Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:43 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Bennell gets filmed doing it and gets sacked, but Carlisle does it and its not that big a deal? What am I missing here?

I think you're missing nothing, but it's less than 24 hours since this surfaced so let's see what unfolds today.

Is there a "cooling off" period in the draft / trade rules?

Bennell was sacked by his club, not punished by the AFL, and he has since been moved on.
I'm not sure where the Saints would sit, they're in the unenviable position of this happening when they've had him on their roster for less than 24 hours.
If my timelines are right, the video was being shopped around before the trade eventuated, so Carlisle was still a Bomber.
As an organisation, it's going to be interesting to see how they handle this, or what they're forced to do. Seems unfair on them that this has landed on their doorstep.

Apparantly the Saints knew of the incident but didnt know about it going to air. There have been some doubts over Jake for awhile and is the reason why the Dogs cooled on getting him a few weeks back. Beveridge was pretty scathing on him and his chatacter. He was also overheard by another clubs recruiter at a local footy match saying that his ex team mates are a mob of spastics
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:46 am

MW wrote:Bennell gets filmed doing it and gets sacked, but Carlisle does it and its not that big a deal? What am I missing here?

Bennell was never sacked he was stood down for a few weeks and then moved on at mutual consent.
Still queries over Jakes footage being legit or not and because its out of season the worst that can happen is he cops a strike and maybe a mild suspension. The interesting part will be if the rumours of him already having a strike or two are true
Jim05
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:49 am

Jim05 wrote:

Bennell was never sacked he was stood down for a few weeks and then moved on at mutual consent.
Still queries over Jakes footage being legit or not and because its out of season the worst that can happen is he cops a strike and maybe a mild suspension. The interesting part will be if the rumours of him already having a strike or two are true

lol mutual consent
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:55 am

It just beggars belief that he would be ok with the recording of that. Perhaps he already had a head full of snow and wasn't thinking very straight anyway, but to seemingly be a willing participant in such a happening is just unbelievable.

St Kilda, IMO, have every right to be absolutely filthy. He became a St Kilda player yesterday afternoon while not even in the country and then this surfaces. The 14 hours from LAX to Sydney will seem like a lifetime for him....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7628 times
Been liked: 11097 times

Postby MW » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:59 am

You need to remember that this is a guy who potted his teammates to his opponents at every chance he got. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby stan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:05 am

MW wrote:You need to remember that this is a guy who potted his teammates to his opponents at every chance he got. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Or the greatest bloke really.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:06 am

valleys07 wrote:
MW wrote:From an outsider looking in, what more do you get out of Lobbe than you don't get from Minson?

A decent character.

Minson is a shit bloke.

So he has said a few things to opposition players. Does that make him a shit bloke? Really unless you know him its hard to say hes a shit bloke.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:07 am

Booney wrote:It just beggars belief that he would be ok with the recording of that. Perhaps he already had a head full of snow and wasn't thinking very straight anyway, but to seemingly be a willing participant in such a happening is just unbelievable.

St Kilda, IMO, have every right to be absolutely filthy. He became a St Kilda player yesterday afternoon while not even in the country and then this surfaces. The 14 hours from LAX to Sydney will seem like a lifetime for him....

Wouldnt worry about the flight, id be more worried about customs coming back in. Sniffer dogs and rubber gloves at the ready, Jake may even be a guest on Border Security :D
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:09 am

stan wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
MW wrote:From an outsider looking in, what more do you get out of Lobbe than you don't get from Minson?
A decent character.Minson is a shit bloke.

So he has said a few things to opposition players. Does that make him a shit bloke? Really unless you know him its hard to say hes a shit bloke.

Not just that he said something, but what he said. I'd be happy to say he's a shit bloke.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:11 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:It just beggars belief that he would be ok with the recording of that. Perhaps he already had a head full of snow and wasn't thinking very straight anyway, but to seemingly be a willing participant in such a happening is just unbelievable.

Wouldnt worry about the flight, id be more worried about customs coming back in. Sniffer dogs and rubber gloves at the ready, Jake may even be a guest on Border Security :D

One of the directors of the company I work for was the Minister for Immigration in New Zealand. I was in Queenstown having dinner with him and told him a couple of sheep jokes.

He said "You know, as the minister, I can authorise cavity searches at the airport? Oh, and it won't be conducted by a dentist" :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:22 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Not just that he said something, but what he said. I'd be happy to say he's a shit bloke.

What he said to Cornes wasn't on.
What he said to Pearce has been said a million times before & will be said a million times again. Not to mention Pearce's squealing at the time smacked of hypocrisy & double standards considering Pearce's treatment of a female a few years ago.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5702 times
Been liked: 5275 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:25 am

Cornes is a champion of my club and I won't argue with anyone saying what Minson said to him was below average.

Danyle Pearce.....was never a fan, now he's a purple people eater I care little for him. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:59 am

Collingwood offer the St Kilda 2016 2nd Round Pick + Pick 26 for Aish.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby JK » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:07 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Ditto
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3012 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:11 am

Will be interesting to see how the whole AFL drug policy plays out, and not just in relation to Carlisle. Jon Ralph (among others) is convinced the policy will be scaled back to 2 strikes within a matter of days - What isn't known is whether existing strikes will carry over, or whether they'll wipe the slate for a new beginning.

If they do carry over, then Carlisle is 1 strike away from missing a stack of footy, for a club he hasn't even played for yet.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3012 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:23 am

Lol Saints have just copped it and are moving on. They wont be sacking him or challenging the AFL
Jim05
Coach

Postby beef » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:32 am

Surely he can only be fined for being stupid. No one has said what the powder is. Carlise will say it was a bad joke using wizz fizz or something. Nothing will come of this
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 257 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:34 am

St Kilda have got 2 hours to sort a trade out for him? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:51 am

Booney wrote:St Kilda have got 2 hours to sort a trade out for him? :lol:

Love how their CEO said Jake is on notice and has to fit into the Saints culture.
Expect him to start burning dwarves and shagging school girls anytime from now :D
Jim05
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:54 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:St Kilda have got 2 hours to sort a trade out for him? :lol:

Love how their CEO said Jake is on notice and has to fit into the Saints culture.
Expect him to start burning dwarves and shagging school girls anytime from now :D

:lol:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1173 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL