL career and he'll not have anyone else to blame.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Booney wrote:
valleys07 wrote:FFS Krak. Not ****ing good enough.

Might be a bit soft IMO. If he's had surgery for a broken jaw he's probably 6-8 weeks from playing, I think the ban should have been longer than the expected time frame for his return.

I'd think he'll be demoted back to the rookie list and we might see Snelling get rewarded for his preseason. Either that or Mitchell gets the call up.

Agreed boon!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Only hearing kane and rucci yesterday saying how disciplined they've been under ken and how any indiscretions might lead to sponsors jumping off

Not sure sponsors jump off as quickly as they once did with Port Adelaide. We've grown to a (I hate this) national product and sponsors are on board with that.

Really poor from from Krak, he was given a lifeline and when he was demoted back to the rookie list this year I thought it was a sign of the end getting closer for him, this might be the deciding factor for his AFL career and he'll not have anyone else to blame.

In all seriousness, is he really up to AFL standard anyway?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5545 times
Been liked: 5174 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:50 pm

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:

In all seriousness, is he really up to AFL standard anyway?

Yes and no. His foot skills and decision making are as good as most small defenders in the league, however his commitment and ability to present in the shape required to perform at that level for 10 months a year is not.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Got to wonder why he is flying back and forth to Perth when the break is only 3 days?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3597 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL