Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:52 am

I reckon both he and B Crouch will stay. But they will eat up the cash that we may have thrown at Lachie Neale
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:56 am

You'd surely have plenty in the kitty left over from the Dangerfield departure. The Neale thing wouldn't be an issue just need to have some firepower on the trade table.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 773 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Spargo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:57 am

Booney wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:What can you do though? If he goes because other clubs throw the kitchen sink at him well sorry folks and all the best Josh. He's 28 years old and as we all know most big blokes start going backwards as they approach 30 years of age. He's not like he can go up the ground and we have seen what happens at Port and blokes like Cloke when you sign them up for longer than you should.

In saying that I think he will stay, just don't get bent over in the process.

What's happening at Port, mate?

Please direct all non-crow talk to the appropriate threads.

Thanks.
Last edited by Spargo on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5711 times
Been liked: 5276 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:57 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:You'd surely have plenty in the kitty left over from the Dangerfield departure. The Neale thing wouldn't be an issue just need to have some firepower on the trade table.

Isnt Neale a restricted free agent?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:59 am

Rik E Boy wrote:This could be a feisty thread in a few weeks.

Regards,

REB

Some handbag slinging?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8073 times

Postby MW » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:04 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:What can you do though? If he goes because other clubs throw the kitchen sink at him well sorry folks and all the best Josh. He's 28 years old and as we all know most big blokes start going backwards as they approach 30 years of age. He's not like he can go up the ground and we have seen what happens at Port and blokes like Cloke when you sign them up for longer than you should.

Thanks.

You still butt hurt over that?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:05 am

stan wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:You'd surely have plenty in the kitty left over from the Dangerfield departure. The Neale thing wouldn't be an issue just need to have some firepower on the trade table.

Isnt Neale a restricted free agent?

About to re-sign at Freo many think
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09 am

MW wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:

Thanks.

You still butt hurt over that?

I've struggled to post since.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5711 times
Been liked: 5276 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:27 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Lobbe was another example off the top of my head Boon. Unless you're a dead set superstar with plenty of years in the tank it's dangerous to sign up ok to good players on long term contracts. If something goes off then you're stuck with them.

The way of the future mate. Players, like Lobbe, who have shown the ability to hold down a spot ( don't judge him on this year alone ) will hit the mid-20's and be given deals to keep them tied up for 3 years at least. I reckon 2 year deals will soon be a thing of the past or for players over 27-28 only.

The discussion about Hartlett's deal is just ridiculous, he's had several average matches this year but I'm pretty certain lots of clubs would be happy to have him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7634 times
Been liked: 11101 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

bennymacca wrote:I reckon both he and B Crouch will stay. But they will eat up the cash that we may have thrown at Lachie Neale

Agree both will stay but if Thompson retired that would free some cash up too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4305 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:37 pm

Brodlach wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I reckon both he and B Crouch will stay. But they will eat up the cash that we may have thrown at Lachie Neale

In the form he's in, will he?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Booney wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Lobbe was another example off the top of my head Boon. Unless you're a dead set superstar with plenty of years in the tank it's dangerous to sign up ok to good players on long term contracts. If something goes off then you're stuck with them.

The way of the future mate. Players, like Lobbe, who have shown the ability to hold down a spot ( don't judge him on this year alone ) will hit the mid-20's and be given deals to keep them tied up for 3 years at least. I reckon 2 year deals will soon be a thing of the past or for players over 27-28 only.

The discussion about Hartlett's deal is just ridiculous, he's had several average matches this year but I'm pretty certain lots of clubs would be happy to have him.

More like don't judge him on 2014 alone.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

In the form he's in, will he?

Will be 34 at the start of next season, end comes quickly for some players (not saying he will him it happens to older players)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4305 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Grahaml » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Not sure Thompson would be taking up much cap space. He's a veteran so only part of what he's paid counts (unless that rule has changed). The cap space we kept for Dangerfield in case he stayed put could get eaten up by keeping some of these blokes but there should still be wriggle room to throwa decent offer at someone. Would love to make a play for Dustin Martin, reckon he could take us to the next level, but I think there's enough being shown by the younger guys to think we can manage with this group.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:29 pm

Brodlach wrote:Will be 34 at the start of next season, end comes quickly for some players (not saying he will him it happens to older players)

Although I fully rate his endeavour and attack on the ball, he frustrates me with the silly undisciplined crap he does right in front of the umpire, moreso after conceding a free, I think he needs to show better leadership qualities with the young lads coming through.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:31 pm

Grahaml wrote:Not sure Thompson would be taking up much cap space. He's a veteran so only part of what he's paid counts (unless that rule has changed). The cap space we kept for Dangerfield in case he stayed put could get eaten up by keeping some of these blokes but there should still be wriggle room to throwa decent offer at someone. Would love to make a play for Dustin Martin, reckon he could take us to the next level, but I think there's enough being shown by the younger guys to think we can manage with this group.

Dusty will be a tiger forever, need to make a hard push for Lachie Neale or Dyson Heppell.

I'm curious to see just how many suspended Bombers actually return to Windy Hill, I'd imagine a fair swag of them will leave.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Fluffbag » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:36 pm

heater31 wrote:
MW wrote:He's implying when you sign up people long term and they don't deliver...prob thinking Hartlett from earlier in the year.
IMO he will stay. That's the impression I got from his interview with purple at the airport. He said he wants to stay if the club wants him there and his missus is happy in Adelaide.

Reckon this is the deciding factor.......

As Rumpole says, you must always listen to "She Who Must Be Obeyed"
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 50 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:47 pm

Fluffbag wrote:
heater31 wrote:
MW wrote:He's implying when you sign up people long term and they don't deliver...prob thinking Hartlett from earlier in the year.
IMO he will stay. That's the impression I got from his interview with purple at the airport. He said he wants to stay if the club wants him there and his missus is happy in Adelaide.

Then again, if Adelaide offer say $600-700k on a 3 year deal and Brisbane, or Fremantle, are closer to $750-800 and 4-5 years....

$1.8-2.1 or $3.75-4m? I know what Mrs Boon would say. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:01 pm

Booney wrote:
Fluffbag wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Then again, if Adelaide offer say $600-700k on a 3 year deal and Brisbane, or Fremantle, are closer to $750-800 and 4-5 years....

$1.8-2.1 or $3.75-4m? I know what Mrs Boon would say. :D

See ya?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 660 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Not sure Thompson would be taking up much cap space. He's a veteran so only part of what he's paid counts (unless that rule has changed). The cap space we kept for Dangerfield in case he stayed put could get eaten up by keeping some of these blokes but there should still be wriggle room to throwa decent offer at someone. Would love to make a play for Dustin Martin, reckon he could take us to the next level, but I think there's enough being shown by the younger guys to think we can manage with this group.

Dusty will be a tiger forever, need to make a hard push for Lachie Neale or Dyson Heppell.

I'm curious to see just how many suspended Bombers actually return to Windy Hill, I'd imagine a fair swag of them will leave.

Fair swag?
6 of the 12 already re-signed.
Might lose 2-3 tops
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL