All Australian Team to be announced tonight (16/9/14)

Talk on the national game

Re: All Australian Team to be announced tonight (16/9/14)

Postby smac » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Perhaps @Dissident could do a poster champs one of those
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:02 pm

priddis leading with 2 rounds to go and they havent even got him in the all australian team.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:11 pm

bennymacca wrote:priddis leading with 2 rounds to go and they havent even got him in the all australian team.

To be fair who does he replace?
Remember this is only the umpires votes, the judges who pick the AA sides dont get it wrong too often
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3565 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: 2014 AFL All Australian Team

Postby helicopterking » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Priddis LOL. Gets a nom for being a consistent player over a long period. Lots of the pill but how effectively did he use it? A strong second half of the season gets him over the line, the same for Ellis. No probs with Ward or Libba's gong.

regards,

REB

Gets a Nod for being the best player in the comp for season 2014 and not selected in this bullshit team.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:priddis leading with 2 rounds to go and they havent even got him in the all australian team.

To be fair who does he replace?
Remember this is only the umpires votes, the judges who pick the AA sides dont get it wrong too often

Pendlebury
helicopterking
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Rockliff
helicopterking
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:13 pm

heppell lewis pendles rockliff for starters.

obviously helps that there wasnt too many other west coast mids stealing votes off him, but it is quite funny that one poster on here got laughed down for suggesting priddis should be in there (cant remember who)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:15 pm

most disposals, second most clearances, third most tackles. that is pretty impressive.

afl would also be sighing some relief that fyfe didnt win too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:15 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Priddis LOL. Gets a nom for being a consistent player over a long period. Lots of the pill but how effectively did he use it? A strong second half of the season gets him over the line, the same for Ellis. No probs with Ward or Libba's gong.

regards,

REB

Gets a Nod for being the best player in the comp for season 2014 and not selected in this bullshit team.

Best player in the umpires eyes.
If you were picking a side to play tomorrow I would think most people would still pick the guys in the AA over him. One reason the Coaches award and MVP is becoming more popular each year. Reckon they are better judges than the umps
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Jim05 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

regards,

REB

If you were picking a side to play tomorrow I would think most people would still pick the guys in the AA over him. One reason the Coaches award and MVP is becoming more popular each year. Reckon they are better judges than the umps

thats the problem with the AA team though, it seems to be picked on who is the best player, not who has the best season. first disposals, second clearances, third tackles, that shits all over pendles this year. of course pendles is a better player but thats not the point.

i agree with that last bit, but i wonder the last time that the brownlow medal winner wasnt selected in the AA team?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:21 pm

His stats don't lie. Well Deserved.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:24 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

regards,

REB

thats the problem with the AA team though, it seems to be picked on who is the best player, not who has the best season. first disposals, second clearances, third tackles, that shits all over pendles this year. of course pendles is a better player but thats not the point.

i agree with that last bit, but i wonder the last time that the brownlow medal winner wasnt selected in the AA team?

Correct, picked on reputation, not season performance.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:25 pm

Amazing season by GAJ, misses a third of the season and only just misses out.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:26 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

regards,

REB

Ask Bruce I'm sure he would know. I would like to know the stat of how many stats he gave out tonight
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby kickinit » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Brownlow is becoming less of a award each year. Priddis had a very good year and deserved to win it. But Gray no way near it, who was clearly our best player for the year. Dangerfield shouldn't even been close. Coaches award and MVP becoming the main awards.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Jim05 wrote:Amazing season by GAJ, misses a third of the season and only just misses out.

correct, he would have smashed it otherwise.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:29 pm

helicopterking wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Correct, picked on reputation, not season performance.

Agree to some extent about the AA but how do you explain the Coaches Award or MVP where Priddis didnt finish top 5 in either?
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:31 pm

kickinit wrote:Brownlow is becoming less of a award each year. Priddis had a very good year and deserved to win it. But Gray no way near it, who was clearly our best player for the year. Dangerfield shouldn't even been close. Coaches award and MVP becoming the main awards.

i was definitely surprised danger was so close. definitely the sort of player that the umps will give 3 every time he plays well though.

but given how he polls, he only needs to get half consistent (or play in a melbourne team :shock: ) and he will win a brownlow
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:34 pm

bennymacca wrote:
kickinit wrote:Brownlow is becoming less of a award each year. Priddis had a very good year and deserved to win it. But Gray no way near it, who was clearly our best player for the year. Dangerfield shouldn't even been close. Coaches award and MVP becoming the main awards.

i was definitely surprised danger was so close. definitely the sort of player that the umps will give 3 every time he plays well though.

but given how he polls, he only needs to get half consistent (or play in a melbourne team :shock: ) and he will win a brownlow

FYI Benny no player from a Melbourne side polled in the top half a dozen
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:35 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

regards,

REB

The last time was Woewodin in 2000
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2426 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL