Richmond 2016

Talk on the national game

Richmond 2016

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:How the **** does Hardwick keep his job?

Million dollar payout......that's how :shock:

Same position as the Crows with Sanderson and they made the tough call.

Completely different scenarios though. Crows sacked a guy midway through a term.
Richmond extended Hardwicks contract 6 months ago, the board would have to fall on their swords if they sack him now
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Richmond 2016

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:56 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:How the **** does Hardwick keep his job?

Completely different scenarios though. Crows sacked a guy midway through a term.
Richmond extended Hardwicks contract 6 months ago, the board would have to fall on their swords if they sack him now

Sanderson still had 2 years on his contract [would still be coach now] they extended his contract in 12/2013 gone in 9/2014. Pretty similar
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3836 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:59 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:[quote="Dutchy"]How the **** does Hardwick keep his job?

Sanderson still had 2 years on his contract [would still be coach now] they extended his contract in 12/2013 gone in 9/2014. Pretty similar[/quote]
Oh, thought Sando was sacked in his initial contract.
Definately similar then
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 am

Probably shows how poor the Tigers management is.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12336 times
Been liked: 3926 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:29 am

Sanderson was sacked because when Fagan presented his application for the Adelaide job he ripped the current board at the time a new arsehole for putting up with bullshit dished up. Sanderson was a dead man as soon as the Adelaide Crows gave Fagan the job. Need something similar to happen at Richmond.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 773 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:50 am

Gale, old Richmond boy, won't want to upset the masses by sacking Dimma, which in itself should be upsetting the masses!

Leave them be, the longer we can point and laugh at them the better. 11 finals since 1982, only won three of them, haven't won a final since 2001.

Leave them be. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 11105 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:46 am

Really - Grigg and Houli re-signed? That's Richmond's problem in a nutshell!

I know ordinary because I've lived it for 20 years, so this isn't me having a go at the Tiges - I'm equally as frustrated at my club....

Richmond are just not going to get better with these blokes playing AFL for the Tigers;

Ellis, Houli, Maric, Hampson, Vickery, Grigg, Lloyd, Edwards, etc, etc.

Now, don't get me wrong, all of these guys would be fine if they were players 17-24 on the list, but they're not. They're the better players on your list and hence why you're in so much strife.

Hardwick, I think is delusional. I really think he needs to think long and hard about who he has on the list and who is going to take Richmond to the next level. I mean we can see it, why can't he?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 781 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby David Brent » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:22 am

Interested to hear other Tigs or anyone's thoughts on the Richmond's off season & getting Prestia in.

I say give the GC pick 6 if they want it. Our history of picking decent kids early is horrible, why take the risk & get in a proven performer now.

Look like we will be losing 3 first round draft picks from the last 10 years in one hit.
- Vickery gone as RFA this should net us a Second Round pick which we need to keep as we gave up this years second round pick for Yarren ack!!
- Lennon walking out, I'm disappointed in this. Think the kid can play but Hardwick really ****** him over especially dropping him for that final last year when he was playing good footy. Who would want him maybe Carlton maybe GC in the Prestia deal im not sure??
- Conca will go, hopefully one of the WA clubs maybe Freo might be interested but I would doubt it. Might be worth a rookie list spot.

McBean delisted which means Griff will stay with Vickery going. Not sure on their contract status but I would be paying out S Morris & even big Ivan right now both are shot.

Who should we chase? I think if we can get him cheap we go after Nathan Vardy as a FWD/Ruck, I think he would be a good suit & is down the pecking order at the Cats. If GWS are off loading any kids maybe take a punt on one of them like Hoskin- Elliot.

Finally do we trade Deledio if the right option comes. A late first rounder would be a good get. My favourite player & it would kill me to see him at another club but I think it could be best for both parties. Look at the Bullies moving on Griff & Cooney & the Saints Goddard & Dal for picks years ago, ts paying off for them now. I think we need to go down the same path.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 162 times

Postby stan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:11 am

Goddard and Dalsanto went as free agents.

Griffen was part of that Boyd deal which I'm not sure they did that well.

Richmond need to offload a few and get back into the second round at least.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:43 pm

David Brent wrote:Interested to hear other Tigs or anyone's thoughts on the Richmond's off season & getting Prestia in.

I say give the GC pick 6 if they want it. Our history of picking decent kids early is horrible, why take the risk & get in a proven performer now.

Look like we will be losing 3 first round draft picks from the last 10 years in one hit.
- Vickery gone as RFA this should net us a Second Round pick which we need to keep as we gave up this years second round pick for Yarren ack!!
- Lennon walking out, I'm disappointed in this. Think the kid can play but Hardwick really ****** him over especially dropping him for that final last year when he was playing good footy. Who would want him maybe Carlton maybe GC in the Prestia deal im not sure??
- Conca will go, hopefully one of the WA clubs maybe Freo might be interested but I would doubt it. Might be worth a rookie list spot.

McBean delisted which means Griff will stay with Vickery going. Not sure on their contract status but I would be paying out S Morris & even big Ivan right now both are shot.

Who should we chase? I think if we can get him cheap we go after Nathan Vardy as a FWD/Ruck, I think he would be a good suit & is down the pecking order at the Cats. If GWS are off loading any kids maybe take a punt on one of them like Hoskin- Elliot.

Finally do we trade Deledio if the right option comes. A late first rounder would be a good get. My favourite player & it would kill me to see him at another club but I think it could be best for both parties. Look at the Bullies moving on Griff & Cooney & the Saints Goddard & Dal for picks years ago, ts paying off for them now. I think we need to go down the same path.

He would be a good trade for Deledio.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 901 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby David Brent » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:34 am

stan wrote:Goddard and Dalsanto went as free agents.

Griffen was part of that Boyd deal which I'm not sure they did that well.

Richmond need to offload a few and get back into the second round at least.

They still got draft picks for the free agents & they let them go by not offering them as much cash.

We should get a late second rounder for Vickery maybe.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Postby David Brent » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:36 am

Bum Crack wrote:
David Brent wrote:Interested to hear other Tigs or anyone's thoughts on the Richmond's off season & getting Prestia in.

He would be a good trade for Deledio.

What our third best player for a bloke who cant get a game behind Spud Stanley.... Sounds like a trade Richmond wouldn't pass up though haha
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:16 pm

Unlike Richmond, Rhys Stanley is improving all the time and actually has a future in the game and will be in action this month. The AFL should just fold Richmond, the only reason they don't is because of the TV rights and the fact that no one would want any of your cast-offs. As a Geelong fan, I hope they never ditch the Tiges because it's a guaranteed four points for the Catters.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1729 times
Been liked: 1837 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:29 pm

David Brent wrote:We know how bad we are, don't need this thread for others to come on & confirm this for us..

Correct Weight.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1299 times
Been liked: 3558 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Pag » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:38 pm

We can talk about getting second-rounders all we like, but premiership lists aren't going to be built around second-rounders. We need to package second-round picks together to try to move back up the draft. And then a new recruiting team to actually find a good player with those picks. Get Prestia and a couple of picks inside 30 this year, then aim to get 5 inside 20 next year. Although with what currency I'm not sure.

I love Lids as well, and as loyal as he's been, I'd be going to him and asking if he wants to win a flag. If he says yes, ask him where he thinks he can do that (honestly) and get him there. Even if we get unders back, the bloke has been so loyal and getting his $$$ off the books will be just as important as the player/pick in return. Same for Maric.

Houli and Grigg were stupid re-signings. A premiership contender might've wanted them for depth, why sign them halfway through the year? Dumb.

If we can get a second-rounder for Vickery I'll be more than pleased. Hawthorn will no doubt turn him into a 50-60 goal forward and everyone will say what a bad trade it was, but he ain't getting any better with us so what's the point in keeping him?
Shattered about Lennon wanting out, but can understand it from his perspective. Was never given the proper opportunity. Great overhead for his size, good user, smart. All the things we don't want in a player apparently.

IMO:

Already gone: Chaplin, McBean, Marcon
Need to go: Vickery, Conca, Moore (wtf?), Yarran (wtf?), Hunt, Maric
Should be on the table: Deledio, Edwards, B. Ellis, Lambert, Houli, Grigg

That's 15 of our list, plus Lennon who wants out, so 16. But that is really how big of an overhaul we need.

But we are so far off even being competitive with the Top 8 it is staggering. We're going a fair way down still before we come up.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:57 pm

Thought Grigg had been pretty good got you.

Yarran will surely be on the list, three year deal?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4312 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:09 pm

Conca requesting a trade now
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:57 pm

MW wrote:Conca requesting a trade now

Who would trade for him?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Yep Conca says I want a trade and Richmond say righto.

I'll start the bidding war off. I'll offer up 4 I repeat 4 red tins for him.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:14 pm

stan wrote:

Yep Conca says I want a trade and Richmond say righto.

I'll start the bidding war off. I'll offer up 4 I repeat 4 red tins for him.

I'd rather Conca than 4 red tins....yuk.

I will offer a burnt crumpet
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL