Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby valleys07 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:52 pm

Booney wrote:I don't think we need to go down that path at this point.

I don't think we need to go down that path, either- but one can't deny the inevitable scrutiny that will come with underachievement.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:Interesting after the wash up looking at the stats. Lobbe matched Jacobs in terms of hit outs to advantage which is interesting as well as the contested ball and clearances.

Jacobs 41 - 8 to advantage
Lobbe 38 - 7 to advantage

From that you would say Lobbe held his own. Jacobs is no mug and one of the best in the comp, so I would suggest it was a fair improvement form Lobbe this week and hence he was not your issue. Also you guys one your share of contested ball and clearances. Smashed in un contested possesions as we saw the crows had so much space. Obviously the issue others have eluded to about the press.

Another interesting fact, inside 50's: Port 70 Crows 55. Staggering really, your delivery was terrible to your forwards.

Ergo me telling Wubbsy to piss off when he asked "Is Dixon playing this week?".

Clearly didn't watch the game, none of the forwards had any chance to work with the delivery they were given.

I'd like ( am I really asking this? ) another stat, Inside 25, clubs get lots of shallow entries into the F50 that just cross the arc and I think the modern game would reflect a sides attacking power better by tracking how many times they get within 25 of goal.

Also, I'd like "pass backs" where defensive players take the ball into the others sides F50 to not count as a F50 entry. Adelaide used the fat side to their advantage on the weekend and I'd say 5 or more of Ports I50's would have been Adelaide switching and taking it into the F50 for Port with no Port player in sight.

Dixon was double teamed and the delivery was poor but he needs to move more or lead up and make space for Westoff and co.
He stayed too close to home trying to wrestle and the crows just double teamed him and ran off him.
His body language at times didn't look great either.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:59 pm

stan wrote:Interesting after the wash up looking at the stats. Lobbe matched Jacobs in terms of hit outs to advantage which is interesting as well as the contested ball and clearances.

From that you would say Lobbe held his own. Jacobs is no mug and one of the best in the comp, so I would suggest it was a fair improvement form Lobbe this week and hence he was not your issue. Also you guys one your share of contested ball and clearances. Smashed in un contested possesions as we saw the crows had so much space. Obviously the issue others have eluded to about the press.

Another interesting fact, inside 50's: Port 70 Crows 55. Staggering really, your delivery was terrible to your forwards.

I thought Jacobs clearly beat Lobbe in the ruck contests and also around the ground.
Lobbe looks slow and lost at times.
Port may have leg speed in the middle but with Lobbe, Trengove and Carlisle they clearly have 3 of the slowest talls around the ground.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:04 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Ergo me telling Wubbsy to piss off when he asked "Is Dixon playing this week?".

Clearly didn't watch the game, none of the forwards had any chance to work with the delivery they were given.

I'd like ( am I really asking this? ) another stat, Inside 25, clubs get lots of shallow entries into the F50 that just cross the arc and I think the modern game would reflect a sides attacking power better by tracking how many times they get within 25 of goal.

Also, I'd like "pass backs" where defensive players take the ball into the others sides F50 to not count as a F50 entry. Adelaide used the fat side to their advantage on the weekend and I'd say 5 or more of Ports I50's would have been Adelaide switching and taking it into the F50 for Port with no Port player in sight.

Dixon was double teamed and the delivery was poor but he needs to move more or lead up and make space for Westoff and co.
He stayed too close to home trying to wrestle and the crows just double teamed him and ran off him.
His body language at times didn't look great either.

Agreed, the two occasions he led at the ball he clunked it and looked very hard to beat, when the midfield bring it in slow and pander to his request of dropping it on his head, Talia will win that every time with Lever, Hartigan and Laird to help out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:12 pm

I know Polec is coming back from a long term injury and has always been a front runner but how many games can he be gifted?
He needs to learn there are 2 ends to a footy field and he can occasionally get a hard ball himself and not rely on team mates all the time.
No point having speed and a great left foot kick if you're not getting the ball.
As good as Gray and Wingard are around goal one of them needs to push up onto a wing to cover White and Polec permanently.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:18 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I know Polec is coming back from a long term injury and has always been a front runner but how many games can he be gifted?
He needs to learn there are 2 ends to a footy field and he can occasionally get a hard ball himself and not rely on team mates all the time.
No point having speed and a great left foot kick if you're not getting the ball.
As good as Gray and Wingard are around goal one of them needs to push up onto a wing to cover White and Polec permanently.

I don't think he's been gifted any games, he was very good in '14, not sighted in '15 and has had a mixed start to '16. He was ok in the internal trial, played well against Sydney, was a better performer against Melbourne and stayed home off the hard deck at Etihad against Richmond.

19 touches against the St's was ok, 5 against Adelaide with 1 to half time was deplorable, shocking. He needs to have a sound game this week for sure, as noted already though, hardly being pressured by players below him for his spot, that's where the trouble lies.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:I know Polec is coming back from a long term injury and has always been a front runner but how many games can he be gifted?

I don't think he's been gifted any games, he was very good in '14, not sighted in '15 and has had a mixed start to '16. He was ok in the internal trial, played well against Sydney, was a better performer against Melbourne and stayed home off the hard deck at Etihad against Richmond.

19 touches against the St's was ok, 5 against Adelaide with 1 to half time was deplorable, shocking. He needs to have a sound game this week for sure, as noted already though, hardly being pressured by players below him for his spot, that's where the trouble lies.

That's the problem though.
He's a front runner who when the team plays well so does he but when the team really needs him he goes missing.
Be good to see his stats in winning games versus losing ones........massive difference I'd say.
But as you say there is no pressure from below.
If Toumpas is a regular this season then start making plans elsewhere now for September.
Too slow and decision making is poor.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:24 pm

Also what is wrong with Boak?
Surely injured as he never plays 2 bad games in a row.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Hartlett and Schulz to sit out Friday night
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dog_ger2 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:35 pm

You recovered Booney... :D

2016 is going to be a hard year my good friend..

I wish you well. :D
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Sharksta » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Ryder, Polec, & Dixon are all players that were often referred to as lazy & casual players at their previous clubs.

Port backed their culture to turn around the attitudes of these players. Both Dixon & Polec both now being referred to in the same light at Port. Being based in qld the strong word is that neither club was upset at loosing these players.

I think both are important keys to Ports success so it'll be interesting to see if old habits can be eliminated
Sharksta
Rookie

Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:59 am

Sharksta wrote:Ryder, Polec, & Dixon are all players that were often referred to as lazy & casual players at their previous clubs.

Port backed their culture to turn around the attitudes of these players. Both Dixon & Polec both now being referred to in the same light at Port. Being based in qld the strong word is that neither club was upset at loosing these players.

I think both are important keys to Ports success so it'll be interesting to see if old habits can be eliminated

Dixon has played 2, I repeat 2 games. Polec has played 29 into his third year. Anyone referring to them in that manner needs to cool their heels a little.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:05 am

Not sure you should add a game to their tally from last weekend
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby stan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:26 am

MW wrote:Not sure you should add a game to their tally from last weekend

Should lose one, oh no he didnt!
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Where's the 47 page write up?
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:33 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Where's the 47 page write up?

Yeah imagine if Valleys wrote for the Sunday Mail, you'd think the Power had a bye last week, front page when they win but
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:59 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Where's the 47 page write up?

Yeah imagine if Valleys wrote for the Sunday Mail, you'd think the Power had a bye last week, front page when they win but

Think he mentioned a few pages back he didn't get to see the game? Might be why it's missing this week.. but I am disappointed lol - it's a good read :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:24 am

Pretty sure he was at a wedding and missed it. Lucky bastard.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:10 pm

Perhaps we all take a deep breath and relax, Port have the same amount of wins as Adelaide, West Coast, Collingwood, Geelong, Richmond, GWS, Melbourne, Essendon and yes even the mighty world beaters Hawthorn.

Deep breath people count to 10 and calm your farm lets re-visit after about round 8 hey. Yes there are some signs that certain areas need attention and I'm sure Ken isn't sitting back on his hands reading SA Footy and ready to shut the doors (Like basically a lot of you are suggesting)

Peace out see you loyal Port people at the game Friday night for a beer or 12.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:14 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Also what is wrong with Boak?
Surely injured as he never plays 2 bad games in a row.

Whilst something smells off, Maybe his just had 2 average games, Tex has done the same but when your winning the heat isn't on you. Also a major part is the Adel mid tear players are going great guns and covering the void but when Port are in Trouble at the moment its left to the same 4 to bust there ass in Trav, Ollie, Robbie and Chad. these 4 are certainty not our issues.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL