trade week 2010 Oct 5-11

Talk on the national game

Re: trade week 2010 Oct 5-11

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:
The Riddler wrote:I'm still not convinced about Tambling either and whether this is a good thing, I've never seen him play a good game but I'll give him a chance and jump on the 'Hopefully a new environment will bring out the best in him" bandwagon :)

The jury is definitely out, but I think it will turn out to be a good trade. It's Ricky Nixon who is declaring it a done deal at the moment though not the clubs, so I'll believe it when I see it confirmed properly.

Aren't the Crows better off keeping their trade for Bock and use it on an up and comer?? Sure, Gold Coast get the majority of the early picks but when Tambling is involved, I would have thought you're better off looking at the long term gain by using that draft pick on a long term prospect, as opposed to the short term pain by bringing him in to the club. I think he is absolute crap and think you're mad getting him.

Agreed BC.

The thing is BC Tambling is only 23-24 he has his best years ahead of him. You may get a youngster that never eventuates into anything (luck of the draw).

Reading Nixons comments about where he sees Tamblings best position (HBF) he would fit in perfectly at Adelaide. Lets not forget he has been in an average side his whole career, not played on a HBF and a player like Tambling is never going to reach full potential in a team like that.

So to say he is absolute crap is extremely harsh IMO.

There is no doubt he can play, there are a number of reasons as to why he hasnt reached his full potential and i think that they will be fixed at AFC and he will comlement AFC if the deal goes through

Thats just IMO though :lol:
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Gingernuts » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:
The Riddler wrote:I'm still not convinced about Tambling either and whether this is a good thing, I've never seen him play a good game but I'll give him a chance and jump on the 'Hopefully a new environment will bring out the best in him" bandwagon :)

The jury is definitely out, but I think it will turn out to be a good trade. It's Ricky Nixon who is declaring it a done deal at the moment though not the clubs, so I'll believe it when I see it confirmed properly.

Aren't the Crows better off keeping their trade for Bock and use it on an up and comer?? Sure, Gold Coast get the majority of the early picks but when Tambling is involved, I would have thought you're better off looking at the long term gain by using that draft pick on a long term prospect, as opposed to the short term pain by bringing him in to the club. I think he is absolute crap and think you're mad getting him.

I think Adelaide has enough young up and comers on it's list, and is in a position where it can pull a couple of riskier moves on the trade table.

Adelaide wants to be a top 4 side sooner rather than later, using the Bock pick next year or the year after isn't going to help that cause. The Tambling trade might not either, but I reckon it's a risk worth taking personally.
Gingernuts
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Sorry Dude » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:15 pm

Gingernuts wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:

I think Adelaide has enough young up and comers on it's list, and is in a position where it can pull a couple of riskier moves on the trade table.

Adelaide wants to be a top 4 side sooner rather than later, using the Bock pick next year or the year after isn't going to help that cause. The Tambling trade might not either, but I reckon it's a risk worth taking personally.

The risk is there, but to have a 23-24yo player with an AFL body and experience that is a #4 draft pick is a good choice. Especially with the draft being polluted with GC17 and GWS pics. There is a lot of upside to Tambling with him wanting to play well at a successful club and also with a change of scenery and coaching staff.

I just hope it pays off :?
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:24 pm

Wake up and smell the roses boys. He has been bloody useless for the Tigers in a very ordinary team and that is not going to change if he comes to the Crows. If he was anything half decent, he would at least be standing out a bit in a very poor team.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 896 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Gingernuts » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Wake up and smell the roses boys. He has been bloody useless for the Tigers in a very ordinary team and that is not going to change if he comes to the Crows. If he was anything half decent, he would at least be standing out a bit in a very poor team.

Oh well, If the trade goes through then at least it will give us something interesting to talk about on here next year. :D
Gingernuts
League - Top 5

Postby the joker » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Looks Like the deal to get Andrew Walker to the Crows will be done by Friday as well
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Wake up and smell the roses boys. He has been bloody useless for the Tigers in a very ordinary team and that is not going to change if he comes to the Crows. If he was anything half decent, he would at least be standing out a bit in a very poor team.

Ur missing the point BC. He isnt a standout win your own footy player! If his team doesnt have the footy, which in his career they havent had much of the footy, then he isnt in the game. AFC have the ball winners, just no one to give it to.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby LMA » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:33 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
This could work out very well for the crows....Tambling was a number 2 draft pick? and has been in a very struggling side ever since he's been in the system. He could well by a very good player in a team where he has good players around him. Espec in a very good Crows defence running off half back.

And the difference in a move to Adelaide being ? ;)
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Footy Smart wrote:

Ur missing the point BC. He isnt a standout win your own footy player! If his team doesnt have the footy, which in his career they havent had much of the footy, then he isnt in the game. AFC have the ball winners, just no one to give it to.

Do they?????? I thought they all retired this year???
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:45 pm

every post i read from you is so negative. smile a bit
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:46 pm

the joker wrote:Looks Like the deal to get Andrew Walker to the Crows will be done by Friday as well

Whats the rumored trade joker?
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Gingernuts » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:48 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

:lol:
Gingernuts
League - Top 5

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:49 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just saying what I honestly believe. Hey, I may be wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if I am proven wrong, but I honestly believe he will be shite for Adelaide.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Gingernuts » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the trade weel chat they had going yesterday? I can't seem to find it today.

The AFL website is a terrible website for finding stuff.
Gingernuts
League - Top 5

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just saying what I honestly believe. Hey, I may be wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if I am proven wrong, but I honestly believe he will be shite for Adelaide.

so far your right but i dont blame him being in the Richmond side. but every post i read is negative not just that one
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the trade weel chat they had going yesterday? I can't seem to find it today.

The AFL website is a terrible website for finding stuff.

they only had it up for yesterday and monday. they were trying to push people to the trade week radio rather than have the chat up and running all week.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby The Riddler » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:00 pm

the joker wrote:Looks Like the deal to get Andrew Walker to the Crows will be done by Friday as well

Trade Week Radio mentioned Port could be sniffing around this space now :x
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:00 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

so far your right but i dont blame him being in the Richmond side. but every post i read is negative not just that one

Are you a member of the negative police??? :lol: :lol: Sorry mate. I'll try and be positive from now on.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:06 pm

The Riddler wrote:

who in there right mind will go to port!
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
The Riddler wrote:

who in there right mind will go to port!

Stop being so negative ;)
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL